Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
lol this may be the case he does well enough with small children like Luna or Anya or adolescents like the new mutants and Billy or Tommy but bring him his adolescent children or young adult children and he just doesn´t know what to do, I headcanon he didn´t had much of an adolescence he went from childhood to adulthood quite quickly and he expects his children to be the sameway add to this his life was not normal by any means and just like most parents he´s way more easy on his grandchildren. The emotional distance is what makes him a better mentor than parent.

Exactly the main difference is that molecule man main power is manipulation of matter at a subatomic level while magneto can do something similar with electromagnetic fields but it´s way harder for him to do it and his body and mind can take a beating over it so he usually uses his powers on certain levels unless he has a need to use them in a bigger scale like when he fought the Beyonder, Proteus or Phoenix Jean.

I think this is a good thing all powerful characters can get boring quickly in comics because there´s no tension to build around them and I like that magneto´s powers at least has some basic scientific explanation.
No you misunderstand he clearly IS NOT using em fields for his powers cause em fields don’t work that way. What he is doing is manipulating gravity at a microscopic level. Technically he should not be limited to metal at all. His powers don’t have anything to do magnetism. He probably needs a bit of a revamp cause his powers seem kinda silly IMO