Spectacular Member CaptainLiberty76's Avatar

Default John Buscema Artwork Stolen

Front page article on CBR. Terrible thing to happen to the family of the greatest artist of comics ever. Unfortunately CBR made an error, the art in the banner is from brother, Sal, not John. Folks at CBR ought to know better. Hopefully things will work out for the family. Excelsior!

Being something of an amateur artist myself I was strongly influenced by Big John's art. To see that someone would steal 45 pieces of his work is beyond despicable. I'm hoping for a quick resolution to this theft. Thoughts with the family. Excelsior!

Takes a real scumbag to pull a stunt like this. I hope the art can be recovered and returned to his family.

Thank you CBR for changing up the banner art on the front page. Seems a lot of folks get the Buscema brothers art styles mixed up; you are not the first. Although i really don't understand it, their styles are so unique to each of them. John was my favorite artist, but Sal had a style that was as incredible and amazing as well. both of them put out a prodigious amount of work in the 70's and 80's. I hope the thief is arrested and i hope the family can recover from this invasion of their home and property. please keep us apprised of the situation, CBR. Excelsior!