Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
    Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    The god damned Phoenix Force. Let that stupid overused mess of a situation sit on the shelf preferably forever. The minute I see a writer is using it these days I lose respect for that writer because it is just so played out and tired at this point (hell not just this point but for the last decade)
    As much as I love the original concept of the Phoenix Force, I totally agree. They've ruined it. Possibly forever. It needs to return to a Cosmic Abstract that could care less about taking up hosts and dealing in the concerns of any entity equal to or below its station.

Spider-Woman's new costume.

I gave it a fair chance, but it's not working for me. They need to go back to the drawing board on that one. Jessica deserves better.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    The phoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by staptik777 View Post
    Symbiotes
    Tini Howard on Excalibur
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Falcon View Post
    She-Hulk's current characterization in Jason Aaron's Avengers run.
    All of those for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post

I gave it a fair chance, but it's not working for me. They need to go back to the drawing board on that one.
    Or just go back to the original.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Mighty Member

Other franchises and characters being thrown under the bus or character assassinated to prop up and push mutants and Krakoa, especially in their own books. That's what seems to be happening across the board right now and I hope it doesn't continue into 2021. From She-Hulk getting dragged by Logan, to Carol and the Avengers looking bad so Sword now becomes a mutant organization, to Reed getting punked and mind abused by Xavier, to x-writers retconning Wakanda's history to suit some x-event and having T'challa look weak. How far is this going to go, how much pull does Hickman have over other writers who have to defer to whatever he wants to do. And is there some mandate that the x-franchise has prominence over all other properties? If Marvel is not careful there could be backlash from many who see blatant bias and favoritism towards the X-men side at the expense of the rest of the MU.

Astonishing Member

As much as I love the original concept of the Phoenix Force, I totally agree. They've ruined it. Possibly forever. It needs to return to a Cosmic Abstract that could care less about taking up hosts and dealing in the concerns of any entity equal to or below its station.
    It seems like modern day comics love to "power game". They like seeing how much they can get away with the concept "X".

Look at the One Below All, Knull, and even Mjolnir granting any wielder the power of Thor.

At least Captain Universe was meant to be used by everyone.

No Civil Wars, no AvX and especially no Spider-verse events.

No PC or SJW pandering.

I gave it a fair chance, but it's not working for me. They need to go back to the drawing board on that one. Jessica deserves better.
    I've never liked it. The black colour scheme clashes with her black hair, and the webbing patterns don't make sense for someone who doesn't use webs. It'd make more sense on literally anyone else, as Jessica's pretty much the only spider hero who doesn't have webs, and apart from Silk, the others also don't have black hair.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I've never liked it. The black colour scheme clashes with her black hair, and the webbing patterns don't make sense for someone who doesn't use webs. It'd make more sense on literally anyone else, as Jessica's pretty much the only spider hero who doesn't have webs, and apart from Silk, the others also don't have black hair.
    Don't forget Jessica's wing gliders, which are webs.

But I get your main point and agree. They're trying to shoehorn Jessica into something that doesn't really fit who she is, past or present. If they really, really insist on doing some Spider-Man like effects on her costume, there are designs that work better. And if they're trying for a costume that is less 1970s sexy and revealing, there are designs that work better. Maybe one day they'll listen to the fans, but I doubt it.

Oh, last one for today: No one kills or jobs GALACTUS!!!!!!!!!!

Give him back his prestige as the 3rd most central being in the multiverse. Maybe go one step further. Establish that he is absolutely essential to the continued survival of everything in the multiverse and beyond. Kill him, and you destroy all of reality. The fact that he needs to eat planets would take on a whole new level of cosmic significance. Sure, you might be able to stop a weakened Galactus from eating your planet, but just know that if you do, you run the risk of killing him and everything else, including the planet that you just saved. That should make things a little more interesting. Consequences for heroic overreach.

Incredible Member a moment closer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    People complaining about comic books they don't actually read. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    This deserves a 'like' button!

Incredible Member a moment closer's Avatar

Another year of admitting that Blue Marvel isn't fit to carry Green Lantern John Stewart's jock.
    I wish Coates or Ewing would write a bad-ass ongoing. Blue Marvel disserves a solo! Hell, a 12-issue Maxi-series, a-la Marvel Knights, would be better than what we're getting. I'd even be ok with another Ultimates run.

Astonishing Member

Oh, last one for today: No one kills or jobs GALACTUS!!!!!!!!!!

Give him back his prestige as the 3rd most central being in the multiverse. Maybe go one step further. Establish that he is absolutely essential to the continued survival of everything in the multiverse and beyond. Kill him, and you destroy all of reality. The fact that he needs to eat planets would take on a whole new level of cosmic significance. Sure, you might be able to stop a weakened Galactus from eating your planet, but just know that if you do, you run the risk of killing him and everything else, including the planet that you just saved. That should make things a little more interesting. Consequences for heroic overreach.
    This is something that I'd actually be comfortable leaving behind.

The idea that Galactus is essential to the universe comes off as an excuse to keep him around rather than get rid off him. It's the definition of "Joker Immunity", and a horrible excuse for why things can't change.

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    Other franchises and characters being thrown under the bus or character assassinated to prop up and push mutants and Krakoa, especially in their own books. That's what seems to be happening across the board right now and I hope it doesn't continue into 2021. From She-Hulk getting dragged by Logan, to Carol and the Avengers looking bad so Sword now becomes a mutant organization, to Reed getting punked and mind abused by Xavier, to x-writers retconning Wakanda's history to suit some x-event and having T'challa look weak. How far is this going to go, how much pull does Hickman have over other writers who have to defer to whatever he wants to do. And is there some mandate that the x-franchise has prominence over all other properties? If Marvel is not careful there could be backlash from many who see blatant bias and favoritism towards the X-men side at the expense of the rest of the MU.
    Wow. I didn’t realize all that stuff was going down. I really hope it doesn’t continue as well.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Astonishing Member

Agent Z wrote a good suggestion here that needs to be shared.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Thinking about it some more, the idea of an "ultimate hero" doesn't do any character any good. Writers forget that they themselves are not perfect and cannot write perfect characters. Just writer the heroes sympathetically and understand that they will make mistakes some times.
    While it's understandable why heroes should be appreciated, writers should be careful how they're "worshipped" by characters in universe.