Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Default The God Watch: Excluding Asgardians and Greek/Roman Gods, Who Is Your Favorite?

Simple question, but please see the below rules before responding. Outside of Asgardians and the Greco-Roman deities, who is your favorite god?

The Rules:

1. Can't be a member of the Asgardian/Norse or Greek/Roman pantheon of gods. (Yes, I had to reiterate, just in case.)

2. Must be a hero, or a someone that is portrayed more often than not in a heroic light.

3. Can't be a Cosmic Abstract entity. (Sorry, Master Order fans. That goes double for Mistress Death fans.)

4. Cannot be an Artificial Intelligence-based being, or an inanimate object.

Ready? Set? Go!!!

Astonishing Member

Has to be Anansi I guess.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Simple question, but please see the below rules before responding. Outside of Asgardians and the Greco-Roman deities, who is your favorite god?

The Rules:

1. Can't be a member of the Asgardian/Norse or Greek/Roman pantheon of gods. (Yes, I had to reiterate, just in case.)

2. Must be a hero, or a someone that is portrayed more often than not in a heroic light.

3. Can't be a Cosmic Abstract entity. (Sorry, Master Order fans. That goes double for Mistress Death fans.)

4. Cannot be an Artificial Intelligence-based being, or an inanimate object.

Ready? Set? Go!!!
    Well, foo. You even said 'Set' in your post, but he's not usually 'portrayed in a heroic light,' even if he used to stand on the sun-barque, spear in hand, defending the sun against the daily attacks by Apep.

Ah well, I'm also a big fan of Ptah, 'Opener of the Ways,' an Egyptian god who seems like the sort of god who would, in a post-Stargate universe, totally be the god of stargates.

Generally, I'm more of a fan of less-nice gods. Set, Sobek, Camazotz, Chernabog, Kali. That and archer gods (Apollo, Artemis, Skadi, Neith, Rudra, etc.)

Waiting for Storm fans to discover this thread.lol.

As a kid I thought Red-Wolf, and by extension Owayadata were pretty cool.

BANNED

WW! A true "click-bait" thread...
    Last edited by Micabe; 10-17-2020 at 05:30 PM.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    Has to be Anansi I guess.
    Anansi is good, yeah. We could use more of him, and I'd also like to see him interact with Bast.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    I'm shocked that no one has mentioned Snowbird yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    WW! A true "click-bait" thread...
    Never click-bait, but definitely going fishing here. I love reading everyone's suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    As a kid I thought Red-Wolf, and by extension Owayadata were pretty cool.

Owayadata is a good one!

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Well, foo. You even said 'Set' in your post, but he's not usually 'portrayed in a heroic light,' even if he used to stand on the sun-barque, spear in hand, defending the sun against the daily attacks by Apep.

Ah well, I'm also a big fan of Ptah, 'Opener of the Ways,' an Egyptian god who seems like the sort of god who would, in a post-Stargate universe, totally be the god of stargates.

Generally, I'm more of a fan of less-nice gods. Set, Sobek, Camazotz, Chernabog, Kali. That and archer gods (Apollo, Artemis, Skadi, Neith, Rudra, etc.)
    The Serpent Crown thing sort of eliminates Set, even if in some of the myths Set's motivations can sometimes be viewed as a deity simply fulfilling his purpose/function.

I'm a big fan of archer gods as well. Apollo and Artemis were my favorites as children -- mostly because I viewed them as Zeus' bad ass bastard children who would jack you up in a heartbeat if you talked crap about their mother -- but for the purposes of this thread, the two are excluded.

Owayadata is a good one!
    Ty, so is...

I'm shocked that no one has mentioned Snowbird yet.
    ...can’t believe I blanked on her!

the african pantheon needs to be more prominent. Someone also needs to be a "direct" hero as opposed to having an avatar (e.g. Bast with the Black Panther/Shuri)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    the african pantheon needs to be more prominent. Someone also needs to be a "direct" hero as opposed to having an avatar (e.g. Bast with the Black Panther/Shuri)
    That would honestly cause more problems than it would solve.

Niffleheim

JudicatorPrime i don't like that i'm being denied Mistress Death but i will give this a little more thought because i don't i know of any deity or god other than the Asgardians and Olympians we already know

Edit After reading some posts all i can say is Unfortunately i'm woefully unknowledgeable generally on god pantheons

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    I'm one and I don't consider Storm a deity or a Goddess.
    Last edited by Tofali; 10-18-2020 at 07:10 PM.