Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 30
  1. #1
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    2,121

    Default TV shows you loved but still raised many, many questions

    What tv shows did you (or do you) love in spite of the fact that a lot of things didn't make much sense?

  2. #2
    Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    4,375

    Default

    Lost Girl
    Downton Abbey
    Game of Thrones
    Star Trek TOS
    Make America Good Again.

  3. #3
    Ultimate Member numberthirty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    19,776

    Default

    The Banana Splits

  4. #4
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    2,121

    Default

    Gilligan's Island

    If the Professor can make a ___________ out of a coconut, why can't he build a boat to get them off the island.

    And that was just the beginning of the floodgate of questions about that wonderful show.

  5. #5
    Extraordinary Member j9ac9k's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,252

    Default

    I loved "Buffy" and Buffy with Angel, but let's ignore that he's a hundred year old man puttin' moves on a teenage girl. (and I'm not counting his time as a soulless vamp)

  6. #6
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,370

    Default

    Killjoys.

    Loved the actors.

    Didn't much care for the plots/mythos

  7. #7
    Astonishing Member ChrisIII's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,498

    Default

    Neon Genesis Evangelion and the X-files.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

    https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

  8. #8
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    2,121

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I loved "Buffy" and Buffy with Angel, but let's ignore that he's a hundred year old man puttin' moves on a teenage girl. (and I'm not counting his time as a soulless vamp)
    Same for the Salvatore brothers and Elena on The Vampire Diaries

  9. #9
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    2,138

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I loved "Buffy" and Buffy with Angel, but let's ignore that he's a hundred year old man puttin' moves on a teenage girl. (and I'm not counting his time as a soulless vamp)
    Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    Same for the Salvatore brothers and Elena on The Vampire Diaries
    The problem with "Dawson Casting" in general

  10. #10
    Fantastic Member Indian Ink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    377

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I loved "Buffy" and Buffy with Angel, but let's ignore that he's a hundred year old man puttin' moves on a teenage girl. (and I'm not counting his time as a soulless vamp)
    Samantha the three hundred and ninety year old witch putting up with Darrin, a thirtyish chauvinist, but still beta male.

  11. #11
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    2,121

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Indian Ink View Post
    Samantha the three hundred and ninety year old witch putting up with Darrin, a thirtyish chauvinist, but still beta male.
    And her not noticing after 5 years of marriage that he looks like a completely different person.

  12. #12
    Fantastic Member Indian Ink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    377

    Default

    Keeping with 'Bewitched'. Why didn't Darrin Stephens start his own agency? They were never going to make him partner at McMann and Tate, and he was always the one with all the ideas.

  13. #13
    Fantastic Member Indian Ink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    377

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    And her not noticing after 5 years of marriage that he looks like a completely different person.
    That did my head in as a kid

  14. #14
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    449

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    Gilligan's Island

    If the Professor can make a ___________ out of a coconut, why can't he build a boat to get them off the island.

    And that was just the beginning of the floodgate of questions about that wonderful show.
    And on the same subject of Gilligan's Island:

    - how much wardrobe did the Howell's bring along for their supposed 3 hour tour?
    - how much wardrobe did Ginger and Mary Ann bring?
    - and finally did Gilligan, Skipper and the Professor wear the same clothes the whole time?

  15. #15
    Silver Sentinel BeastieRunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    West Coast, USA
    Posts
    10,691

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Neon Genesis Evangelion and the X-files.
    You are my new best friend.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •