Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Galactus as part of some triad with Death and Eternity seems off to me. The Hindu Trimuti of Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva would see the most likely parallel, with a Creator, an Architect/Preserver and a Destroyer, having both Galactus *and* Death as part of a trinity structure just doesn't flow for me. Too unbalanced towards 'destruction' and not enough 'creation.' The Living Tribunal, IMO, would fit better, with Galactus just being one of those rando cosmic entities like the Stranger, the In-Betweener, the Shaper of Worlds, Lord Chaos and Master Order, etc. off doing their own things and not part of some cosmic trinity.

Eternity, as both creator and created, would fit the slot of Brahma, the Living Tribunal (using the Celestials as his 'angels?') could take on Vishnu's role as the architect / preserver who keeps the gears turning, and Death could fit the Shiva/Destroyer slot of getting rid of stuff that's past it's shelf life to make room for new life and growth and change (although Galactus could very well be an agent of destruction, advancing the agenda of Death, whether wittingly or not).

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Characters sitting around eating. Find a more interesting way to do characterization/info dumps

Plants!
    What do you mean "plants"?

The villains in Empyre, the Cotati, are plants.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

"Old Man" anybody.

"X-Men vs <insert hero team/group here>".

I always favored the view that Galactus was meant to be the spark that started the next universe after this one ended, and therefore it was vital that he survive until then.

Astonishing Member

Kind of unnerved by some of the "do not wants" that are in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    People complaining about comicbooks they don't actually read. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    This should be a given of things that should not be wanted to happen in 2021. Or in general.

Quote Originally Posted by a moment closer View Post
    I wish Coates or Ewing would write a bad-ass ongoing. Blue Marvel disserves a solo! Hell, a 12-issue Maxi-series, a-la Marvel Knights, would be better than what we're getting. I'd even be ok with another Ultimates run.
    Would love this. The Brashear family as a whole needs to be elevated, quite frankly.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Yeah, I've never understood how a guy who destroys planets to sustain himself is essential to the universe. Galactus needs the universe far more than it needs him.
    I miss Lifegiver/Lifebringer Galactus so much.
    Last edited by J. D. Guy; 10-26-2020 at 12:42 PM.

Fantastic Member

To stop branding unofficial Avengers teams under the Avengers banner if they’re not gonna be official teams or members looking at you: A-Force, Ultimates, Occupy Avengers, West Coast Avengers, New Avengers/US Avengers, Savage Avengers, etc...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by HipHopAvenger View Post
    To stop branding unofficial Avengers teams under the Avengers banner if they’re not gonna be official teams or members looking at you: A-Force, Ultimates, Occupy Avengers, West Coast Avengers, New Avengers/US Avengers, Savage Avengers, etc...
    I thought New Avengers/US Avengers were offical.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    I thought New Avengers/US Avengers were offical.
    In the Empyre: Handbook they described them as unsanctioned and unofficial teams

Events and crossovers.

Quote Originally Posted by HipHopAvenger View Post
    In the Empyre: Handbook they described them as unsanctioned and unofficial teams
    No they didn't. Occupy, A-Force, Savage and West Coast, yes, but not those two.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    No they didn't. Occupy, A-Force, Savage and West Coast, yes, but not those two.
    It called his takeover of AIM into Avengers Idea Mechanics unofficial, also his post-Secret Wars team unsanctioned, and his rebranding not recognized by Avengers proper. In the second paragraph of the first two images and the 2nd to last of the last image

Last edited by Conn Seanery; 10-28-2020 at 06:17 PM.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Since I just commented about it in her appreciation thread, add "skinny to average frame standard template" Monica Rambeau to my list of things I don't want to see in 2021... or ever again. Most of the time you could swap her frame with Storm, Invisible Woman, Rogue, Jean Grey, Moon Dragon, Elektra, Snowbird, Psylocke, Gamora and countless other women and you wouldn't be able to tell the difference. That's a little like drawing Serena Williams' figure like she's Maria Sharapova. Bring back individuality, artistically speaking.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Since I just commented about it in her appreciation thread, add "skinny to average frame standard template" Monica Rambeau to my list of things I don't want to see in 2021... or ever again. Most of the time you could swap her frame with Storm, Invisible Woman, Rogue, Jean Grey, Moon Dragon, Elektra, Snowbird, Psylocke, Gamora and countless other women and you wouldn't be able to tell the difference. That's a little like drawing Serena Williams' figure like she's Maria Sharapova. Bring back individuality, artistically speaking.
    Yeah, that's actually a good point there.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Death of a superhero, cause we know these things don't stick, especially for a character that is either big in publication or has a big role in the MCU.

MCU elements injected into the comics, these feel out of nowhere and unnecessary, and in some cases they make characters lesser versions of themselves.

Annoying legacy characters.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage