Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 22 of 22
  1. #16
    Give me your SOUL! The Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Darkest recesses of my mind
    Posts
    3,189

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    He was fucking with reality while together and when he got scattered, every single piece became a being with the super man power set.

    I do not mean like living tribunal in governing realities. I mean the powers work no matter where they end up ( Labelling it because in the case of the infinity stones, only one set works pre universe.)
    No he didn't. What we see in one universe/reality (our own), that spoilers:
    a part of his essence gave Siegel and Shuster the inspiration for the fictional character of Superman. So his essence didn't become a bunch of different people.
    end of spoilers
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

  2. #17
    Extraordinary Member Pendaran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,311

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    He was fucking with reality while together and when he got scattered, every single piece became a being with the super man power set.

    I do not mean like living tribunal in governing realities. I mean the powers work no matter where they end up ( Labelling it because in the case of the infinity stones, only one set works pre universe.)
    Well, beaten to clarifying what happened with that incident, but, that bit aside, when while alive did the Plutonian do anything on a multiversal scale?
    Last edited by Pendaran; 10-20-2020 at 06:28 PM.

  3. #18
    Give me your SOUL! The Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Darkest recesses of my mind
    Posts
    3,189

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    Well, beaten to clarifying what happened with that incident, but, that bit aside, when while alive did the Plutonian do anything on a multiversal scale?
    Went back to check the end of the comic, and there's nothing remotely multiversal. At best, he has maybe mild planet-level reality warping at the very end, mostly things like being able to make himself intangible at will (Manipulating Atomic Density), cause large-scale explosions with a snap of his fingers from a distance (Exploiting Quantum Entanglement), and nullifying fundamental forces at a scale he's able to negate inertia and stop the moon from spinning through sheer will (Inertia Negation).

    He defeats Invincible easily, but he doesn't have anything remotely on a multiversal scale.

    His parents, who far outstrip him in power, don't show anything on a multiversal scale. And Tony was killed by radiation that they were completely immune to. The only reason they stayed in their prison was they didn't want to cause omnicide on a planetary scale by causing the radiation to be released as a result of their leaving the prison.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

  4. #19
    Extraordinary Member Cody's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,007

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    No, I just checked.

    https://comicvine1.cbsistatic.com/up...irr_35_020.jpg
    https://comicvine1.cbsistatic.com/up...4199-39005.jpg

    "For every blow you force me to land, an entire star system dies." We see a star go out as the villain monologues about it. What is your argument? That that was the only star that got drained? Because the villain in question uses pretty precise language and the camera is being kept on the action.
    I wasn't making an argument, I assumed I was correcting someone but it looks like I was mistaken. It's been a while since I read it, and I didn't like it. At all. So the details in some things are going to be murky for me.

    So what strength would this be? Like, is each punch at least outputting enough offensive power to obliterate the earth a million times over? Would he/she be more of a solar system buster? Multi?

    For that matter, what would that make Plutonian? I mean somewhere below that is a given considering he was beat down, but his physical capabilities at this point have to be even above Rebirth Superman at that point, right?
    Last edited by Cody; 10-22-2020 at 11:32 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Physically grabbing an released Black Hole to stop it is like throwing a sandwich at Galactus to stop him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    I stand by my belief of Toriyama seeing a certain match online and going "Oh Yeah?!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    Every time you say the name of some kind of nonsense martial art, an angel gets its wings, and Val Armorr learns the martial art, retroactively founds it, then super karates the angel unconscious with it.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

  5. #20
    Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,537

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    I wasn't making an argument, I assumed I was correcting someone but it looks like I was mistaken. It's been a while since I read it, and I didn't like it. At all. So the details in some things are going to be murky for me.
    Fair enough. I didn't love it either.
    So what strength would this be? Like, is each punch at least outputting enough offensive power to obliterate the earth a million times over? Would he/she be more of a solar system buster? Multi?
    If you feel the need to attach a buster to it, solar system seems fair. A star going nova generally takes its solar system with it, and this seems to a similar "totality of a star's energy," only being concentrated into a punch instead of a massive explosion.

    For that matter, what would that make Plutonian? I mean somewhere below that is a given considering he was beat down, but his physical capabilities at this point have to be even above Rebirth Superman at that point, right?
    Well for durability, certainly. But from what I recall he was still only learning how to really use his powers at the end of the series, as I recall. If he can subconsciously make himself able to withstand that kind of damage, it doesn't necessarily mean he can output that level of damage. Stopping the moon moving is great, but it doesn't seem better than planet benching or catching a runaway planet and such. (Based on my limited understanding of astronomy, anyway.)
    Last edited by Captain Morgan; 10-23-2020 at 05:15 AM.

  6. #21
    The Undead One The Chou Lives's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,187

    Default

    Okay got it. Got it. I said that as his juju went to different university verses and spawned supermen typeset. But yeah I noted he was not actively altering multi universes, so a misleading statement.

    But yeah splutinian tier wise at maximum competence is like Superman + Dr Manhattan

  7. #22
    Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,537

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    Okay got it. Got it. I said that as his juju went to different university verses and spawned supermen typeset. But yeah I noted he was not actively altering multi universes, so a misleading statement.

    But yeah splutinian tier wise at maximum competence is like Superman + Dr Manhattan
    I dunno, maybe if you only look at Watchmen for Doc maybe. In the recent DC stuff he's restructuring timelines. And getting attacked by every hero on DC Earth at the same time and taking them apart. Dude's pretty up there now.

    Watchmen alone, though, that probably holds up. Both Jon and Tony are theoretically a lot more powerful than their actual feats.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •