Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Stories about viruses and contagions, it's too soon.
    Or too late....
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Or too late....
    Depending on your point of view as most truths do, or so a great Jedi once told me.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Thanos.
    Wimpy Black Panther.
    Tony Stark's fake mom. Everybody dumping on Tony.
    Unworthy Thor.
    The country doubting Captain America. Again.
    More registration acts(Outlawed? C'mon man!)
    Every human hates mutants. Every human?
    Morally ambiguous heroes.
    $5.99, $6.99, $7.99, $8.99 or $9.99 comic books. Incoming and ASM #850. You have got to be kidding.
    I can definitely agree on comics being overstuffed and overpriced. However, I'll say on the subject of morally ambiguous heroes that while such characters have their place in the grand tapestry of the superhero genre, it definitely loses something when either (almost) every hero is at best morally ambiguous, at worst just barely any better than the villains they fight, or that's still the case, but nobody in-universe actually acknowledges or addresses that a lot of those "heroes" are barely removed from just being prosocial (as opposed to antisocial) villains. I also agree that having every individual human in the 'verse at best indifferent to mutants' suffering and at worst hating mutants to the point of being ok with, supporting, or actively partaking in genocide against them is a bit too much, as it makes Magneto's argument for subjugating and/or exterminating them all in his more explicitly villainous modes a lot harder to logically (and morally) refute. On the subject of Captain America's relationship with the country he represents and embodies, as he (usually) embodies the best of what that country can and should be, I think it shouldn't so much be the people that doubt him as the government that fears he cannot be controlled or manipulated into morally dubious actions in the name of "patriotism." The same with registration acts on the whole; that should primarily be the result of the government wanting to control superheroes (or superpowered people in general) and render them compliant with the more dubious actions or agendas of the state. The rest . . . I'll just generally say, let those characters be at their best.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Depending on your point of view as most truths do, or so a great Jedi once told me.
    Cut that out
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Another year of admitting that Blue Marvel isn't fit to carry Green Lantern John Stewart's jock.

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    Genre exclusivity
    What do you mean?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    What do you mean?
    “Sci-Fi” heroes like Iron Man and Spider-Man should be able to fight magical enemies without it seeming weird.

The same goes with Daredevil fighting sci-fi enemies.

Don’t limit the characters when the world itself is unlimited.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

“Sci-Fi” heroes like Iron Man and Spider-Man should be able to fight magical enemies without it seeming weird.

I agree with this, especially since by now pretty much everyone in the Marvel Universe has dealt with mystical forces.

The really alarming part is that these uber-wealthy super geniuses run around all of the time without any magical defenses. Even a medieval cobbler has the common sense to invest in magical talismans and wards for protection. Someone like Tony Stark or Adam Brashear should have at least one anti-magic device in an adjacent vault to their technological doohickeys. But I guess Marvel wants us to continue to believe that they don't believe in magic as learned, well reasoned men of inquiry, despite their experiences. Right, yeah, not buying it.

Astonishing Member

I generally don't like it when DD strays too far from crime/ninja-type stories. About as sci-fi as I like him to get is Stilt Man, TBH.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

-Event comics

-Event comics every month with multiple happening at the same time.

-Storylines in books being halted to tie-in to event comics.

-Having to read event comics to understand what is happening in a non-event comic book I am reading.

All of these are unlikely and are the reason I am no longer reading Marvel comics monthly.
    Last edited by KC; 10-20-2020 at 01:16 PM.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    The bolded, particularly. The first because there's no coming back from humans and mutants waging all-out war on each other, no matter which side starts it, not if it means nonmutant superheroes siding against their erstwhile mutant allies in the name of protecting humanity and the X-Men at this point likely defending their eternally embattled fellow mutants from humanity and against their former comrades in the wider superhero community, which would doubtlessly be interpreted as unforgivable betrayal on both sides of the fence. I don't see how that chasm ever closes again, especially if or when innocents among humans and mutants alike end up as casualties. The second is simply because in this day and age, we really ought to be doing better.
    Yep. Hopefully Hickman sees that this'd be the laziest, least interesting way to have mutants in conflict with humanity.
    Coming this Summer: WORLD WAR X

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

[Edit: nah, even with tags that's too spoilery
    Last edited by gonnagiveittoya; 10-20-2020 at 02:10 PM. Reason: Nvm

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

It's actually quite fun to see the likes of Iron Man and Spider-Man (and even Daredevil, to a somewhat lesser extent) thrown out of their depth. Done well, it can show us readers and fans the real mettle of those heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Yep. Hopefully Hickman sees that this'd be the laziest, least interesting way to have mutants in conflict with humanity.
    Coming this Summer: WORLD WAR X
    Yeah, I'd agree with that.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

Heroes working with "villains": it's annoying when supposedly heroic people would turn to villains like Kingpin and Dr. Doom for help despite being far less trustworthy than even regular people.

BANNED

1. Another big alien invasion event that ties up every damn book in a crossover.
    2. Anymore characters with spider powers
    3. ..or healing factors
    4. Black Widow losing her memory or being mind-controlled (yes, I'm aware of what's currently happening)
    5. CLONES! No more CLONES!!!!!!!!
    6. Immortal Hulk ending....