Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mace Dolex View Post
    And on the same subject of Gilligan's Island:

- how much wardrobe did the Howell's bring along for their supposed 3 hour tour?
    - how much wardrobe did Ginger and Mary Ann bring?
    - and finally did Gilligan, Skipper and the Professor wear the same clothes the whole time?
    Ginger made herself at least one or two dresses from the sails and canvass of the Minnow (they even had the boat's name stencilled on them).

She might have also made some clothes for Mary Ann. And in a couple of episodes trunks washed up in the lagoon that had costumes and stuff in them... they could have altered some of that for new clothing. Skipper, Gilligan and the Professor did seem to wear the same clothes every day.

Can't explain why the Howells had so many luxury items, and the Professor so many books. You could explain Skipper and Gilligan having more stuff because the Minnow would practically have been their home... but ironically they seemed to have the least amount of possessions.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I loved "Buffy" and Buffy with Angel, but let's ignore that he's a hundred year old man puttin' moves on a teenage girl. (and I'm not counting his time as a soulless vamp)
    Though, that has been thing with vampires ever since the original Dracula. At least Angel-Buffy is not as creepy as Twilight, where Edward blatantly stalks her in very obsessive fashion. Also, Angel in turn was made into vampire by Darla who was like 200 years old at that point.

About the topic, two very obvious choices:
    Sapphire and Steel
    Lost

Default Tv shows you loved but still raised many, many questions

STEVE: I promised to keep it a secret. If I can't trust you two...
    OSCAR: You know you can.
    STEVE: You're not gonna believe it. ...In the California mountains, there's a colony of aliens. Explorers from deep space.
    OSCAR: Space people? ...In the mountains? ...Where?
    STEVE: I don't know exactly. They've been here for 250 years*. They also control the Sasquatch.
    OSCAR: Bigfoot?
    STEVE: ..... I told you you wouldn't believe it.
    JAIME: (Bionic-Listening outside door ...she raises an eyebrow.)

My 10yo brain: Ahhh? I guess, we just gonna pretend this all makes perfect sense!?

*also the whole moving through time-displacement element yet his bionics can detect them, he doesn't even begin to address here, and you just had to roll with.
    Last edited by Güicho; 10-26-2020 at 06:52 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    Ginger made herself at least one or two dresses from the sails and canvass of the Minnow (they even had the boat's name stencilled on them).

She might have also made some clothes for Mary Ann. And in a couple of episodes trunks washed up in the lagoon that had costumes and stuff in them... they could have altered some of that for new clothing. Skipper, Gilligan and the Professor did seem to wear the same clothes every day.

Can't explain why the Howells had so many luxury items, and the Professor so many books. You could explain Skipper and Gilligan having more stuff because the Minnow would practically have been their home... but ironically they seemed to have the least amount of possessions.
    As far as clothes and provisions on Gilligan's Island, I always assumed that the "3 hour tour" was actually transporting the guests from one part of Hawaii to another. I other words, they were on vacation and were changing destinations. Rather than take a car or other means of transportation, the five of them used a charter boat to get there. This would explain why they had all their luggage with them.

If we are also taking cartoons into account then let me add Transformers.

Even poor little me back in the 80's found himself quite amazed by how incompetent and plain stupid those robots all were. (especially the Decepticons)

Well, i guess that's part of the charm of the 80's cartoons, that silly, over the top, quality to them.

Battlestar Galactica (Reboot)

It looked phenomenal, and the acting was always great in my book. But if you sat down and really WATCHED it, nothing really made sense. I mean, what the hell was Kara in the end? And why is the key to Earth 'All Along the Watchtower' (other than the fact it's a great song)? And why was Tori boxed to begin with? Seems like she would have gotten on well with Cavil.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    STEVE: I promised to keep it a secret. If I can't trust you two...
    OSCAR: You know you can.
    STEVE: You're not gonna believe it. ...In the California mountains, there's a colony of aliens. Explorers from deep space.
    OSCAR: Space people? ...In the mountains? ...Where?
    STEVE: I don't know exactly. They've been here for 250 years*. They also control the Sasquatch.
    OSCAR: Bigfoot?
    STEVE: ..... I told you you wouldn't believe it.
    JAIME: (Bionic-Listening outside door ...she raises an eyebrow.)

My 10yo brain: Ahhh? I guess, we just gonna pretend this all makes perfect sense!?

*also the whole moving through time-displacement element yet his bionics can detect them, he doesn't even begin to address here, and you just had to roll with.
    ...and later still, that was made into a Venture Brothers episode.

Did the Million Dollar Man actually deal with Big Foot, or was it just him recounting a story?

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post

Did the Million Dollar Man actually deal with Big Foot, or was it just him recounting a story?
    Did he "actually deal with Big Foot"?
    Yes, they fight a few times, until $6M rips off Bionic Bigfoot's arm. . Played by Andre the Giant.
    Then $6M is captured and learns the "truth". LOL!
    Bigfoot/Sasquatch is a cyborg "Nyosynthetic" based on primitive life, built by ancient Aliens (moving through accelerated time) stranded on earth, he was built to protect them, and also abduct certain humans for investigation.
    Although they become friends when they find out the truth(they are dying), and $6M helps them survive.

In the follow up, Return of Bionic Bigfoot, (this time played by Ted Cassidy) he is turned evil by a renegade group of the Aliens, who want to (not hide there) but take over earth. Bigfoot crushes $6M legs, so Bionic Woman comes to help, (or rather the episode continues in her series) , and this time she befriends Bigfoot and the aliens, ....spoiler form over 40 yeago, ..... who sacrifices himself to save them both! ...

But no, he survives, and gets a big bionic hug from Jaime in the end!

Last edited by Güicho; 01-27-2024 at 07:49 AM.

Astonishing Member

I loved "Buffy" and Buffy with Angel, but let's ignore that he's a hundred year old man puttin' moves on a teenage girl. (and I'm not counting his time as a soulless vamp)
    I think that's why the show broke them up, Angel getting lecture by Joyce really put a nail in that relationship.

Smallville

This probaly is just a lack of knowledge on my part. How come Kara was put into suspended animation for the 3 years flight to earth(Before landing in water and being stuck in it for almost 2 decades) but Clark wasn't. He left a tiny baby and arrived as a toddler who can walk and wave and ****?

Also Kryptonite was highly inconsistent on that show. Some times it just weekend him and made him feel sick. Other times he fell to the floor like he was tasered and it seemed like he was dying. Never knew how it really effected him.

Also if a ship travels 3 years would that much Debris from Krypton really be on the same path as those ships. The smallest change in trajectory would make it miss by a huge distance. So unless his ship was somehow pulling all those meteorites I found it weird that much Kryptonite ended up on earth. On that show it wasn't the least bit rare.

Beauty and the Beast not a TV show but That lady committed beastiality. If he didn't turn human again and lived forever as a beast.. would she still have been down?
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 10-27-2020 at 11:17 PM.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    I think that's why the show broke them up, Angel getting lecture by Joyce really put a nail in that relationship.
    And then Mayor Wilkins, spelling it out for them, even without the statutory issues: "You're immortal. She isn't."
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Indian Ink View Post
    Keeping with 'Bewitched'. Why didn't Darrin Stephens start his own agency? They were never going to make him partner at McMann and Tate, and he was always the one with all the ideas.
    Yes, I don't know how many times he was going to start his own agency only to have Samantha get him and Larry to work things out because they were such good friends. Er, what?
    Power with Girl is better.

Quantum Leap. They should have just said Sam mind switches with people instead of literally switching places but hologram disguises him even when he's bigger than the person he switches places with.
    Power with Girl is better.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Smallville

This probaly is just a lack of knowledge on my part. How come Kara was put into suspended animation for the 3 years flight to earth(Before landing in water and being stuck in it for almost 2 decades) but Clark wasn't. He left a tiny baby and arrived as a toddler who can walk and wave and ****?

Also Kryptonite was highly inconsistent on that show. Some times it just weekend him and made him feel sick. Other times he fell to the floor like he was tasered and it seemed like he was dying. Never knew how it really effected him.

Also if a ship travels 3 years would that much Debris from Krypton really be on the same path as those ships. The smallest change in trajectory would make it miss by a huge distance. So unless his ship was somehow pulling all those meteorites I found it weird that much Kryptonite ended up on earth. On that show it wasn't the least bit rare.

Beauty and the Beast not a TV show but That lady committed beastiality. If he didn't turn human again and lived forever as a beast.. would she still have been down?
    I'm guessing that it was because since she wasn't a baby she would have gone crazy being awake the whole time or gotten bored, so sleeping her way through was the easiest way, also most energy efficient way as well since little food and water and such would be needed by someone that was sleeping, then she crashed on Earth and time went on...

Perhaps Darren didn't start his own agency because it was cheaper if he didn't, they wouldn't have had to create an entirely new office and such and all of that...

It happens with all the vampires and humans love stories. Dawn's character raises more questions beyond basic understanding.

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    The problem with "Dawson Casting" in general
    Or Elena's countless Doublegangers