Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by comicboy12 View Post
    alternate dimensions or time travel
    I'm with you on time travel, but when it comes to alternate dimensions, I disagree.

I wouldn't mind seeing Marvel refresh the concept of an ultimate Earth-type alternate universe, only populated solely by alternate reality C-listers and below -- and new acquisitions as well -- who otherwise don't get much spotlight on 616. No Avengers, no FF, no Spider-Man, no Hulk, etc. And no Asgardians or mutants either. When the Celestials came to this alternate Earth, they didn't experiment on the fauna or proto-mankind. Instead, the Celestials experimented on the land, the air, the atmosphere, the core and magnetic poles, the water and the flora. Superhuman abilities were derived over time through exposure or consumption of one of those elements. Most of the Gods didn't take too well to the Celestials interfering in their domain and warred against them. It was a short fight. All of the arrogant gods were destroyed with their collective life forces dispersed throughout this alternate universe. All magic in this universe is attributed to those godly energies that permeate pretty much every corner of this dimension. Thus the stage is set. You have a fresh Earth, with a logical explanation for all manner of powers, and alternate Earth C - Z listers to exalt under Marvel's banner. What writer wouldn't want that challenge?
    Last edited by JudicatorPrime; 10-20-2020 at 08:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey5640 View Post
    6. Immortal Hulk ending....
    Sorry, but that's already confirmed. Ends at issue 50 I think.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Sorry, but that's already confirmed. Ends at issue 50 I think.
    Yes, I am aware but I can still dream can't I?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    I wouldn't mind seeing Marvel refresh the concept of an ultimate Earth-type alternate universe, only populated solely by alternate reality C-listers and below -- and new acquisitions as well -- who otherwise don't get much spotlight on 616. No Avengers, no FF, no Spider-Man, no Hulk, etc. And no Asgardians or mutants either. When the Celestials came to this alternate Earth, they didn't experiment on the fauna or proto-mankind. Instead, the Celestials experimented on the land, the air, the atmosphere, the core and magnetic poles, the water and the flora. Superhuman abilities were derived over time through exposure or consumption of one of those elements. Most of the Gods didn't take too well to the Celestials interfering in their domain and warred against them. It was a short fight. All of the arrogant gods were destroyed with their collective life forces dispersed throughout this alternate universe. All magic in this universe is attributed to those godly energies that permeate pretty much every corner of this dimension. Thus the stage is set. You have a fresh Earth, with a logical explanation for all manner of powers, and alternate Earth C - Z listers to exalt under Marvel's banner. What writer wouldn't want that challenge?
    While I don't love the specifics (I don't really think that an alternate universe needs a *reason* for their not to be a Spider-Man or Hulk or for the Asgardian / Olympian pantheons to be less involved), I do love the idea of a world where the writers sit down and look at relatively popular characters that simply get less screentime and have them take on the role of founding members and core characters.

So the Avengers of this Earth wouldn't have Cap, Tony or Thor, but might have Wonder Man and Monica Rambeau as two of their 'top tier' members.

Doctor Druid's the Sorcerer Supreme. And he's still kind of a dick, but he's dealing with Dormammu and Shuma-Gorath and Nightmare, and nobody even knows about it, let alone appreciates it, so he comes by it honestly.

That'd be way cooler, IMO, than yet another variation of Tony, Thor and Cap. 'Cause unless Kulan Gath or Morgana le Fay casts a spell and they're all medieval, AU versions of them bore me.

a take on Q anon. just let those loons be.

Astonishing Member

Cannon fodder

Expendable alternate universes

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    “Sci-Fi” heroes like Iron Man and Spider-Man should be able to fight magical enemies without it seeming weird.

The same goes with Daredevil fighting sci-fi enemies.

Don’t limit the characters when the world itself is unlimited.
    I can see the logic behind writers focusing on type of genre for their characters even in a shared universe. Superheroes generally share a lot of tropes and plot ideas in common so you need some way to have them stand out. If Spider-Man frequently deals with demons and sorcerers, what's the point of Dr Strange?

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    I agree with this, especially since by now pretty much everyone in the Marvel Universe has dealt with mystical forces.

The really alarming part is that these uber-wealthy super geniuses run around all of the time without any magical defenses. Even a medieval cobbler has the common sense to invest in magical talismans and wards for protection. Someone like Tony Stark or Adam Brashear should have at least one anti-magic device in an adjacent vault to their technological doohickeys. But I guess Marvel wants us to continue to believe that they don't believe in magic as learned, well reasoned men of inquiry, despite their experiences. Right, yeah, not buying it.
    As for this, it's not too different from how Spider-Man not having sonic devices all the time to deal with symbiotes. You can handwave Adam and Tony as them just having blind spots when it comes to magic. They're intelligent, no doubt, but they aren't perfect.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 10-21-2020 at 08:23 AM.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

People complaining about comicbooks they don't actually read. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    Heroes working with "villains": it's annoying when supposedly heroic people would turn to villains like Kingpin and Dr. Doom for help despite being far less trustworthy than even regular people.
    I generally don't like it when it's one of the hero's archenemies because if the hero and the arch enemy need to team-up to take on some bigger threat, the arch enemy has essentially been replaced by a bigger threat.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Fantastic Member

Nova Corps being rebuilt and destroyed, have them be a powerful force for once with various members in various empires, but more so a few more on Earth

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    I generally don't like it when it's one of the hero's archenemies because if the hero and the arch enemy need to team-up to take on some bigger threat, the arch enemy has essentially been replaced by a bigger threat.
    Not really replaced. Stories like that only happen once in a blue moon and it isn't unheard for the larger threat to just vanish after the story is done.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Not really replaced. Stories like that only happen once in a blue moon and it isn't unheard for the larger threat to just vanish after the story is done.
    I see where you're coming from, but I still think this generally doesn't reflect terribly well on the archenemy.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

I hope they finally do away with the cover lie. If a character is not in the actual book. Then don’t put them on the frigging cover. Simple.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 10-21-2020 at 02:34 PM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Jason Aaron ever touching Moon Knight, his recent Age of Khonshu was just a joke. Bad fanfic.
    A Black Widow story about the Red Room
    Stopping a book at 'x' number only to restart it with the same creative team...just stop, STOP THAT! Especially if that number is sub-20 issues(looking at you Black Cat)
    Death of a character for "Shock Value", that is so last century. We readers are jaded and know they are coming back, no purpose served.
    I'll add Variant Covers but at this point realize there is a whole niche group of people willing to spend $100 for some 1:100 variant to bag/board/store and never look at again. It messes with LCS orders and gives fake readership appearances.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HipHopAvenger View Post
    Nova Corps being rebuilt and destroyed, have them be a powerful force for once with various members in various empires, but more so a few more on Earth
    I'm on the other side of that notion. I'm in favor of Richard Rider being the only remaining Nova. Ditch the rest.

But I would sign off on a large, powerful Quantum Band corps of universal protectors in a heartbeat. I prefer bracelets over helmets, especially since the latter detracts from the character's individuality. If Epoch isn't around to reintroduce the protectors, create a new character that will guide the group over the next 1,000 millennia.