Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    Aunt May goes from an old lady to Marissa Tomei and outlives Peter.
    no doubt, lol
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    If Marvel hypes up to undo OMD, I'll think they're lying, even if they actually undo it, 'cause there could always be some dumbass undoing the OMD undo, yeah lol.
    I'm sure that we can expect a Tom King when they announced the wedding for the 900 issue
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by Dzika_Sowa View Post
    Nothing is pointing to OMD reversal, and solicit are always like "You will never ever see it the same", "everything changes now forever and ever". Yeah, right....
    Yeah, I too hate such pointless hype especially when all we've gotten thus far is Harry Osborn doing a bad impersonation of Mumm-Ra (how groundbreaking)....
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

I'm surprised Marvel hasn't decided to resolve the OMD issue. The topic is forever alive wherever Spidey fans are.

Even my friend, who abandoned comics (mainly due to the lack of character progression, resetting the status quo) jokes every now and then, mentioning that the OMD pact is probably still intact.

We live in a time when Captain America has his entire life history overwritten, Venom fights the cosmic god, the X-Men are thriving, Batman and Superman have kids, and Dr. Manhattan manipulates the DC universe.

Yet, Spider-Man cannot fight Mephisto for his wife and / or aunt. I do not understand this. Is it a matter of Marvel corporate pride or something?

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    I’d certainly like to see OMD and the deal made be known by Peter, and he has to look Aunt May in the eyes and have that conversation with her. Tough stuff.

But honestly, I’m not sure. I don’t think Kindred/Harry will be finished straight after Last Remains.

Possibly the end of an era could be everything going on with MJ? Kindred is trying his damndest to keep them apart, maybe he succeeds?

This definitely feels like the end of “Season 2” (Season 1 being the conclusion of Hunted)
    I'm actually kind of wondering what's next for MJ and what Kindred's plans are. She should be back in New York soon but is there any way the movie premier doesn't go off without a hitch? Mysterio being the director has to be exposed at some point.

I was kind of expecting Leah Williams would explore that in MJ's solo book but that's over now and it didn't seem to be the direction they were going in, so maybe Spencer was planning to deal with it? Is the next phase of Kindred keeping Peter and MJ apart getting MJ in legal trouble by exposing she was knowingly aiding and abetting a known criminal on a fraudulent production?

Or maybe Kindred will make Peter think he's not worthy of MJ after emotionally breaking him and that causes a rift between them.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    I'm sure that we can expect a Tom King when they announced the wedding for the 900 issue
    Or an X-men Gold#30, announcing Kitty and Colossus' marriages, only for Rogue and Gambit to marry there, I think.

Weird we had bait and switch marriages at around the same time lol.

the X-Men are thriving
    Will never stop being funny how X-Men went from pretty whatever at first, to pretty good under Claremont, to pretty whatever post Claremont, to bad, to good again.

X-Men live in extremes lol.

Yet, Spider-Man cannot fight Mephisto for his wife and / or aunt. I do not understand this. Is it a matter of Marvel corporate pride or something?
    Marriage ages him up and makes higher up people butthurt, specially the toxic nostalgia ones who prefer him being single because it's not how he used to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm actually kind of wondering what's next for MJ and what Kindred's plans are. She should be back in New York soon but is there any way the movie premier doesn't go off without a hitch? Mysterio being the director has to be exposed at some point.
    It's also worth mentioning that Kindred was the one who wrote the script, since he gave it to Mysterio, and while the plan could just be a simple "Use the movie to get MJ away from Peter", maybe there's more planned with it, specially since Mysterio works for Kindred, so there may be something planned for him to do with MJ, even if it's not to hurt her.
    Last edited by Lukmendes; 10-20-2020 at 09:23 AM.

Or an X-men Gold#30, announcing Kitty and Colossus' marriages, only for Rogue and Gambit to marry there, I think.

Weird we had bait and switch marriages at around the same time lol.

Will never stop being funny how X-Men went from pretty whatever at first, to pretty good under Claremont, to pretty whatever post Claremont, to bad, to good again.

X-Men live in extremes lol.

Marriage ages him up and makes higher up people butthurt, specially the toxic nostalgia ones who prefer him being single because it's not how he used to be.

It's also worth mentioning that Kindred was the one who wrote the script, since he gave it to Mysterio, and while the plan could just be a simple "Use the movie to get MJ away from Peter", maybe there's more planned with it, specially since Mysterio works for Kindred, so there may be something planned for him to do with MJ, even if it's not to hurt her.
    If they do an X-Men Gold....then 900 would be Harry and Liz wedding lol, Centipedes and all.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Harry wrote it? Maybe that's why MJ had so many problems with the script .

But yeah, I'm kind of wondering what's the endgame here and how much of it was planned and how much Mysterio is just doing his own thing. Was Kindred planning on MJ ending up, functionally, as an accomplice or to just remain oblivious? Because now she's in more trouble if Mysterio is exposed than she would've been otherwise, which could help keep her from Peter and "safe" from a certain point of view. Or maybe Mysterio is going to blackmail her or force her to stay away from Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    If they do an X-Men Gold....then 900 would be Harry and Liz wedding lol, Centipedes and all.
    Hey man, don't give Marvel ideas :P.

Harry wrote it? Maybe that's why MJ had so many problems with the script .
    Double checked ASM#25:

So yeah, my mistake, I only remembered Kindred giving Mysterio the script, forgot that Kindred said Mysterio was the one who wrote it.

Funnily enough, it's only in MJ's own comic that the she has an issue with the script, in ASM#29, both Peter and MJ think the script is good:

But yeah, I'm kind of wondering what's the endgame here and how much of it was planned and how much Mysterio is just doing his own thing. Was Kindred planning on MJ ending up, functionally, as an accomplice or to just remain oblivious? Because now she's in more trouble if Mysterio is exposed than she would've been otherwise, which could help keep her from Peter and "safe" from a certain point of view. Or maybe Mysterio is going to blackmail her or force her to stay away from Peter.
    I think he just wanted to use Mysterio to make a normal movie for MJ to get away from New York while he does his own thing, at least so she's not hurt by **** like Sin Eater, plus isolation from Peter.

I really doubt he planned for her to figure it out that Mysterio was behind this, specially since MJ did it by accident, she just bitched about "Cage McKnight" and then Mysterio decided to reveal himself once she threatened to quit, and he seemed hesitant to tell her too, and ASM showed that while Mysterio is Kindred's bitch, he still tries to do his own thing, so Mysterio revealing himself to her is probably not something Kindred planned for...
    Last edited by Lukmendes; 10-20-2020 at 10:28 AM.

I'm surprised Marvel hasn't decided to resolve the OMD issue. The topic is forever alive wherever Spidey fans are.
    This is true. I've seen a lot of new fans who started reading post-OMD all the way up to the last couple of years saying they want OMD reversed and the marriage restored. I think it's just that it's a natural innate desire for most people to want to see Peter get married and not just stay single forever because so much of Peter's life is tied around the idea of him wanting to marry and find some sort of happiness in the crazy life he leads. Also, OMD is always around for new fans to read so I've seen a lot of people read it and instantly want the marriage back just from that story without actually being a reader when the marriage was intact. Honestly the topic will stay alive in some form or fashion forever because the idea of seeing Spider-Man, an everyday hero, get married will always be a want among the fanbase.

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    A strong possibility, if they indeed undo OMD. There is no way Aunt May is dying. In Marvel canon, Aunt May will no doubt outlive the Avengers, Hulk, Venom, exact. Aunt May is forever baby!
    ain't that the truth
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Astonishing Member

Even my friend, who abandoned comics (mainly due to the lack of character progression, resetting the status quo) jokes every now and then, mentioning that the OMD pact is probably still intact.

We live in a time when Captain America has his entire life history overwritten, Venom fights the cosmic god, the X-Men are thriving, Batman and Superman have kids, and Dr. Manhattan manipulates the DC universe.

There aren't nearly as many people on this forum as you'd think.

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    A strong possibility, if they indeed undo OMD. There is no way Aunt May is dying. In Marvel canon, Aunt May will no doubt outlive the Avengers, Hulk, Venom, exact. Aunt May is forever baby!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    ain't that the truth
    It's so disappointing that Immortal Hulk showed Hulk possessed by the One Below All at the end of the universe, and aunt May wasn't there to see the end

So yeah, my mistake, I only remembered Kindred giving Mysterio the script, forgot that Kindred said Mysterio was the one who wrote it.

Funnily enough, it's only in MJ's own comic that the she has an issue with the script, in ASM#29, both Peter and MJ think the script is good:
    I kind of assumed MJ was on high at the prospect of her next big break and seeing a script that had massive potential only to realize how limiting the role was and the issues with the script once she got on the ground and started filming.
    I think he just wanted to use Mysterio to make a normal movie for MJ to get away from New York while he does his own thing, at least so she's not hurt by **** like Sin Eater, plus isolation from Peter.

I really doubt he planned for her to figure it out that Mysterio was behind this, specially since MJ did it by accident, she just bitched about "Cage McKnight" and then Mysterio decided to reveal himself once she threatened to quit, and he seemed hesitant to tell her too, and ASM showed that while Mysterio is Kindred's bitch, he still tries to do his own thing, so Mysterio revealing himself to her is probably not something Kindred planned for...
    This makes me wonder if Kindred might be mad at the direction Mysterio has taken things. I don't think he expected Beck and MJ to become film friends and he can't keep MJ out of New York anymore (the witness protection program, on the other hand...).

Astonishing Member

I was kind of expecting Leah Williams would explore that in MJ's solo book but that's over now and it didn't seem to be the direction they were going in, so maybe Spencer was planning to deal with it? Is the next phase of Kindred keeping Peter and MJ apart getting MJ in legal trouble by exposing she was knowingly aiding and abetting a known criminal on a fraudulent production?

Or maybe Kindred will make Peter think he's not worthy of MJ after emotionally breaking him and that causes a rift between them.
    I have no doubt Kindred has something bad planned for MJ.. Why? Think of his twisted mind. “You rejected me and chose him, and are responsible for me getting on drugs?”Almost like Norman hating Peter because he rejected him.