Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Question Thoughts on Maps from Gotham Academy joining the Batfamily?

december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

I think she's awesome, but I'd rather keep her with her own crew (with Damian visiting, but not overpowering them - they, as as group, should not revolve around him). I definitely am not intererested in her forming more that very casual connections to rest of the Batcrew. I wouldn't mind her meeting Jon (kid!Jon), Kathy, and Maya, though.

I especially don't want her fail in her missions or fall into the angst-pit so many heroes frequent. She should be upbeat 95% of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    I think she's awesome, but I'd rather keep her with her own crew (with Damian visiting, but not overpowering them - they, as as group, should not revolve around him). I definitely am not intererested in her forming more that very casual connections to rest of the Batcrew. I wouldn't mind her meeting Jon (kid!Jon), Kathy, and Maya, though.

I especially don't want her fail in her missions or fall into the angst-pit so many heroes frequent. She should be upbeat 95% of the time.
    Agreed, angst would make her OOC
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Oh I already count her, but technically, no, I prefer her growing up to make her own team with firestarter Olive Silverlock if she still has her power and the runaway Damian.

Is Black & White an AU? This seems like too big of a development to happen in a satellite book instead of Batman or Detective.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Pointless with out Damian

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Is Black & White an AU? This seems like too big of a development to happen in a satellite book instead of Batman or Detective.
    Feel like these kinds of prestige anthology projects are almost always out of continuity.

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

All I can think is I am very very worry for her. And does his brother know and allow her?

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post

^All of this^

Maps is better off in her own personal space, separate from the non-stop melodrama that is the Batfamily. That's just not the kind of character she is. She's perfectly fine as just a friend that Damian occasionally teams up with.

Maps is great, but she fits better with the Gotham Academy kids than she would with the actual Batfamily.

Astonishing Member

I'm just stoked to see any of the Academy students show up. It's been too long! That book rocked.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

I really like Maps but I agree with other posters who say it's pointless without Damian. Also the Batfamily is way, way too big as it is.

Yes! Anything for more Maps! Make her Robin, make her Batman, clone her and make her every single JL member I don't care!

In conclusion if there's more Maps it's all good.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

In the main Universe no if it's an elseworld sure. We've already had a Starfish as Robin so it's all good

No, thanks. Maps worked in the context of Gotham Academy and I have no wish to see her elsewhere. I miss that title as a whole because it was more than the mere sum of its parts. Maps being transplanted to the wider Batman family would feel like taking a piece out of a puzzle and trying to make it fit in the hole of a completely different puzzle with the help of a hammer.