Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default King in Back tie-ins

There are 20 or 25 tie-ins.Im just getting the main title and the books that im currently buying

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fin5 View Post
    There are 20 or 25 tie-ins.Im just getting the main title and the books that im currently buying
    I'm still debating on getting the main title. But I will definitely be getting Cantwell's King in Black tie in with Iron Man, Doctor and Santa Claus.

20-25? Are you sure? Maybe in the whole event but certainly not in a single month. Regardless. I think I will be skipping some like the Iron Man & Doom one. But others, like the Immortal Hulk one, the Sword one, Planet of the Symbiotes and Daredevil are musts for me.

Also, these may be some of the best things Marvel has done with Tie-ins. Because they are giving writers the opportunity to continue the stories of characters whose books were cancelled due to Covid, including the original writers and all. Like it's the case with Scream, Jane Foster, Ghost-Spider, etc.

Incredible Member

Whatever the number of tie-ins for it are just pick up what interests you and don't buy what you don't want.....Never really understood why some people obsess over how many tie-ins event books have.

I always just buy the main book. If the other titles I'm reading get tied-in, great(hopefully). Otherwise I don't go out of my way to buy any unless something really catches my eye.

It's more of an annoyance when it's a line wide crossover like the X-Men generally do. I don't want to have to buy books I don't care to read, with characters I'm not interested in, and art or writing that doesn't appeal to me to get the whole story. I'd buy the books if any of those factors were different.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

I imagine Venom is the only tie in needed, and possibly Thor seeing Cates is writing that.

Black Knight by Spurrier is interesting.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

I'd have to imagine Venom is essential. I can see Thor mattering too.

Daredevil is oddly tying into this, so I'll be aware of the event, but I'm hoping I can get by without reading it because I haven't caught up with Venom on Marvel Unlimited.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

I’ll just be getting the main book and the Iron Man/Doom tie in.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by JTHM View Post
    Also, these may be some of the best things Marvel has done with Tie-ins. Because they are giving writers the opportunity to continue the stories of characters whose books were cancelled due to Covid, including the original writers and all. Like it's the case with Scream, Jane Foster, Ghost-Spider, etc.
    Black Cat as well.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 10-19-2020 at 01:57 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Fantastic Member

I'll keep an eye on spoilers for the Valkyrie mini as The Sentry is in it. Curious to see how my favourite character gets **** on this time.

Spider-Woman is getting a tie in as well.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    Black Knight by Spurrier is interesting.
    Gonna get it!

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Thanks for sharing.
    The spider is always on the hunt.