Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Round peg, square hole.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I liked Maps a lot from what I've read of Gotham Academy. But I'd rather she not.

Batman needs less foot soldiers in general, and more so I'd fear what would happen to her if they decide to get rid of her.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    I think she's awesome, but I'd rather keep her with her own crew (with Damian visiting, but not overpowering them - they, as as group, should not revolve around him). I definitely am not intererested in her forming more that very casual connections to rest of the Batcrew. I wouldn't mind her meeting Jon (kid!Jon), Kathy, and Maya, though.

I especially don't want her fail in her missions or fall into the angst-pit so many heroes frequent. She should be upbeat 95% of the time.
    Suren and Colin too!
    "Everything doesn't have to be about fear. There's room in our line of work for hope, too"- Stephanie Brown, Batgirl Vol 3 #5

"Quit? Like hell I will"- Bette Kane, Beast Boy #3

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by siegeperilous02 View Post
    i liked maps a lot from what i've read of gotham academy. But i'd rather she not.

Batman needs less foot soldiers in general, and more so i'd fear what would happen to her if they decide to get rid of her.
    stop calling them footsoldiers!
    "Everything doesn't have to be about fear. There's room in our line of work for hope, too"- Stephanie Brown, Batgirl Vol 3 #5

Quote Originally Posted by Tsukiakari1203 View Post
    Suren and Colin too!
    I like Suren, but Colin didn't make much impression on me. The storylines he was present in were ones I didn't enjoy. I mean, I don't object to him, I just don't care if we ever see him again. Even if he was the first friend.

To be fair they are replaceable foot soldiers aside from Dick and Babs

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    I like Suren, but Colin didn't make much impression on me. The storylines he was present in were ones I didn't enjoy. I mean, I don't object to him, I just don't care if we ever see him again. Even if he was the first friend.
    I'd say Colin was more of a fleshed out character than Suren. Colin is also unique as a DC Hulk type

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    I'd say Colin was more of a fleshed out character than Suren. Colin is also unique as a DC Hulk type
    Unique and "a Hulk Type" don't exactly go together, IMO. I'll grant Suren was a old story, too (evil dad who doesn't care), but I just enjoyed the story/run he was in more, and thus enjoyed the character more.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

If DC's treating it like a Bat-army, I'm calling it the way I see it.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    If DC's treating it like a Bat-army, I'm calling it the way I see it.
    that's fair. I hate DC's handling of the Batfamily. I just want Bette Kane back

Incredible Member

I just want Damian's friends (Nell, Kathy, Suren, Colin, Maya, Maps, Jon, Carrie) back

The issue is due out this coming Tuesday.

BATMAN BLACK & WHITE #4
    Gotham City’s past, present and future all come together to haunt the Dark Knight in exhilarating new stories from some of comics’ most noted luminaries as Batman Black & White continues!

• Eisner Award-winning writer Chip Zdarsky (Daredevil, Stillwater) and fan-favorite artist Nick Bradshaw (Wolverine & the X-Men, Spidey) team up for a story that brings Poison Ivy to the front door of Wayne Manor to demand ecological responsibility from Bruce Wayne!

• Superstar writer Joshua Williamson (The Flash, Batman/Superman, Justice League vs. Suicide Squad) pairs with superstar artist Riley Rossmo (Harley Quinn, Dark Nights: Death Metal: Robin King, Martian Manhunter) for a horrific night in Gotham as a new villain emerges, as seen through the eyes of Batman himself.

• Eisner Award-winning writer/artist Becky Cloonan (Wonder Woman, Gotham Academy) concocts a murder mystery for Batman to solve set at a circus, featuring art by legendary artist Terry Dodson (Wonder Woman, X-Men, Adventureman).

• Red-hot cartoonist Daniel Warren Johnson puts Batman at the mercy of Two-Face. Batman will have to remember the words of Alfred Pennyworth if he’s going to make it through this ordeal alive.

• Karl Kerschl, artist of Gotham Academy, writes and draws a tale of Batman investigating the occult mysteries of Gotham City’s past with his new Robin...Gotham Academy’s Maps Mizoguchi?!

Art by: Terry Dodson, Daniel Warren Johnson, Riley Rossmo, Nick Bradshaw
    Written by: Karl Kerschl, Becky Cloonan, Daniel Warren Johnson, Joshua Williamson, Chip Zdarsky
    U.S. cover Price: $5.99
    On Sale Date: Mar 23 2021
    https://www.dccomics.com/comics/batm...-black-white-4

I wouldn't be against it but seeing as how precious little the batfamily has done for anyone that's not a Bruce lookalike or Barbara in recent years, I'd rather more heroes simply be Gotham based doing their own thing over being shackled to the Batfamily aimlessly.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

I like Maps but i'm not sure how well she would work as a main Robin. Her personality is so friendly and bubbly it would be pretty jarring in certain Batman stories. Also im pretty sure she actually has a family so Bruce taking her in doesn't really work.

I actually think Olive would work better as a sidekick to Bruce. I could really see her Pyrokinesis powers based on her emotional state being a really interesting story beat. Bruce obviously has a soft spot for her and took time to check up on her at Gotham Academy. Not to mention the fact her mum developed into the emotionally unstable supervillain Calamity so he could justify it in helping her harness her fire powers for good. Frankly makes more sense in universe and then could have maps feature as a friend desperate to be involved who Bruce eventually just accepts cause she wont take no for an answer.

Not to mention the fact her mum developed into the emotionally unstable supervillain Calamity so he could justify it in helping her harness her fire powers for good.
    Her mom (and indeed, a long list of her ancestors) were possessed by the spirit of Amity Arkham and she is the one that made them do what they did (or more accurately, she used their bodies as a conduit to commit those actions). Olive's friends vanquished Amity. Therefore there is no reason that Olive's powers would need harnessing for good, nor would Bruce have ever had any particular ability to do so, anyway. Olive already has found-family looking after her.

I love Gotham Academy kids (though Map is my absolute favorite). But they do not need to be hanging around with Bruce. I would love to see them again, but if we do, I really hope they remember those were Amity's powers, not Olive's and that Olive should be both not having mental issues (I mean, hallucination/craziness issues - I can understand emotional fallout from all that happened to her) and should not have powers. And don't bring Amity back - that don't repeat the same storyline like they do with so many characters. Keeping Gotham Academy the team that won - Amity is gone forever. Give them new challenges. And it's kind of important to me that they remember the Mizoguchi parents are awesome.
    Last edited by Tzigone; 03-21-2021 at 05:04 PM.