Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default Rank these Animated movie characters

Rank the following live action movie characters from best to worst in the following attributes

Strength:
    Speed:
    Durability:
    Firepower:
    Versatility:
    Intelligence:
    Skill:

1. Shrek
    2. Po the Panda
    3. Elsa
    4. Rapunzel
    5. Megamind
    6. Gru
    7. Maui
    8. Stitch
    9. The Iron Giant
    10. Maleficent

Note: Fire power in this case refers to any sort of attack that is not based on physical strength

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

For firepower, versatility and skill, Elsa is on top. Maleficent is not TOO far behind her in a couple, but Elsa is ridiculous.

For durability and strength, Stitch and Iron Giant are tops.

Maui is a good blend of all of those things.

Megamind, Gru or Maleficent are intelligent (though all arrogant and prone to overcomplicated plans) and would be great with prep.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    For firepower, versatility and skill, Elsa is on top. Maleficent is not TOO far behind her in a couple, but Elsa is ridiculous.

For durability and strength, Stitch and Iron Giant are tops.

Maui is a good blend of all of those things.

Megamind, Gru or Maleficent are intelligent (though all arrogant and prone to overcomplicated plans) and would be great with prep.
    I think Po would come out ahead on the Skill bracket

Yeah, I feel Rapunzel is the odd one out in that list. Her "magic hair" is more of a threat to herself than an asset.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Yeah, I feel Rapunzel is the odd one out in that list. Her "magic hair" is more of a threat to herself than an asset.
    It's a lot more useful in the TV show

If this is Rapunzel from Tangled, she's actually quite powerful with the hair and all of the other stuff she can pull off.
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    I think Po would come out ahead on the Skill bracket
    Elsa waves a hand and whips up complicated clothes, massive decorated castles and actual sentient life. That's a lot more skilled than a trained martial artist.

Extraordinary Member

If this is Rapunzel from Tangled, she's actually quite powerful with the hair and all of the other stuff she can pull off.
    It is that Rapunzel
    Elsa waves a hand and whips up complicated clothes, massive decorated castles and actual sentient life. That's a lot more skilled than a trained martial artist.
    How much of that is actual skill though?

How much of that is actual skill though?
    It feels pretty skillful to me. I can build a snowman by packing snow together with my hands. Elsa can wave her hand and create a living, sentient snowman who lives years. Part of that is power, but part is skill. How she got that skill is a different question, but she clearly has it.

Extraordinary Member

It feels pretty skillful to me. I can build a snowman by packing snow together with my hands. Elsa can wave her hand and create a living, sentient snowman who lives years. Part of that is power, but part is skill. How she got that skill is a different question, but she clearly has it.
    I'm pretty sure Elsa didn't even notice herself creating Olaf, since she was surprised to see him later. That suggests that the project is automatic.

I'm pretty sure Elsa didn't even notice herself creating Olaf, since she was surprised to see him later. That suggests that the project is automatic.
    Or, that's she's just a naturally skilled prodigy. :-)

Iron Giant has more firepower then Elsa. Gonna have to disagree with Big on that one.

You can argue that her freezing her kingdom is a better feat in terms of scale, but certainly not oomph in terms of energy unleashed.

For example, she altered weather patterns to below freezing over a distance of miles which is really darn good, but that feat is often exaggerated into "she froze a continent!" which she didn't. The mountain she went to was within a reasonably paced one days trip on foot. The area from the mountain to the castle was really not a vast distance. And that was an unconscious act. The most potent thing she has ever intentionally done in terms of firepower was freeze that huge wave in Frozen 2.

The Iron Giant on the other hand has city busting weaponry on par with nuclear weaponry. I would have to watch the scene again, but my brain is pretty certain it was in that range.

IG could have obliterated the capital of Arrendale (sp?) in one shot.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Rank the following live action movie characters from best to worst in the following attributes

Strength:
    Speed:
    Durability:
    Firepower:
    Versatility:
    Intelligence:
    Skill:

1. Shrek
    2. Po the Panda
    3. Elsa
    4. Rapunzel
    5. Megamind
    6. Gru
    7. Maui
    8. Stitch
    9. The Iron Giant
    10. Maleficent

Note: Fire power in this case refers to any sort of attack that is not based on physical strength
    Strength

Iron Giant
    Maleficent
    Maui
    Stitch
    Po
    Shrek
    Gru
    Rapunzel
    Else
    Melamine

Speed:

Iron Giant
    Po
    Maui
    Maleficent
    Stitch
    Rapunzel
    Else
    Gru
    Megamind

Durability

Iron Giant
    Maui
    Po
    Stitch
    Maleficent
    Shrek
    Rapunzel
    Gru
    Elsa
    Megamind

Firepower

Iron Giant
    Elsa
    Maleficent
    Po

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stigmazilla View Post
    Strength

Speed:

Iron Giant
    Po
    Maui
    Maleficent
    Stitch
    Rapunzel
    Else
    Gru
    Megamind
    Should Gru be a lot higher up there?

Should Gru be a lot higher up there?
    Should he be? I admittedly have only seen one of those movies.