Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Default End of an Era teased

Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Maybe another unmasking to the whole world? I seem to remember something similar with Superman-they "unmasked" him a few years ago but then quickly reversed that, but then tried it again recently and it seems to be sticking around for a bit longer.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

I wonder if Kingpin and Boomerangs feud will begin to heat up? Kingpin wants the tablet for some reason we have yet to discover

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    I wonder if Kingpin and Boomerangs feud will begin to heat up? Kingpin wants the tablet for some reason we have yet to discover
    Yeah, I'm thinking that's what this could be. Kingpin, I think, wants that tablet fragment to bring back his wife, Vanessa. Moreover, the way I think this will connect with "Last Remains" is that spoilers:
    I think Harry/Kindred supernatural powers aren't demonic in origin at all, but really come from his possessing one of the tablet fragments. That's also why he has such a hold over Kingpin, too, promising he can bring Vanessa back for him if he does what he says. Kingpin getting that tablet fragment from Boomerang allows him to cut Harry/Kindred off at the pass.
    end of spoilers

Another thing which I think could come into play? What about that ESU grad student with the device that allows him to see into possible future timelines?
    --Mike McNulty, a.k.a. Stillanerd. Contributor for Bam Smack Pow! and Viral Hare
    Previous Articles for Whatever A Spider Can.
    Previous Articles for Spider-Man Crawlspace.

Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton

So this all sounds pretty somber. The #55 solicitation from December mentioned how we'd never look at Peter or Spidey the same again, now the solicitation for #56 says we won't look at Norman or Harry the same again either. I was looking forward to seeing these as it gives us a slight sense of what to expect with how Last Remains shakes out, doesn't look like it's any easier for Peter after that. End of an era, what era do we think is ending?

Fantastic Member

I feel like I'm in some dreamworld seeing Mark Bagley back on ASM in full, unreal stuff.

Wonder if Feb might have some King in Black tie-ins? Looks like Jan is just more housecleaning from Last Remains. Also I think its safe to say that Last Remains is going to oust/kill the BND-era Harry, either in the literal sense, or Kindred just totally fills the vaccum of the character. Also seems like Kindred wont be soundly defeated either

Astonishing Member

[QUOTE=Spidey_62;5195845]So this all sounds pretty somber. The #55 solicitation from December mentioned how we'd never look at Peter or Spidey the same again, now the solicitation for #56 says we won't look at Norman or Harry the same again either. I was looking forward to seeing these as it gives us a slight sense of what to expect with how Last Remains shakes out, doesn't look like it's any easier for Peter after that. End of an era, what era do we think is ending?[/QUOTE
    What about three letters: OMD?

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post
    So this all sounds pretty somber. The #55 solicitation from December mentioned how we'd never look at Peter or Spidey the same again, now the solicitation for #56 says we won't look at Norman or Harry the same again either. I was looking forward to seeing these as it gives us a slight sense of what to expect with how Last Remains shakes out, doesn't look like it's any easier for Peter after that. End of an era, what era do we think is ending?
    To fair, "we never look at it the same way again" is pretty typical from solicits lol. Hopefully what Spencer does is good
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Norman and Kingpin working together?

So I guess if this was season 1 of Spencer's run, we're about to get to season 2.

Not much new to see, but this seems mostly like an epilogue. I do think this may imply the whole Kindred thing won't extend further than Last Remains or that the plot will definitively be put on hold for a while.

Also, no King in Black tie-in makes me a bit sad. But I guess there is still February.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Maybe another unmasking to the whole world? I seem to remember something similar with Superman-they "unmasked" him a few years ago but then quickly reversed that, but then tried it again recently and it seems to be sticking around for a bit longer.
    That is exactly what I was thinking. Of course, if it means OMD is erased I would take the trade off of Peter getting unmasked and run. One thing ( among many) about OMD was I felt things cannot get better until it was erased. I also know there are very few happy moments for Peter: The Wedding Issue, ASM 33 but not many. So I do not expect a bed of Roses, going forward but I expect in the end Peter to win ( I am not rooting for douche bags like Otto and Norman and I like seeing their asses kicked). The other thing I enjoy is character growth and that was something that OMD adversely affected. So if it means an unmasked Peter gets hunted down by his rouges gallery, so be it and bring them on,

Hallelujah! Consistent artwork!!! I'm excited!

Have to think at some point we'll get back to what the Chameleon is up to.

Thumbs up

I might check it out when the trade is released. At this point, I'm highly skeptical of any major status quo change stemming from all this, but, we'll see.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    IMO, it was stupid with Sups then and it's stupid with Sups now. I fully expect his latest "unmasking" to be reversed after Bendis leaves in December.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."