Mighty Member

Default How was Spider-man unmasked

Way back to 2007, after Civil War With Spider-man Unmasked.I remembered the stores was really good.Then came one more day and Spider-man was put back

Long story short, Tony convinced him to reveal his identity to the public to send a strong message and Aunt May also did some convincing there. I personally still think that Peter was OCC when he accepted, but different tastes and all that. If i remember correctly it happened between ASM #529 and #534.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Long story short, Tony convinced him to reveal his identity to the public to send a strong message and Aunt May also did some convincing there. I personally still think that Peter was OCC when he accepted, but different tastes and all that. If i remember correctly it happened between ASM #529 and #534.
    Uh-huh. #529-531 was Amazing Spider-Man's "Road to Civil War," with #532 or 533 being where he actually unmasked for the public. Given the circumstances, I'd chalk it up to Peter being pressured by his sense of obligation to Tony insofar as Tony going to bat for him on the New Avengers and helping him, Aunt May, and Mary Jane out when he didn't need to do so. Swearing a "blood oath" of loyalty or something like that was a bit much, though, especially after some of Tony's shadier actions once Civil War was in full swing.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Uh-huh. #529-531 was Amazing Spider-Man's "Road to Civil War," with #532 or 533 being where he actually unmasked for the public. Given the circumstances, I'd chalk it up to Peter being pressured by his sense of obligation to Tony insofar as Tony going to bat for him on the New Avengers and helping him, Aunt May, and Mary Jane out when he didn't need to do so. Swearing a "blood oath" of loyalty or something like that was a bit much, though, especially after some of Tony's shadier actions once Civil War was in full swing.
    Blood Oath?, man i really need to reread the Unmasked Era again at some point,ni definetly forgot some details like that.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Blood Oath?, man i really need to reread the Unmasked Era again at some point,ni definetly forgot some details like that.
    Not a literal blood oath, but from what I recall, Tony did describe it in those terms.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Basically Tony convinced Peter that to show support for the Superhero Registration Act, he should come forward and reveal his secret identity to the world. Tony thought this would prove Peter was "team Iron Man" and also convince other popular heroes to go public.

This backfired big time later when Kingpin tracked down Peter, MJ and Aunt May and hired a gunman to try to kill Peter, but hit Aunt May instead. This lead to Peter making a deal with Mephisto to let Aunt May live in exchange for "giving" Mephisto his marriage to MJ, essentially wiping it from existence.

Then POOF, Brand New Day. Aunt May lives, Peter was never married to MJ.

How'd I do folks?

Quote Originally Posted by tib2d2 View Post
    Basically Tony convinced Peter that to show support for the Superhero Registration Act, he should come forward and reveal his secret identity to the world. Tony thought this would prove Peter was "team Iron Man" and also convince other popular heroes to go public.

This backfired big time later when Kingpin tracked down Peter, MJ and Aunt May and hired a gunman to try to kill Peter, but hit Aunt May instead. This lead to Peter making a deal with Mephisto to let Aunt May live in exchange for "giving" Mephisto his marriage to MJ, essentially wiping it from existence.

Then POOF, Brand New Day. Aunt May lives, Peter was never married to MJ.

How'd I do folks?
    Yeah that is pretty much was what happened, i'm sure that i might be forgetting some details, but you are pretty much on the money there.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona