Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Extraordinary Member

Default TV shows you loved but still raised many, many questions

What tv shows did you (or do you) love in spite of the fact that a lot of things didn't make much sense?

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Lost Girl
    Downton Abbey
    Game of Thrones
    Star Trek TOS

The Banana Splits

Extraordinary Member

Gilligan's Island

If the Professor can make a ___________ out of a coconut, why can't he build a boat to get them off the island.

And that was just the beginning of the floodgate of questions about that wonderful show.

I loved "Buffy" and Buffy with Angel, but let's ignore that he's a hundred year old man puttin' moves on a teenage girl. (and I'm not counting his time as a soulless vamp)

Ultimate Member

Killjoys.

Loved the actors.

Didn't much care for the plots/mythos

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I loved "Buffy" and Buffy with Angel, but let's ignore that he's a hundred year old man puttin' moves on a teenage girl. (and I'm not counting his time as a soulless vamp)
    Same for the Salvatore brothers and Elena on The Vampire Diaries

Samantha the three hundred and ninety year old witch putting up with Darrin, a thirtyish chauvinist, but still beta male.

Though, that has been thing with vampires ever since the original Dracula. At least Angel-Buffy is not as creepy as Twilight, where Edward blatantly stalks her in very obsessive fashion. Also, Angel in turn was made into vampire by Darla who was like 200 years old at that point.

About the topic, two very obvious choices:
    Sapphire and Steel
    Lost

Astonishing Member

I think that's why the show broke them up, Angel getting lecture by Joyce really put a nail in that relationship.

It happens with all the vampires and humans love stories. Dawn's character raises more questions beyond basic understanding.

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    The problem with "Dawson Casting" in general
    Or Elena's countless Doublegangers

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    Gilligan's Island

If the Professor can make a ___________ out of a coconut, why can't he build a boat to get them off the island.

And that was just the beginning of the floodgate of questions about that wonderful show.
    And on the same subject of Gilligan's Island:

- how much wardrobe did the Howell's bring along for their supposed 3 hour tour?
    - how much wardrobe did Ginger and Mary Ann bring?
    - and finally did Gilligan, Skipper and the Professor wear the same clothes the whole time?

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mace Dolex View Post
    And on the same subject of Gilligan's Island:

- how much wardrobe did the Howell's bring along for their supposed 3 hour tour?
    - how much wardrobe did Ginger and Mary Ann bring?
    - and finally did Gilligan, Skipper and the Professor wear the same clothes the whole time?
    Ginger made herself at least one or two dresses from the sails and canvass of the Minnow (they even had the boat's name stencilled on them).

She might have also made some clothes for Mary Ann. And in a couple of episodes trunks washed up in the lagoon that had costumes and stuff in them... they could have altered some of that for new clothing. Skipper, Gilligan and the Professor did seem to wear the same clothes every day.

Can't explain why the Howells had so many luxury items, and the Professor so many books. You could explain Skipper and Gilligan having more stuff because the Minnow would practically have been their home... but ironically they seemed to have the least amount of possessions.