Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by edhopper View Post
    Is the title of the series "Hell on Earth" not about the current situation, but a foreshadow of where things end up?
    Exactly.

As Middenway pointed out in his latest Hellnotes...

After all, it had been prophesied that Hellboy would come to Pandemonium and kill Satan in his sleeping chamber, then he would go up into the city and throw down all the princes and generals. Then he would claim the Crown of the Apocalypse waiting for him on his father’s throne, take up his father’s sword, and breathe life into the Great Army of Hell. Then he would break down walls of Hell, and riding a black dragon, he would lead that army to Earth.

Hellboy has yet to take up the Crown of the Apocalypse or his father’s sword, but it seems that he will. As I said before, time on Earth does not exactly line up with time in Hell, and in Hellboy: Darkness Calls, when Igor Bromhead lay dying, he spoke of being in Hell, where he could see Hellboy seated on a dragon at the head of an army. This moment has yet to happen for Hellboy, but if previous stories set any kind of precedent, it will happen, just not in the way we would assume

Makes ya wonder...

Spectacular Member

After reading #129 - Hellboy would say it best - OH CRAP

Resistance Is Fertile Junior Wormwood's Avatar

Whoa... A whole new can of worms appears to have been opened. Will Hell's army be making it's way to Earth after all? And holy *$&#... The Black Flame has definitely upped the stakes in a major way.

Is Mignolaversity doing this one? I looked under the mutiversity reviews section for it, but no sign. And the latest article in the mignolaversity tag section is the recent Hellnotes. Sometimes they don't show up for me right away though, but it's been a couple days so I thought I'd check

Quote Originally Posted by Skinkie View Post
    Is Mignolaversity doing this one? I looked under the mutiversity reviews section for it, but no sign. And the latest article in the mignolaversity tag section is the recent Hellnotes. Sometimes they don't show up for me right away though, but it's been a couple days so I thought I'd check
    It went up a little later than usual.

Ah. Excellent

Spectacular Member

Really loved this arc. I will dearly miss Harren on this but I look forward to the rotating arsenal of artists on this series.

I find it interesting how agents react to the abilities of Sherman and Howards. We saw in one issue an agent likened celebrating with Sherman to sitting down with an atomic bomb. However, we see Howards' abilities and now his sword shape is added to the BPRD logo.

It's taken me a little while to warm up to them, but I give Arcudi massive credit for creating new agents, developing them, and making me care about them. Enos, Howards, Giarocco, Tian, I really like them all. I feel it's especially difficult to do in a comic where usually the "human" agents are normally fodder or background material while the monster/supernatural characters shine at the forefront. I can't believe I even miss Devon a little bit and wonder what he's up to right now.

Quote Originally Posted by awalk1227 View Post
    I can't believe I even miss Devon a little bit and wonder what he's up to right now.
    Yeah, where is he? I haven't seen him since Reign of the Black Flame (or maybe he's appeared in the background since and I missed it).