• negatively informs my reading experience

5 6.49%
  • I like bananas

32 41.56%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Looking at the DC fandom

I wanted to try and get a good breakdown of the demographic makeup of the DC fandom on these boards. I'm sure we've done these kinds of survey try threads before, but I wanted to see what's the shakedown right now. so the poll is multiple choice and it breaks down into 4 parts

- Under 35

why 35? no clue! felt right

race:
    - Black
    - Latino
    - Native/First Nations
    - Asian
    - White

I know grooooan....or yaaay...wherever you fall, I feel you

- Female

and how you feel any or all these affect your reading experience:
    - doesn't affect
    - positively informs
    - negatively informs

obviously, this is a thread for discussion so, you feel free to elaborate on your selections, discuss your opinions on the topic, or what have you. or you could let the thread die or whatever. *shrugs* thought it'd be interesting tho
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 10-20-2020 at 07:15 PM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Black
    Male
    Under 35

Yeah it definitely has affected my reading preferences and experiences in fandom.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Black
    Male
    Under 35

Yeah it definitely has affected my reading preferences and experiences in fandom.
    how would you say it's affected your fandom experience? I feel in terms of fandom, for me personally, it rarely informs my interactions in a particularly positive way; more so negative or it doesn't at all.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

White
    Male
    Under 35

I'm not sure if it's effected my fandom, but I try and be conscious of the fact that there are story concepts or characters that might appeal to people of different backgrounds in a deeper and more significant extent than it does to me.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    how would you say it's affected your fandom experience? I feel in terms of fandom, for me personally, it rarely informs my interactions in a particularly positive way; more so negative or it doesn't at all.
    From a relatively young age I was drawn to stuff featuring more diverse heroes; reruns of the the X-Men cartoon, Static Shock, Justice League and Teen Titans all played a big part in how I got into DC and broader Marvel (I was always into Spider-Man, but not much else).

Exclamation

Latino/White/First Nations/Other (I'm a mix of a lot of things lol)
    Male
    Under 35 (borderline)

I'm not sure how it affects my fandom.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

I like my bananas in a sandwich with some caramel

Retired

I hate bananas. My mother fed me bananas when I was very small and I became deathly ill. Since then I have never eaten them (intentionally). If I come near them just the smell makes me sick to my stomach. Sometimes, someone has given me something with banana in it by mistake and I had to hurl it back up. I can't have bananas anywhere near to me and when I buy food at the supermarket, I get very nervous when someone else's bunch of bananas comes near to my purchases on the belt. They are my kryptonite.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I hate bananas. My mother fed me bananas when I was very small and I became deathly ill. Since then I have never eaten them (intentionally). If I come near them just the smell makes me sick to my stomach. Sometimes, someone has given me something with banana in it by mistake and I had to hurl it back up. I can't have bananas anywhere near to me and when I buy food at the supermarket, I get very nervous when someone else's bunch of bananas comes near to my purchases on the belt. They are my kryptonite.

I really wish there was an I hate bananas option. Democracy has failed today.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?