BANNED

Default In 7 days, you will...acquire the power of Dr. Manhattan.

So you decide to join an Onlyf*ns stream out of sheer boredom. But it doesn't turn out the way you expect. Instead, a tall, buxom blonde in an epic mansion with golden light streaming in through the windows keeps ranting on for hours, sometimes incoherently. Thinking that the internet will protect you, you drop a particularly nasty comment.

Almost immediately, the doorbell rings. Thinking that its your Ama*on order, you go downstairs. Only to find its the same blonde who you were looking at moments ago with a shovel in her hands. Which she hits you in the head so hard with, your house explodes behind you.

You wake up in the ICU several days later, with not just doctors and nurses attending you, but theoretical physicists and other particle mechanics people from CERN poking and prodding your body. One of them, you recognize, and ask him what's going on(after all, he is a famous TV personality and string theorist...)

"Well," he answers, "as far as we can tell, in a few days time, you will have the powers of Dr. Manhattan. And we don't know how it happened because it isn't physically possible! The bad news is that when it happens? You'll die."

Your first night awake sucks. After all, M*chio K*ku just told you that you're well, going to die. "The Superman will become real," he said, "and he will be American." Out of the corner of your eye you spot movement in your room. Its the blonde, and her shovel. You scream at her for answers for all you're worth, but only whispers come out. Apparently your larynx is in the process of phase change. But she knows, somehow, what you want to know. And her answer is...

"Darkness beyond blackest pitch, deeper then the deepest night, the source of all Chaos."

Being the fiction junkie you are, it clicked in your head minutes ago(actually, you're just beginning to perceive time differently...) Contact with a part of the Lord of Nightmares, has given you the power of Dr. Manhattan. COMPOSITE VERSION! But before that, you will die.

The blonde is gone now, but every quantum entangled particle in existence tells you that if she wanted, you wouldn't exist right now. Wait, you just asked every quantum pair of particles in the universe what would happen if you made the Golden Lord even madder!?

The clock ticks over. Six days from now, the Superman will come into being, and he will be American. And you will be him. BUT. Unlike the comics, you are already aware that a being exists that will far, far outstrip you in power even at your absolute peaks.

So. What's your plan?
    Last edited by T51R; 10-18-2020 at 05:03 AM.

Plan? There's no need for a plan. I am already either defeating this foe or being defeated by it. I am simultaneously experiencing this victory or death, and all the events that follow, even if those events are simple oblivion. If I am winning at that point in time, I am also at the points after that victory, posting about how I won. There is no need to post it here, as it already exists at that "future" point.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Not American and also don't use Amazon.

I'm not sure I follow what's happening. I'm get Manhattan's powers and then instantly die? Is that the thing?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post

I'm not sure I follow what's happening. I'm get Manhattan's powers and then instantly die? Is that the thing?
    No you first die, your body will explode, and then you will re-form the same way:

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Ah, okay.

Well, I'm slightly terrified of the idea of losing my empathy for humanity so I guess I have to work quickly before that really sets in. I will make liberal use of Manhattan's ability to exist in multiple bodies and places at the same time to get stuff done.

First, try and solve the energy crisis would be my first thing. Perfect nuclear fusion, make it open source and available to everyone. Distribute it personally to every country on the planet and manifest multiple versions of myself so I can assist every country on earth in upgrading their infrastructure, switching over their power to green renewable energy.

Then probably do some work on seeing if I can transmute levels of CO2 out of the atmosphere to reverse climate change as much as possible. Rebuild the ice caps and glaciers, that sort of thing. I should be able to transmute CO2 into H2O and then adjust its temperature to make new permafrost.

Next, obliterate every nuclear weapon on the face of the earth and make a point of destroying any developments for nuclear weaponry I catch wind off.

Then work on uplifting all societies that need it out of poverty using my powers to construct housing wherever needed, sorting out food and relief stuff so societies can build. This would go hand in hand with the infrastructure uplift described before. Work on just eliminating homelessness and poverty as concepts within human society. War is a tricky one but stability and prosperity tend to be good antidotes for that. In the interim, I can just teleport armies back to where they came from until they get bored.

From there, probably start murdering billionaires if I think I can get away with it without too much blowback. Teleport Bezos and his ilk into the Sun, try and figure out a way to get their companies broken up and their assets forced back into the hands of the people. Oh yeah, violently explode any Nazis I come across.

Long term, start to terraform Mars for human habitation, start populating it with any refugees whom I can't solve the issues of their home societies on earth. This would be an enterprise outside of the control of any government. We won't be doing a capitalism on that world.

Yeah, that sort of thing. Environmental emergency surgery, global uplift program, throw Bezos and other billionaires into the Sun. That's the main notes.
    Last edited by Nik Hasta; 10-18-2020 at 08:04 AM.

Composite, huh?

...haven't checked out any Watchmen media outside of the original graphic novel and the movie.

Being trapped by prescience and an insight that reduces all life to its most granular, atomic level, I'm not entirely sure how much of my own intention really goes into this since ultimately it would appear from that POV all rather petty and insignificant in the long run.

Whelp, off to Mars we go!

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post

Part of Dr. Manhattan's powers include being America. You're just going to have to get used to it.

Rather than screw around with reality, I'd just find a comfortable place, pop on something entertaining, and chill out.

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

I keep my baggy red pants handy. Enough people complain about me impaling people with my 12 foot "sword" as it is. Definitely don't need to add to their issues.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by T51R View Post
    So you decide to join an Onlyf*ns stream ou -
    Right there is where I realized this entire situation would never come to pass.

^_^
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

: Laughes. Just, laughes.:

The point is with the Dr. he does have Empsthy, he just sees no point on it. It was Laurie who connected with him to go back, so it’s possible to care.

The issue is dude was a physicists before powers, that’s just how he saw the world.

Me? Me and my brain damaged ass already sees the world in slo no to the point it makes me irradiance and can swat a fly like a damned ninja frog.

As for what I do with my powers? Attempt to save the world and make it a better place. Make energy better, trans mutate pollination/ wastes to better things, patch up the ozone layer, alter the excess co2 we got right now

Then take the love of my life with me and just **** off and be left alone. I would not fear **** around with her biology as it may perms kill her, but try to rig up something to cure her bad back ( worked very hard before meeting me.)

And well yeah probably retire someone and have my dream home. A ranch, animals and stuff. No longer bother to write and just be myself.

And if anyone e attempts to push me or my loved ones I will end them. Badly. But not going to police the world. Just help fix problems. The politics and society stuff is for people to decide, not my job.