Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HipHopAvenger View Post
    To stop branding unofficial Avengers teams under the Avengers banner if they’re not gonna be official teams or members looking at you: A-Force, Ultimates, Occupy Avengers, West Coast Avengers, New Avengers/US Avengers, Savage Avengers, etc...
    The original West Coast Avengers team was an official Avengers team. If that is the version your talking about then it is just wrong. Plus that team was made up originally of all former or current at the time members of the main team.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    The original West Coast Avengers team was an official Avengers team. If that is the version your talking about then it is just wrong. Plus that team was made up originally of all former or current at the time members of the main team.
    They were talking about the most recent iteration led by Kate Bishop.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Jobber Thor

Astonishing Member

Stop just “using superhero team names” as though they’re interchangeable.

I hate how “Agents of Atlas” only has one member that was originally from Atlas Comics now.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    They were talking about the most recent iteration led by Kate Bishop.
    I had completely blocked that mess out of my memory.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

It would be nice if no one dies in 2021. I'm sick of death.

Mighty Member

UltronPym

That's idea is too lazy and terrible.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post
    UltronPym

That's idea is too lazy and terrible.
    Evil counterparts as a whole are pretty lazy. I'm disappointed that the Power Rangers comics are copying that.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    Evil counterparts as a whole are pretty lazy. I'm disappointed that the Power Rangers comics are copying that.
    The sad thing is that done well, evil counterparts actually can say a lot --- for better or worse --- about the heroes they parallel. It's just a shame that a lot of the time, they seem to stick to mere surface-level parallels in terms of looks and/or abilities as opposed to delving deep (or deeper) into the characterizations, backstories, motivations, and personalities of both.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    The sad thing is that done well, evil counterparts actually can say a lot --- for better or worse --- about the heroes they parallel. It's just a shame that a lot of the time, they seem to stick to mere surface-level parallels in terms of looks and/or abilities as opposed to delving deep (or deeper) into the characterizations, backstories, motivations, and personalities of both.
    Naturally, but think about how many plots nowadays are just "X has acquired Y" or "Z was taken to the dark side".

It's why we're bored with so many Spiders and Hulks and Thor. They're just clickbait at this point.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Marvel characters are often imperfect beings capable of showing both their good and bad sides, sometimes within the space of a panel or two. Evil alts are just easy vehicles for writers to expound on the extreme. I suspect they derive some type of dark, twisted pleasure from showing just how evil a hero can be. In some stories I'm perfectly fine with an evil alt. But in most stories, yeah, skip it. I'd rather not see an evil alt.

You mean copying it from Marvel? If so, they're more copying it from the show which has evil counterpart Rangers as early as the first season of Mighty Morphin.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    You mean copying it from Marvel? If so, they're more copying it from the show which has evil counterpart Rangers as early as the first season of Mighty Morphin.
    Not to mention the Psycho Rangers.

Or over at DC- Bizarro.

Or Buffy Vampire Slayer with evil Willow.

Or Savage Dragon-see Emperor Dragon storyline. Since that is how Malcolm has taken over.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I’m mostly complaining about how it’s become a plot tumor along with shady government agencies and multidimensional crises.

(That being said, it could’ve easily come from DC or any other mainstream comics as well.)

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

I’m mostly complaining about how it’s become a plot tumor along with shady government agencies and multidimensional crises.

(That being said, it could’ve easily come from DC or any other mainstream comics as well.)
    Funny enough, Power Rangers does actually have its own "shady government agency" in the form of Alphabet Soup (probably a riff on shady government agencies in other media) from the RPM season/universe, which raised child geniuses in captivity by tricking them into thinking they had a condition that rendered their skin extremely, possibly fatally, photosensitive and forcing them to design and build weapons. In fact, Alphabet Soup's outright abuse and exploitation of those children is the main reason most of human civilization gets wiped out by the time of the first episode of RPM, and as for "multidimensional crises" . . . see Shattered Grid.
    The spider is always on the hunt.