Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Fantastic Member

Default What happenned to Michael Janin

Such a great artist and he bailed after 1 issue. Any reason given for his swift departure. Perhaps he was unhappy with the scripts?

Extraordinary Member

Nah, he was only slated to do two issues and that's what he did - he was never announced as the new ongoing artist moving forward.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Nah, he was only slated to do two issues and that's what he did - he was never announced as the new ongoing artist moving forward.

I thought he was announced. Why else would we have a rotating pack of artists now rather than a regular artist on this title? I thought he only did one issue. Did he do two?

Extraordinary Member

If you look at the article announcing Tamaki taking over it's pretty clear that Janin would be doing 759+760, which is what he did, not that he was the new artist moving forward. For whatever reason the rotating artists seems to have been the plan from the beginning.

Plus if you look at this interview with Janin he seems pretty complimentary of Tamaki so I really don't think he was dissatisfied with the scripts and walked off the book.

Fantastic Member

If you look at the article announcing Tamaki taking over it's pretty clear that Janin would be doing 759+760, which is what he did, not that he was the new artist moving forward. For whatever reason the rotating artists seems to have been the plan from the beginning.

Plus if you look at this interview with Janin he seems pretty complimentary of Tamaki so I really don't think he was dissatisfied with the scripts and walked off the book.
    I guess this is the part that threw me off as to him being the new artist:

Acclaimed artist Mikel Janin teases his upcoming run with Mariko Tamaki on Wonder Woman, with exclusive preview pages.

Fantastic Member

Acclaimed artist Mikel Janin teases his upcoming run with Mariko Tamaki on Wonder Woman, with exclusive preview

Two issues isn't really a run.

Quote Originally Posted by gbshabo View Post

Acclaimed artist Mikel Janin teases his upcoming run with Mariko Tamaki on Wonder Woman, with exclusive preview
    One should always read marketing stuff with at least two grains of salt. Preferably more. The people writing copy or blurbs are often far from the decisions.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])