Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default What ever happened to Skaar, the Hulk’s son?

You’d think being the offspring of one of the most well known Marvel characters would keep him in the spotlight?

Same for Lyra?

All-New Member

He might not mesh that well with Ewing's current run on immortal hulk but I think he'd be a great member of the savage avengers

let him chill out in france!
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Now that I think about it, has Ewing touched on him at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    You’d think being the offspring of one of the most well known Marvel characters would keep him in the spotlight?

Same for Lyra?
    Skaar was reverted to human and Lyra went back to the future.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

Quote Originally Posted by Random name View Post
    He might not mesh that well with Ewing's current run on immortal hulk but I think he'd be a great member of the savage avengers
    On an aside, I’d love to see Conan meet the hulk and spider man.

Quote Originally Posted by Random name View Post
    I think he would because the run explores Bruce's daddy issues. So having Bruce deal with his actual son would be interesting.

Astonishing Member

Same for Lyra?
    It’s that he’s the son of a major character that they want to keep him out of the spotlight. Major Marvel heroes aren’t allowed to have anything that would “date” them which includes children.

Not to mention that if you keep the Hulk around, his children are somewhat redundant and thus disposable.

All-New Member

Only thing I can remember is in a letters page responding to a readers question is the most Ewing has mentioned him

There seemed to be an edict at Marvel that there were too many Hulks running around. The run pre-Secret Wars had a whole plot point about Banner hopping around the Marvel Universe and forcibly depowering all the other Hulks, including Skaar, Red Hulk, Red She-Hulk and A-Bomb. Lyra wasn't depowered but was sent back to the future, IIRC.

Last time Skaar showed up, he was now living as a normal human in Europe and making a living as a hunter and fur trapper.

Quote Originally Posted by LordMikel View Post
    Skaar was reverted to human and Lyra went back to the future.
    Lyra didn’t go back to the future, she was last seen with her mother in Weird Wold at the end of Squadron Supreme.
    Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    There seemed to be an edict at Marvel that there were too many Hulks running around. The run pre-Secret Wars had a whole plot point about Banner hopping around the Marvel Universe and forcibly depowering all the other Hulks, including Skaar, Red Hulk, Red She-Hulk and A-Bomb. Lyra wasn't depowered but was sent back to the future, IIRC.

Last time Skaar showed up, he was now living as a normal human in Europe and making a living as a hunter and fur trapper.
    If there’s one thing that Ewing’s run has shown though it’s that Doc Green’s cure wasn’t a permanent fix. Rick hasn’t turned into A-Bomb but he’s still gamma powered, same with Betty. Even Captain America is gonna feature the return of Rulk if the solicits are to be believed. Skaar returning at this point is just a matter of a writer wanting to use him (personally I say that Aaron should have just used Skaar if he couldn’t use Bruce rather than what he’s done to Jen).
    Last edited by Kurolegacy; 10-17-2020 at 07:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Now that I think about it, has Ewing touched on him at all?
    It was mentioned early on that Shadowbase was looking for Skaar but couldn't find him.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Lyra didn’t go back to the future, she was last seen with her mother in Weird Wold at the end of Squadron Supreme.

If there’s one thing that Ewing’s run has shown though it’s that Doc Green’s cure wasn’t a permanent fix. Rick hasn’t turned into A-Bomb but he’s still gamma powered, same with Betty. Even Captain America is gonna feature the return of Rulk if the solicits are to be believed. Skaar returning at this point is just a matter of a writer wanting to use him (personally I say that Aaron should have just used Skaar if he couldn’t use Bruce rather than what he’s done to Jen).
    Oops, you are correct. Thank you.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post

Surprised Marvel seems more comfortable with a bunch of Spiders than Hulks, but I guess Spider-Verse worked out for them in that respect.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Surprised Marvel seems more comfortable with a bunch of Spiders than Hulks, but I guess Spider-Verse worked out for them in that respect.
    Marvel could feature the return of the Spider-Verse version of Bruce Banner as Spider-Man and a Hulk-Verse version of Peter Parker as The Hulk.