Spectacular Member

Default Storm Shadow vs Ozymandias

Composite SS and Ozy.

Standard gear for both, and they fight on a Hell's Kitchen rooftop during the day. Win is by KO, and the starting distance is 20 meters.

Storm Shadow in the old schoo GI Joe conics fights Snake Eyes as a equal.

He has dismantled tanks with his bare hands and Snake Eyes runs through hail of machine gun bullets, untouched.

It’s is screwed in a stand up fight.

I vote Storm Shadow. Not because i'm biased and i am, but he has alomost 40 years of feats, and fights Snake Eyes who is a bullet timer.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Storm Shadow have any Bullet-time feats of their own? I'm asking because Rumbles has sort of a rule about not just handing off superspeed to people because they fought someone who is a bullet-timer.

I've got no opinion otherwise on the fight, but this part seems rather important.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Storm Shadow have any Bullet-time feats of their own? I'm asking because Rumbles has sort of a rule about not just handing off superspeed to people because they fought someone who is a bullet-timer.

I've got no opinion otherwise on the fight, but this part seems rather important.
    In Snake Eyes origin story it was Storm shadow who saved him and carried his body while doing the bullet dodging speed thing.

Guy was taught by the same guy that taught Snake Eyes to be a ninja so it makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    In Snake Eyes origin story it was Storm shadow who saved him and carried his body while doing the bullet dodging speed thing.
    We have any scans for that? I mean, Dick Grayson dodges and flips his way through a hail of bullets while suffering from a high-temp fever, and he's no bullet-timer.

Guy was taught by the same guy that taught Snake Eyes to be a ninja so it makes sense.
    I get that. It's just that on Rumbles we don't tend to take things like that as evidence.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Found a respect thread on Storm Shadow and Snake Eyes from the GI Joe comics.

Couple of feats of obvious metahuman speed - cutting a dude's clothes off while he's mid swing, one instance of cutting a bullet out of the air, couple of examples of apparent invisible blitzing of multiple opponents, cutting multiple arrows out of the air in flight.

Based on what I saw there, I'd throw him at about that Shiva-ish level of possible BT but without the feats to back it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Found a respect thread on Storm Shadow and Snake Eyes from the GI Joe comics.

Couple of feats of obvious metahuman speed - cutting a dude's clothes off while he's mid swing, one instance of cutting a bullet out of the air, couple of examples of apparent invisible blitzing of multiple opponents, cutting multiple arrows out of the air in flight.

Based on what I saw there, I'd throw him at about that Shiva-ish level of possible BT but without the feats to back it up.
    Yay, feats!

Sounds like the guy has some kind of speed going for him. ^_^
    Why are we here?

Spectacular Member

Kinda off-topic, but I saw this mentioned somewhere else and I wonder what you guys think;

Is it true Ozy's plan would've been ruined if the rest of the Watchmen were in better physical shape? If the Comedian hadn't retired early, Nite Owl wasn't chubby, and Rorschach wasn't malnourished, could any of them have beaten Adrian straight up? Would it have mattered since he is so much smarter than everyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Firefist Norrin View Post
    Kinda off-topic, but I saw this mentioned somewhere else and I wonder what you guys think;

Is it true Ozy's plan would've been ruined if the rest of the Watchmen were in better physical shape? If the Comedian hadn't retired early, Nite Owl wasn't chubby, and Rorschach wasn't malnourished, could any of them have beaten Adrian straight up? Would it have mattered since he is so much smarter than everyone?
    Maybe the Comedian, but I don't really see Nite Owl and Rorschach winning. Veidt was just a better fighter than them. They'd have done better but I'm not sure if they would've won.

Comedian might've pulled it off if he was still in his prime though.

Of course, it ultimately comes down to if Dr.M decides whether or not to get off his lazy blue butt.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefist Norrin View Post

The issue with Comedian was, he found out already, so heart broken by it and not in his prime, why he lost.

Also Ozzy’s plan already happened a good deal ago before Rorschach/Nite Oel got the clues to go to the South Pole.

Dr Manhattan did not know because Ozzy had a radiation machine faking out his sight thinking atomic fallout took place.

It is not a “ It came to a fist fight” Ozzy our played everyone to the point by the time the heroes acted, it was way too late and his plan made world peace by a lie.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    It is not a “ It came to a fist fight” Ozzy our played everyone to the point by the time the heroes acted, it was way too late and his plan made world peace by a lie.
    Yes, of course.

I remember way back in the old board where someone had posted a scan of Snake-Eyes blocking and redirecting a hail of bullets with his sword. Don't know how consistent that is though.

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    I remember way back in the old board where someone had posted a scan of Snake-Eyes blocking and redirecting a hail of bullets with his sword. Don't know how consistent that is though.
    Apparently Snake-Eyes was worked out as a pretty solid bullet-timer (I recall there were, surprise surprise, Snake-Eyes versus Cassandra Cain threads).
    Why are we here?