Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default Amazing Spider-man 51.LR Preview

"A well known group of Spider-Man impersonators"

Oh come on lol.

"Some sort of cult that worships our city's webbed hero?"

Hah, wonder if this is a nod at "Order of the Web" sounding like a cult's name .

"Reports coming in say that there may be as many as six of those individuals..."

Curious, because there are only five... It was mentioned, I think in ASM#50.LR, that Ben could be included in this story later, maybe this is foreshadowing it? Hopefully he wasn't possessed off-screen.

I was wondering if Stranger would just do nothing about the Hand of Vishanti being stolen, wonder what he'll do now.

Edit: By the way Rzero, this is your post number 616 .

I like I like.

Props for making the side stories seem important. ASM 50 LR was damn good so Im really interested in seeing where this goes in this issue.

Felicia is such a bad ass....

Also just noticed that thats MJ's hand in the shot. Seems like she's the one recording them with the phone apparently.
    Last edited by RD155; 10-30-2020 at 03:05 PM.

So Threats and Menaces is Nora Winter's News Station/website, right? I forgot the name of it.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pattern_Maker View Post
    So Threats and Menaces is Nora Winter's News Station/website, right? I forgot the name of it.
    Yeah, it is, though it's more of a podcast.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by RD155 View Post
    Also just noticed that thats MJ's hand in the shot. Seems like she's the one recording them with the phone apparently.
    Huh, good eye, but why the hell is she recording it for a podcast? Lol.

Also, there are interesting news at the bottom of the panels, they're referencing other comics:

"... by Moon Knight. The Avengers could not be reached for questioning. The police are treating the vandalism of the Krakoan embassy as a potential hate crime. "What does the Skrull/Kree peace mean for us?" asks senator Allen. Ravencroft officials deny reports of a disturbance. Former Avenger Hawkeye sought for questioning in connection to a series of bizarre incidents. Mayor Fisk vows to "do whatever it takes" to stop rising crime rates in Hell's Kitchen."

Interesting. It seems like the "sins" form is only seen by Spider-Man, and not by the others? Or maybe TV/ stream recorded footage doesn't show the sin eater form of spider possessed heroes?

I'm also intrigued if strange will elaborate more on Peter's OMD deal.

Sorry if my English is off, I'm bit under the weather right now.

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

There's something funny about the New Warriors showing up just to job. The Avengers, Defenders, and FF have to much dignity. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Dzika_Sowa View Post
    Interesting. It seems like the "sins" form is only seen by Spider-Man, and not by the others? Or maybe TV/ stream recorded footage doesn't show the sin eater form of spider possessed heroes?
    Pretty sure they're just using shape shift to look normal, Cindy for example had a monster mouth in #50.LR, but not in #50, then briefly had it in #51, but most times she didn't, plus she retracted and made the bat wings grows again, and there's that monster form she transformed when trying to make Spidey "confess"... Yeah, it's shapeshifting.

I'm also intrigued if strange will elaborate more on Peter's OMD deal.
    I get the feeling he may only talk about it at the end of the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Unspeakable Evil View Post
    There's something funny about the New Warriors showing up just to job. The Avengers, Defenders, and FF have to much dignity. Lol
    I dunno man, I can totally see Thor being jobbed by 'em at least .

Norah roped MJ into being her camerawoman?

I know Norah is emphasizing clickbait, but calling everybody else a bunch of fanboys or a cult? Everybody should recognize Spider-Woman, Miles, and even Silk by this point. Unless she doesn't want to get accused of defamation by implying it's actually them.

So the New Warriors are just Night Thrasher and Speedball? Was this so they could get around the fact that the Outlawed roster was so unpopular and the book might not even be coming out?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

I know Norah is emphasizing clickbait, but calling everybody else a bunch of fanboys or a cult? Everybody should recognize Spider-Woman, Miles, and even Silk by this point. Unless she doesn't want to get accused of defamation by implying it's actually them.
    She does say "But who are these fake Spiders exactly?", so she possibly doesn't believe they're the real deal.

It's weird she also calls them "A well known group of Spider-Man impersonators", how are they well known if they just started trashing the city? Unless she meant that they're the real deal there, but then changed her mind and called them fakes in the same reporting? Is she that incompetent or is this just bad writing?

So the New Warriors are just Night Thrasher and Speedball? Was this so they could get around the fact that the Outlawed roster was so unpopular and the book might not even be coming out?
    I didn't even notice it was just two, by default I wouldn't recognize 'em, kudos for them for being so ballsy to try to fight them while being so outnumbered.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    She does say "But who are these fake Spiders exactly?", so she possibly doesn't believe they're the real deal.

It's weird she also calls them "A well known group of Spider-Man impersonators", how are they well known if they just started trashing the city? Unless she meant that they're the real deal there, but then changed her mind and called them fakes in the same reporting? Is she that incompetent or is this just bad writing?
    I mean, it's also Norah. She prioritizes being provocative over a accurately reporting.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    I mean, it's also Norah. She prioritizes being provocative over a accurately reporting.
    It's honestly like the ASM#850 situation, where Julia said that throwing Norman to Sin Eater was a mistake, when in the same issue earlier, and the ones before that, she says that they should let Sin Eater get Norman, was that bad writing? Or Julia's usual incompetence? Similar thing with Norah, bad writing? Or Norah being Norah?

Honestly funny that Spencer managed to make situations where either we have bad writing, or a character being in-character, in not long after each other lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

wait that hand is Mj what the hell does she think she is doing? Also I know nothing about the new warriors except for them causing the first civil war so the fact they are the group thats suppposed to get job to Miles and the others isnt too impressive and feels safe. Nice to Black Cat love to see her relationship with Peter build
    Last edited by Jman27; 10-31-2020 at 06:48 AM.
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Is Norah not filming this herself?