Thread: what event...

Mighty Member

Default what event...

was Spider-Man a part of that he didn't really belong in or felt real out of place but he's there because...he's popular? And with Spidey, is it similar to Daredevil where his titles can stand alone pretty much except for the events or is Peter's history and ties to Avengers/X-Men a little more complicated?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    was Spider-Man a part of that he didn't really belong in or felt real out of place but he's there because...he's popular? And with Spidey, is it similar to Daredevil where his titles can stand alone pretty much except for the events or is Peter's history and ties to Avengers/X-Men a little more complicated?
    Most of them to be honest. He's usually used for comic relief in Marvel wide events.

iMan 42s

Both Civil War 1 and 2 come to mind because I genuinely can't remember what Peter did in 2 and Miles is here because of Bendis. Civil War 1 is only notable for him because of the unmasking both in and out of universe publicity stunt.

Though I'd argue for the Spiderverse event Peter has no business being here. I mean think about it, what did Peter contribute that Otto wasn't doing better and what tactical information did he give that others didn't bring for him? For the "boy who lived" he fought Morlun but Peter doesn't contribute really to a story that's predicated on him. Silk has more impact on the plot and I still have no idea what the bride was.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    Both Civil War 1 and 2 come to mind because I genuinely can't remember what Peter did in 2 and Miles is here because of Bendis.
    He had his own tie-ins with him supporting the idea of using that Inhuman kid, but only once the crime can be confirmed that it'd actually happen, and he said that he'd support Carol to help her out and not go out of control, and then he never showed up.

I like to think he knew better and just decided to get the **** away from another Civil War.

Though I'd argue for the Spiderverse event Peter has no business being here. I mean think about it, what did Peter contribute that Otto wasn't doing better and what tactical information did he give that others didn't bring for him? For the "boy who lived" he fought Morlun but Peter doesn't contribute really to a story that's predicated on him.
    Yeah, Slott was lazy when adapting, since the story was actually supposed to happen with Spider-Otto, but then when the story was supposed to happen with Peter, yeah... Didn't adapt it well for him to do something.

Silk has more impact on the plot and I still have no idea what the bride was.
    Clearly the Bride was supposed to mean "The Molester", maybe it was lost in translation

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    He had his own tie-ins with him supporting the idea of using that Inhuman kid, but only once the crime can be confirmed that it'd actually happen, and he said that he'd support Carol to help her out and not go out of control, and then he never showed up.

I like to think he knew better and just decided to get the **** away from another Civil War.

Yeah, Slott was lazy when adapting, since the story was actually supposed to happen with Spider-Otto, but then when the story was supposed to happen with Peter, yeah... Didn't adapt it well for him to do something.

Clearly the Bride was supposed to mean "The Molester", maybe it was lost in translation
    I could never have guest that Slott regretted killing the Spider-Queen in Spider-Island and wanted a legacy for her
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    I could never have guest that Slott regretted killing the Spider-Queen in Spider-Island and wanted a legacy for her
    Hah.

Clearly that means if an Ultimate version of Cindy is ever made, she should be a mix of Cindy and Spider-Queen to not have to bother with this great legacy, and since Ultimate likes edgy crap, and flanderization of some character's worst traits, she should be a full blown rapist, hell, make her a mix of another one, have her be called Black Widow too, and try to eat Spider-People after the rape