Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    Her mom (and indeed, a long list of her ancestors) were possessed by the spirit of Amity Arkham and she is the one that made them do what they did (or more accurately, she used their bodies as a conduit to commit those actions). Olive's friends vanquished Amity. Therefore there is no reason that Olive's powers would need harnessing for good, nor would Bruce have ever had any particular ability to do so, anyway. Olive already has found-family looking after her.

I love Gotham Academy kids (though Map is my absolute favorite). But they do not need to be hanging around with Bruce. I would love to see them again, but if we do, I really hope they remember those were Amity's powers, not Olive's and that Olive should be both not having mental issues (I mean, hallucination/craziness issues - I can understand emotional fallout from all that happened to her) and should not have powers. And don't bring Amity back - that don't repeat the same storyline like they do with so many characters. Keeping Gotham Academy the team that won - Amity is gone forever. Give them new challenges. And it's kind of important to me that they remember the Mizoguchi parents are awesome.
    Not gonna lie I completely forget they banished her for good! Though I do think it is probably only a matter of time before they return (assuming Olive appears again which I hope she will)

I think you are right! They probably do work best doing there own thing! Neither character would work all that well under Bruce I dont think - though I stand by Olive having more storytelling potential.

I'd be interested in a Maps ongoing or mini or 100 page special or one shot or YA GN or book of poems and limericks or coloring book or novel or novella or motion comic or set of fridge magnets or deck of playing cards or line of soaps or special deli meats and cheese pairings or...

What I'm saying is put the merch out and I'll put my money on it.

It should be a one-off thing. Granted if We Are Robin was still active you could have Maps be a supporter. She could be used to explore how youth groups expand etc.

Extraordinary Member

Maps returns in the Batman #119 backup, written and drawn by Karl Kerschl

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post

WOW... I miss her.

Thanks FOR THE INFORMATION.

Astonishing Member

Williamson mentioned Maps among characters he wants to bring back for Robin, so maybe it's some sort of set-up for her appearance there.

I like it, but whoever wrote that messed up and got it wrong. Somehow they mistakenly took Maps' story to be the backup...

Damn . . . I may have to buy this!

The only Batman Black & White issue I bought was the one with Maps.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

YES. Dang right!

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    Williamson mentioned Maps among characters he wants to bring back for Robin, so maybe it's some sort of set-up for her appearance there.
    Woohoo! And Cloonan is writing Batgirls, so hopefully a chance there too!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Awesome .
    Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    I did not know that.

Extraordinary Member

this would be a bad time
    with bruce loss of his fortune and alfred dead he cant realy take new underage memebers at the moment

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    this would be a bad time
    with bruce loss of his fortune and alfred dead he cant realy take new underage memebers at the moment
    I guess it's an elseworld / out of continuity story. Bruce is traveling outside of Gotham, and Williamson teased that Damian would join him, so it's unlikely Maps would be a Robin or a protege.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lal View Post
    I guess it's an elseworld / out of continuity story. Bruce is traveling outside of Gotham, and Williamson teased that Damian would join him, so it's unlikely Maps would be a Robin or a protege.
    Per Kerschl's newsletter this story will run in the backups of Batman #119-#121 and be in continuity.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    this would be a bad time
    If one underage kid dying on his watch didn't dent his urge for endangering minors then No Alfred and being a mere millionaire isn't about to.

There never a good time to fight crime with brightly costumed minors Bruce needs an intervention.

Also is it my imagination or does it seem like the more the Batfamily expands the more conditions worsen for the citizens of Gotham?

How many times has the city been taken over since new 52?

Astonishing Member

Per Kerschl's newsletter this story will run in the backups of Batman #119-#121 and be in continuity.
    Maybe it's set up for some series. I hope so, at least.