Default Juggernaut #2 preview

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

DA-aaaammmmnnnnn!!! that Hulk page!!!!
    I will definitely have to get this in trade just for Garney's beauty-full art.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Can we get him on Excalibur

This book has been fun. I'm liking it.

The girl said hulk is much stronger than juggernaut. But I'm assuming that because he's on good guy mode he doesn't have the full strength of the juggernaut?

Never understand why they constantly depower Cain. If the likes of Thor, Hercules,Hulk, Sentry etc can go around at class 100 strength, then why not juggs?

Garney's art is look great!

The first issue didn't hook me, which is a shame as I started getting hyped as its debut approached. Will give this second issue a shot before deciding definitively if I'm sticking with it.

My only beef with this issue was the flashback of Xavier telling Cain that he can’t step foot on Krakoa because he’s not a mutant. He’s family. They’re permitted. Xavier was just being a jerk because he didn’t want him him there, yet villains ten times worse reside on Krakoa... It’s like he forgot how much Cain has changed over the years. Also... it would make Black Tom happy.

Fantastic Member Captain Buttocks's Avatar

I very much enjoyed this issue, an improvement on the first (still good) issue. Cain was well-written and had solid motivation and drama, the Hulk's characterisation was mostly in-line with his current book and the dialogue worked for me.

Add in Ron Garney doing what he does best (draw big people punching each other) and you've got some thoroughly solid fare.

There's some minor inconsistencies with how it ties in to Krakoa, but given that Nicieza isn't part of the inner x-circle, and, frankly, that it all seems to be made up as it goes along, I can live with it. Given that I've dropped all X-Books for the crossover I actually welcomed the Charles cameo which reminded me of just how creepy he was in HoXPoX.

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    My only beef with this issue was the flashback of Xavier telling Cain that he can’t step foot on Krakoa because he’s not a mutant. He’s family. They’re permitted. Xavier was just being a jerk because he didn’t want him him there, yet villains ten times worse reside on Krakoa... It’s like he forgot how much Cain has changed over the years. Also... it would make Black Tom happy.
    But remember, Krakoa is a home for all mutants, regardless of what they've done in the past. Mutant status means more than family due to the circumstances. And ultimately the decision to welcome humans to Krakoa depends entirely on what the island wants on it. So far the only humans it has allowed are an infant and someone's husband. That it wouldn't want an extremely powerful human like Cain on it makes plenty of sense.

Also, why can't Black Tom go visit Cain and his new friend? That'd be good for him.

Juggernaut the Twitch streamer... interesting
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

BANNED

I'm out of date... Which Hulk are we looking at here? Last I checked Hulk was an immortal multiple personality.
    Last edited by Micabe; 10-25-2020 at 01:57 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Can we get him on Excalibur
    That is actually a good idea.

Maybe Excalibur should be a non mutant team in the future. With Captain Britain (Brian), Juggernaut, Longshot, Spitfire, Black Knight, Blade and the like.

All-New Member

This series has been a **** show for The Juggernaut.