Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    I doubt it, and if Superman is in this film, WB is stupid.
    I doubt there will be anything too substantial to this just yet beyond an Easter egg. But if they wanted to gradually build back up to an on-screen team up between them (after making sure they and their worlds are well defined and received as individuals first) it's actually one of the smarter things they could do.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Stuff like this isn't THAT unusual. The old Flash TV show had someone dressed as Superman at a costume party. BOP made a Supergirl reference. This happens all the time.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Stuff like this isn't THAT unusual. The old Flash TV show had someone dressed as Superman at a costume party. BOP made a Supergirl reference. This happens all the time.

Birds of Prey movie? where?

Maybe this is just a seed for a possible future IF things work out the way they want. Superman Returns also mentioned Gotham. WB had been wanting to do a JL movie for a long time, they just lack the talent to pull it off successfully..

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    The poster is likely referring to the BOP television show, not the movie.
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 10-17-2020 at 10:41 AM.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post

Even if you can't read it in the actual film, that article is pretty darn explicit about Superman existing.

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Along with that Gazette article making it clear he's real and not an in-universe fictional character, we got trunks, and we got a friend:

Genuinely love the implication - even if an implication is almost certainly all it will remain - that the gritty, tormented Pattinson Batman wears heavy plate armoring and works 'realistically' low-tech, while the Reevesverse Superman and Wonder Woman are just regular-ass comics Superman and Wonder Woman off having adventures in their own corners of the world.

(Which, to editorialize further, makes infinitely more sense than the DCEU having an incredibly toned-down 'realistic' Superman while Batman gets the regular Batman costume and used to hang out with a pantsless Robin. If you're doing the dichotomy, have the fantastical characters be the fantastical ones!)
    Last edited by Dispenser Of Truth; 10-17-2020 at 01:31 PM.
    Buh-bye

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post

Maybe this is just a seed for a possible future IF things work out the way they want. Superman Returns also mentioned Gotham. WB had been wanting to do a JL movie for a long time, they just lack the talent to pull it off successfully..
    Not the movie, the TV show from 20 years ago.
    Assassinate Putin!

Now that I seen them closer, they look like Halloween costumes. So...they're probably an Easter egg haha funny reference.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Even if you can't read it in the actual film, that article is pretty darn explicit about Superman existing.
    (head explodes from sheer awesomeness)
    Assassinate Putin!

Well Abrams and Reeves are friends. If somehow Abrams does end up making a new Superman movie despite there being nothing new since that initial rumor broke, maybe he’ll make a Superman movie set in the Reevesverse. If not then yeah it is funny to think that angsty emo Batman lives in the same world as a more traditional Superman.

This makes me think of the Titans TV show. A grim and gritty world where all the superheroes exist.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    This makes me think of the Titans TV show. A grim and gritty world where all the superheroes exist.
    Not that you'll actually see most of them .

Yeah, seeing those costumes, I don't think that they really exist in the film. I mean this is allegedly taking elements from Long Halloween and those look like Halloween costumes. Just a cool Easter egg, nothing more and nothing to legitimately be excited about or get your hopes up over.

Then again, a stupid easter egg where someone wears a Superman costume for a Halloween party in a world without a real Superman is still the best live action film appearance he's had in well over 30 years. Heck, maybe 40.

Just make a non-divisive movie for us WB. Come on.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Yeah, seeing those costumes, I don't think that they really exist in the film. I mean this is allegedly taking elements from Long Halloween and those look like Halloween costumes. Just a cool Easter egg, nothing more and nothing to legitimately be excited about or get your hopes up over.

Then again, a stupid easter egg where someone wears a Superman costume for a Halloween party in a world without a real Superman is still the best live action film appearance he's had in well over 30 years. Heck, maybe 40.

Just make a non-divisive movie for us WB. Come on.
    I...don't think that's quite how that works .

The newspaper article on-set seems way more explicit in indicating Superman actually exists.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    I doubt it, and if Superman is in this film, WB is stupid.
    The DCEU's been retconning Batman and Superman for years, this would simply be another to the pile. Affleck's out, Pattison's in.