Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Collection help

All-New Member

Default Collection help

Hello everybody

Recently Got into Hellboy comics and have now purchesed all six of the libary collection. However I am intrested in getting my hands on all of the Hellboy comics (tpb/hc) but what Else is there? I have looked on various sites and it seems difficult to see whats what. So if anyone can help, that would be great. And are there any comics that are stand alones? That have never gone to tpb. That would be great to know aswell. Thankyou again.

House of the Dead and Midnight Circus are standalone HCs, that aren't in the library editions (yet) as well as the recent Hellboy in Hell, and Hellboy and the BPRD series. They will eventually, but haven't yet.

There's also some shorts from Dark Horse Presents that have yet to be collected.

There's a thread on here with a complete listing of everything, where its from and, I believe where it is or isn't collected. Take a look at that.
    http://community.comicbookresources....blishing-Order

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    House of the Dead and Midnight Circus are standalone HCs, that aren't in the library editions (yet) as well as the recent Hellboy in Hell, and Hellboy and the BPRD series. They will eventually, but haven't yet.

There's also some shorts from Dark Horse Presents that have yet to be collected.

There's a thread on here with a complete listing of everything, where its from and, I believe where it is or isn't collected. Take a look at that.
    http://community.comicbookresources....blishing-Order
    Thankyou, still quite overwhelming, which shorts? And what about something like masks and monsters?

All-New Member

Or the goon #7 or nextmen #21 are these in any collection?

I've also recently got into the Hellboy universe, and just got Library Edition 6 in the mail today actually.

I was also curious which to read next after finishing this volume, and that link you posted Joker is very handy. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Skaegster View Post
    Those would be occasions of Hellboy visiting other titles, so they are collected but not as Hellboy titles since they aren't (Next Men #21 was collected in Next Men Book 4: Faith; the Goon #7 in the Goon Volume 3: Heaps Of Ruination).

Other such standalone occasions would be Madman #5 (Dark Horse 1995), John Byrne's Babe 2 #2 (Dark Horse 1995), Ash #2 (Event 1995), Hellboy VS Painkiller Jane (Event 1997) or Beasts of Burden / Hellboy: Sacrifice (Dark Horse 2010).
    Last edited by Kees_L; 03-12-2015 at 02:56 PM.
    SLINT / Mike Mignola / Walt Whitman / Arthur Lourié / Dr. Pepper

Goon #7 will actually be in a Goon Library Edition eventually.

I get so jealous when I read about folks checking out Hellboy for the very first time. Welcome to the magic!

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton View Post
    I get so jealous when I read about folks checking out Hellboy for the very first time. Welcome to the magic!
    It's quite cool. There's an atmosphere all their own to these titles, I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton View Post
    That's the best part, having so much to catch up on. You can read at your own pace, and when you're ready for the next book, there's no waiting, you can simply go out and buy it. It's great to be the last person on the bandwagon in that regard.

All-New Member

I have heard there is a short in the Drums of the Dead one-shot, where would one find that. Or is it getting that one-shot the only way?
    Does anyone know how it has been determined that it is to be the issues that are combined in the library editions? Why did they jump over Masks & monsters in number 6 library edition? Why is M&M not in The Bride of Hell and Others? I know its a little thing but why is it that combination in the tpb?
    Thank you all again, you've been a great help!

Don't forget the Batman/ Starman teamup!
    http://www.amazon.com/Hellboy-Masks-...s+and+monsters
    Peace, Love, and Tacos

I have heard there is a short in the Drums of the Dead one-shot, where would one find that. Or is it getting that one-shot the only way?
    Does anyone know how it has been determined that it is to be the issues that are combined in the library editions? Why did they jump over Masks & monsters in number 6 library edition? Why is M&M not in The Bride of Hell and Others? I know its a little thing but why is it that combination in the tpb?
    Drums of the Dead was collected in B.P.R.D.: Hollow Earth & Other Stories which was collected into the first volume of the B.P.R.D. Plague of Frogs omnibuses.

Masks and Monsters was not collected in the library editions because it is not a part of the Hellboy canon. Cross-overs aren't a part of the Hellboy Universe.

Quote Originally Posted by middenway View Post
    Masks and Monsters was not collected in the library editions because it is not a part of the Hellboy canon. Cross-overs aren't a part of the Hellboy Universe.
    Nevertheless, I've been thinking about Batman et al and wondering how they'd all be dealing with the end of the world (or at least this particular take on it).

You do understand that a crossover is about combining lead characters from out of seperate storyworlds, yes?

You understand how the world of Mike Mignola's Hellboy & the B.P.R.D. would be separate from Batman's world or the Goon's world or Starman's world, right?

Batman belongs to DC Comics. The Goon comics are made by Eric Powell. The Starman version as appearing in Masks & Monsters would appear to be the Tony Harris / James Robinson version of the DC character. None of these characters or worlds are Mike Mignola's, the way Hellboy and the B.P.R.D. would be.
    Batman or the Goon, Madman or The Next Men would definably be other titles than Hellboy or the BPRD.

However, the stories that appear in the tpb Masks & Monsters apparently proved possible to get collected, whereas plenty of the other crossover occasions - especially any of the appearances in other titles did not get collected.

What more would you wish or need to understand?
    Last edited by Kees_L; 03-18-2015 at 12:23 PM.
    SLINT / Mike Mignola / Walt Whitman / Arthur Lourié / Dr. Pepper