Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Maps returns in the Batman #119 backup, written and drawn by Karl Kerschl

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    Williamson mentioned Maps among characters he wants to bring back for Robin, so maybe it's some sort of set-up for her appearance there.
    Writer Becky Cloonan and editor Jess Chen were cackling on Twitter when Tom King asked if Maps will show up in Batgirls. I thought it was such a random question that they answered with a tease but now it makes sense.

When Tynion said he wants to use all Bat-family, maybe he actually did mean all of them.
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 09-20-2021 at 06:16 AM.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Writer Becky Cloonan and editor Jess Chen were cackling on Twitter when Tom King asked if Maps will show up in Batgirls. I thought it was such a random question that they answered with a tease but now it makes sense.

When Tynion said he wants to use all Bat-family, maybe he actually did mean all of them.
    Eh, I don't think Tynion has much to do with it; he hasn't used the Batfamily well on Batman thus far so I don't expect him to now. But Cloonan and Williamson? Them I believe and I can't wait for more Maps!
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Eh, I don't think Tynion has much to do with it; he hasn't used the Batfamily well on Batman thus far so I don't expect him to now. But Cloonan and Williamson? Them I believe and I can't wait for more Maps!
    But hasn't Tynion since said he had wanted to use more past Bat-characters? The reason he introduced so many new characters was because of all the roadblocks he faced from higher ups over past characters? (Or something like that?)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    Maybe it's set up for some series. I hope so, at least.
    Maybe we'll get some appearances in the Batgirls book since Cloonan is writing it but really doubt this is setting up Gotham Academy 2.0 or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    But hasn't Tynion since said he had wanted to use more past Bat-characters? The reason he introduced so many new characters was because of all the roadblocks he faced from higher ups over past characters? (Or something like that?)
    I'm not sure I buy that
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Maybe we'll get some appearances in the Batgirls book since Cloonan is writing it but really doubt this is setting up Gotham Academy 2.0 or whatever.
    It's not necessary Gotham Academy. For example, they might launch some new teenage team, while Titans are busy with that Academy crap, and Maps might be a part of it. Or maybe she will be supporting character in Robin, since Williamson mentioned her as well, when he brought a list of characters he wants to use there.

Once the current tournament arc ends, Robin will probably need a mostly new cast, except for Damian himself, Ravager, and Flatline. Makes sense that he'd reconnect with other old friends like Maps.

Also, Maps is already a Robin, that happened in her last appearance, in Batman Black and White. The only thing we don't know is whether it's main continuity, or an AU like Carrie Kelly.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

That looks amazing!

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Lovely art work. Maps as Robin for an AU is great, Maps as a superhero, eh....I would rather have her as a ally to the group and more of an oracle like character that works with them rather then directly doing the fighting and such.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    Lovely art work. Maps as Robin for an AU is great, Maps as a superhero, eh....I would rather have her as a ally to the group and more of an oracle like character that works with them rather then directly doing the fighting and such.
    I'm guessing it will be more like that story that was in Batman Black and White #4 recently and not necessarily "in regular continuity".

There's another cute Asian female Robin. I don't know her name but I came across her a while ago. She predates Maps. I'm more interested in her.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    There's another cute Asian female Robin. I don't know her name but I came across her a while ago. She predates Maps. I'm more interested in her.
    Batman and The World or whatever it's called? The one with international authors?

Batman and The World or whatever it's called? The one with international authors?
    But since Maps first appeared in Gotham Academy #1 (cover-dated December 2014), that wouldn't fit the "She predates Maps" part.
    (Unless you're talking about Maps as Robin, who showed up in Batman Black & White #4, cover-dated May 2021.)

No I'm talking about Riko