Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 22
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    25,207

    Default Invincible vs The Plutonian

    Both are aiming to kill. Who wins?

  2. #2
    Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    6,800

    Default

    Plutonian was like some kind of mad reality warping god. Mark's tough but he's way out of his depth here.
    Twitter
    Tumblr
    Follow my social media for animations and art and junk.
    Art Thread on CBR

  3. #3
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    With the Orishas
    Posts
    6,986

    Default

    Yep, Plutonian was later revealed to be more of a reality warped than a Superman pastiche.

    He’s in an entirely different weight class to Invincible.
    "Obviously not all conservatives are racists/bigots but all racists/bigots claim to be conservative"- Unknown

    "BE WOKE, VOTE!!"

  4. #4
    Extraordinary Member Cody's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,017

    Default

    I wouldn't look into the whole reality warping thing too much tbh. The writers seemingly were making it up as they go, as such those abilities weren't well defined. He still got pummeled into submission and raped even after finding out what he could do. With what he has shown, he is arguably no stronger than Mark, but has heat vision to add more to his skill set and gives him range game. Plus he has shown to have a fraction of light reactions(though he is not consistent in terms of speed, he even managed to blitz himself once for crying out loud). He is arguably tougher, given him withstanding a gravity generator that allegedly pushed out a force comparable to that of a black hole.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Physically grabbing an released Black Hole to stop it is like throwing a sandwich at Galactus to stop him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    I stand by my belief of Toriyama seeing a certain match online and going "Oh Yeah?!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    Every time you say the name of some kind of nonsense martial art, an angel gets its wings, and Val Armorr learns the martial art, retroactively founds it, then super karates the angel unconscious with it.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

  5. #5
    Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,539

    Default

    Didn't that beatdown involve entire stars being consumed with every punch? That is pretty above Mark's output.

  6. #6
    The Undead One The Chou Lives's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,187

    Default

    Pluto’s literally rewrites reality, could affect the multiverse and seemed only weak to magic.

    Mark is fucked.

  7. #7
    Extraordinary Member Cody's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,017

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    Pluto’s literally rewrites reality, could affect the multiverse and seemed only weak to magic.
    Yeah that never happened no. He only messes with reality in terms of making his specific powerset work while not breaking the laws of physics. That's about it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Didn't that beatdown involve entire stars being consumed with every punch? That is pretty above Mark's output.
    Not exactly no. One star in a distant galaxy died out the same time Plut was getting beaten on. Not sure if that was due to the he/she that was beating on him and draining that specific far off star for power, or if it was just for dramatic purposes.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Physically grabbing an released Black Hole to stop it is like throwing a sandwich at Galactus to stop him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    I stand by my belief of Toriyama seeing a certain match online and going "Oh Yeah?!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    Every time you say the name of some kind of nonsense martial art, an angel gets its wings, and Val Armorr learns the martial art, retroactively founds it, then super karates the angel unconscious with it.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

  8. #8
    Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,539

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    Yeah that never happened no. He only messes with reality in terms of making his specific powerset work while not breaking the laws of physics. That's about it.



    Not exactly no. One star in a distant galaxy died out the same time Plut was getting beaten on. Not sure if that was due to the he/she that was beating on him and draining that specific far off star for power, or if it was just for dramatic purposes.
    No, I just checked.

    https://comicvine1.cbsistatic.com/up...irr_35_020.jpg
    https://comicvine1.cbsistatic.com/up...4199-39005.jpg

    "For every blow you force me to land, an entire star system dies." We see a star go out as the villain monologues about it. What is your argument? That that was the only star that got drained? Because the villain in question uses pretty precise language and the camera is being kept on the action.

  9. #9
    The Tentacle God Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Dead City of R'lyeh
    Posts
    19,765

    Default

    I mean yea, if comics were as specific as that all the time we wouldn't have much in the way of nebulous/wishy-washy feats.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

    Arxiros "Arx" Inosaan | Inanna

  10. #10
    The Undead One The Chou Lives's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,187

    Default

    I met at the end. Plutonian willed himself to spread to other universes hinting all capes Superman style people originated from him.

    Yeah the end of Irredeemable hints that is why Superman like beings exist in general.

  11. #11
    Astonishing Member Shellhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,292

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    I met at the end. Plutonian willed himself to spread to other universes hinting all capes Superman style people originated from him.

    Yeah the end of Irredeemable hints that is why Superman like beings exist in general.
    I like that. It even sort of explains why all these Supermen keep rumbling here. I mean, you think it would get a bit dull arguing the nuances of a fight between two guys with nearly identical power sets, but perhaps they are all parts of an original whole that are drawn together in violent opposition.

  12. #12
    Give me your SOUL! The Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Darkest recesses of my mind
    Posts
    3,216

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    I met at the end. Plutonian willed himself to spread to other universes hinting all capes Superman style people originated from him.

    Yeah the end of Irredeemable hints that is why Superman like beings exist in general.
    Plutonian didn't will himself to spread to other universes, Qubit did. He used his portals to send Plutonian's essence throughout multiple universes, as a way to "redeem" Plutonian by ensuring his legacy potentially did some good somewhere.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

  13. #13
    The Undead One The Chou Lives's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,187

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Plutonian didn't will himself to spread to other universes, Qubit did. He used his portals to send Plutonian's essence throughout multiple universes, as a way to "redeem" Plutonian by ensuring his legacy potentially did some good somewhere.
    Ahh it’s been forever since I read it. But yeah his mojo still made Supes on said realities. And that ending makes more sense.

  14. #14
    Extraordinary Member Pendaran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,325

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    Ahh it’s been forever since I read it. But yeah his mojo still made Supes on said realities. And that ending makes more sense.
    It doesn't put his own powers while alive on some multiversal scale all the same.

  15. #15
    The Undead One The Chou Lives's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,187

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    It doesn't put his own powers while alive on some multiversal scale all the same.
    He was fucking with reality while together and when he got scattered, every single piece became a being with the super man power set.

    I do not mean like living tribunal in governing realities. I mean the powers work no matter where they end up ( Labelling it because in the case of the infinity stones, only one set works pre universe.)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •