Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Astonishing Member

Brother Blood, when Trigon isn't the main nemesis, is definitely the one that makes the most sense to pit her up against. You can kind of divvy up the whole New Teen Titans that way, where excellent undercover vigilante dude (and proto-spy) Nightwing faces off the best against Deathstroke, HIVE and the Vigilantes; Beast Boy has lots of Doom Patrol and Mento drama and then the addition of Terra which kind of jumps him over to Outsiders drama, too. Starfire has a whole planet. Donna has a whole shifting pantheon of gods. So on and so forth. There's good crossover of course ... these things mix and match up nicely.

Raven is kind of tough in the way some might find Superman tough with the "full power set" conundrum of how do you go bigger than that? But I think an obvious Chilling Adventures of Sabrina type route seems pretty easy to picture.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    I mean the old NTT. Silas was dead (though he did build the Tower for them before he died). One meeting showed that all Titans except Raven chipped in on expenses and such (insurance went up a lot after the last attack). Back then Donna got an allowance from Hippolyta (in addition to being a very successful photographer). And had an expensive-looking apartment. Vic was rich because he inherited his dad's money and patents. Dick was living off Bruce's money (unsure if allowance or trust fund), though not always happy about it (can't recall if that was specified pre or post COIE). Kory was a famous model. Gar had some tv gigs but not much, his adoptive father (sometimes called stepfather) was way richer than Bruce Wayne and I guess he inherited some money too (was mentioned by in 1960s comics) though he was a minor so he may not be included in that. Can't recall if Wally was still there, but he wouldn't have had that kind of money.
    Not too sure about Wally I think he left early, he is one of the only two who did not have an inheritance or an allowance.

Honestly, I haven't read Raven in years (not since New 52 started) and didn't even know she had an aunt.

Her aunt has good money, then? Or she lives in a state where more is covered (minimum 10k a year otherwise)? Not to mention living expenses.
    Her Aunt first appeared in the mini-series from 2016.

I honestly do not know as I don't live in the states. Any writer could just give her aunt (or uncle) any job since it has not been stated what kind of job she has so she could be earning six figures or maybe she won the lottery.

or maybe she won the lottery.
    Hey, that happened to Wally early post-COIE. I just thought it might be nice to have someone who had to do lower-paying work and wasn't wealthy. A lot of the characters are at least upper middle class. I don't want to retcon the ones are well-off to poorer (well, maybe take Bruce back to the ordinary rich he used to be instead of what he is now), but those that likely should be paycheck-to-paycheck (or even just middle-middle-class) based on their histories (well, the history Raven had at one time), it could theoretically be an interesting change of pace. I really wouldn't want to go Peter Parker where (in a certain era) he was always worried about money, because it gets tiring to never have the character catch a break. But just "not well off" while still having some savings and a mundane job might be nice. A 9-5 gig also offers up co-workers, who can serve as supporting cast. Though, as I've said before, there is also a certain appeal to "wish fulfillment" characters, too. Who have either high-paying/high-status jobs or just jobs that sound cool and fun even if they don't pay well. Back when so many superheroes were characters kids wanted to be and weren't drowning in misery. I waffle.
    Last edited by Tzigone; 10-20-2020 at 03:25 PM.

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

I'm an old school Raven fan from the earlier NTT days. So nothing goth about her. She actually took a class or two at university back then. But she's so far removed from what she used to be - or at least was when I last read her - that I don't know how move forward from what she is today. I do want her fully grown up. Over 22 - outside undergrad range and in a place where no one would think of her as any sort of kid. Solo or team is okay with me, though I'd want to see at least some visits from her team members if so. I don't even know what the status of her mother is now. It would be interesting seeing her work as someone who doesn't have an education (well, not an earth-based, training-for-work type education), maybe. Obviously, she's intelligent. And while she can use the advanced tech teams used, in the old days she didn't have any particular skillset in that area. So a non-genius without a degree. What sort of field would suit her? What sort of supporting characters (regardless if she's solo or team) would be good to have? Rather than lifting existing ones, what sort of newly created role would fit well in her story, and what story would that be? Definitely don't a repeat of Trigon or her demonic nature - that story, like Vic's machine v. man, has been told too many times already.
    I can see Raven owning a book or antique store. If some earth training was allowed I'd say a social worker at a food bank or shelter.

Would be funny if the gave her the most mundane Jane Doe type characters as a supporting cast. I guess if not doing any Trigon related storylines, she could solve everyday issues magic related issues for humans who can't detect or don't understand the cause of their issues.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

I'd do something similar to the 2016 Scarlet Witch solo series. She'd be a supernatural investigator investigating a different occurence each issue. There's a longterm mystery in the background but that's optional.

She's in her mid 20s and her history with the Titans has happened in the past.