Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    Note-james rhodes was legacy character but not anymore since he been war-machine for along time and not ironman anymore.

The debate for war-machine is he really a side kick or not.
    I don't think Jame Rhodes was ever serve as a sidekick to Tony Stark.

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post
    I don't think Jame Rhodes was ever serve as a sidekick to Tony Stark.
    Before he became War Machine, he was Tony's pilot.

Still not a legacy character.
    Yes she is. I cannot fathom how you're arguing this.

I gave you an example for luke cage.
    He is called power man but there was powerman earlier in marvel comics that had nothing to do with him.
    Is luke cage a legacy character? no.
    You're grasping at straws with this. Monica was specifically told that the name originally belonged to Mar-Vell and was given the blessing to use it by Ben.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Yes she is. I cannot fathom how you're arguing this.

You're grasping at straws with this. Monica was specifically told that the name originally belonged to Mar-Vell and was given the blessing to use it by Ben.
    I don't agree.
    Anyway she does not have name anymore as well so that does make her legacy.
    Her name is spectrum and she has not been captain marvel in a long time.
    Even when she had the name she had nothing to do with him.
    I just gave the definition in last page.
    She is not a legacy.

I don't agree.
    She is not a legacy.
    Ok but if a black character with no connection to Clark/ Krypton popped up calling himself Superman people would definitely still be calling him a legacy.

I don't agree.
    She is not a legacy.
    Jason Todd doesn't use the Robin name anymore. Are you going to say he isn't a legacy?

She used his name after it was bestowed onto her by one of Marvel's superhero colleagues. That is as much to do with him as you need. By your logic Kamala Khan isn't a legacy despite having nothing to do with Carol Danvers.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Ok but if a black character with no connection to Clark/ Krypton popped up calling himself Superman people would definitely still be calling him a legacy.
    Like Karen Powergirl and Tanya Powergirl???

Extraordinary Member

He would not be a legacy if he has no connection with clark.
    Example powerman luke cage and original powerman erik josten or calvin ellis superman who is from a different earth.
    Barry allen is not a legacy as well and jay garrick was the original flash.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post

She used his name after it was bestowed onto her by one of Marvel's superhero colleagues. That is as much to do with him as you need. By your logic Kamala Khan isn't a legacy despite having nothing to do with Carol Danvers.
    Kamala khan consciously called herself ms.marvel,so that maybe different story.
    She know who carol is and called herself that because of carol but if you go by the definition below.
    A Legacy Hero is a hero who's title, powers or duty to heroism was passed onto him/her by a predessessor. The Legacy Hero is diametrically opposed to the Legacy Villain.
    Then she is not a legacy even if she got the same name.
    Anyway going by the definition above she is not Legacy either.
    The character must a connection.

Jason Todd doesn't use the Robin name anymore. Are you going to say he isn't a legacy?
    Yes.
    The character has to have continue or keep with that name robin if we going by the definition OR TRUE definition.

That word legacy was use incorrectly by some for awhile now.
    Last edited by mace11; 10-28-2020 at 11:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace
    they were both meh with legacy for a while
    I’d say they still are.

Mighty Member

There is a reason why I don't feel stress and anxious when I read Kate Bishop, Mile or Ms Marvel solo books because Marvel has a good track record in handling the legacy heroes better than DC Comics where Nightwing and Titans alway get short end and have the poor writing in styles and even wander why most of the titans were dead in the "HIC". At least for Marvel fans, they are graceful to have their legacy heroes isn't use as a cannon folder.

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post
    There is a reason why I don't feel stress and anxious when I read Kate Bishop, Mile or Ms Marvel solo books because Marvel has a good track record in handling the legacy heroes better than DC Comics where Nightwing and Titans alway get short end and have the poor writing in styles and even wander why most of the titans were dead in the "HIC". At least for Marvel fans, they are graceful to have their legacy heroes isn't use as a cannon folder.
    Avril Kincaid, the recent Quasar, got killed off. Ben Reilly died and then came back as a villain. Mattie Franklin, the third Spider-Woman, was killed off twice.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    Someone here on this site put it as “DC is better at sidekicks, Marvel is better at teen heroes”.
    I think that may have been the case at one point, but not really anymore. Young Justice feels like DCs answer to this.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    I think that may have been the case at one point, but not really anymore. Young Justice feels like DCs answer to this.
    Those kids held a team book.

Three held long running solos.

One of those book sold and it got the editor fired. The same editor who got some no names WORK-Geoff Johns and Ethan Van Sciever. Too bad they didn't do anything important with Hal Jordan.....

Yet we saw all those kids get ruined by DC's leadership.

Mind you those kids did that before Miles, Riri, Kamala and Sam were ever thought of.

Yet it's Miles with a hit movie and Oscar and New York Times Best seller book. Kamala bypassing Cassandra Cain and getting a show.

While Tim and friends are still a mess by NO FAULT of their fans.

The department that runs the comics don’t have much control on what other departments do with characters out of the comics. Look at the Young Justice TV show. It’s not the comic YJ at the core of that. So it’s not even that DC aren’t doing things with their young heroes. The comic division is just completely disconnected with which young heroes the other departments are actually interested in doing things with.

Tim and friends are dead ends. Regardless if once upon a time they held a solo. Times change. Despite this narrative that DC ruined them, they have consistently published them as their premier young heroes. While it’s the young heroes that we see in video games and tv shows they do nothing or very little with. This continual reliance on those characters is what holds DCs young heroes back.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 11-07-2020 at 06:22 PM.

I will chime in and say as much as I dislike much of Didio's tenure and find his excuse for why Nightwing and the original Titans supposedly don't work to be obnoxious, a number of new legacy heroes were created under his tenure, Jaime Reyes and Jessica Cruz probably being the most high profile.

I don't think he dislikes legacy heroes as a rule, he just has a few he has a specific axe to grind with.