Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default I Need Captain America to Meet Dr. Doom

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I can’t recall Cap clashing with Doom since Secret Wars 2015. If that is so, I define the leader of the world as Captain America for all his virtues, and with Dr Doom now approaching those virtues himself, I want to know is it possible Cap will relinquish the title of the most admirable person in the MU, and Doom may usurp that title to be the best prospect to be the worlds leader. I want Cap to meet Doom to see what they make of each other.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    Correct me if I’m wrong, but I can’t recall Cap clashing with Doom since Secret Wars 2015.
    I think you mean Secret Wars 1984. Cap didn't have a big role in Secret Wars 2015, in fact I don't believe he even showed up in the main event (unless I am mistaken).

If that is so, I define the leader of the world as Captain America for all his virtues, and with Dr Doom now approaching those virtues himself, I want to know is it possible Cap will relinquish the title of the most admirable person in the MU, and Doom may usurp that title to be the best prospect to be the worlds leader. I want Cap to meet Doom to see what they make of each other.
    This sentence makes literally no sense. I don't get what the meaning is.

anything is possible if it is written down.

Doom could never be universally loved long term his ego would get in the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    I think you mean Secret Wars 1984.
    Agreed. Truly an epic moment. Even the action figures got in on the action...

Avengers-wise he seems to mostly run into Iron Man (Who of course, is also armored), or fellow heads of state like Namor or Black Panther.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    I think you mean Secret Wars 1984. Cap didn't have a big role in Secret Wars 2015, in fact I don't believe he even showed up in the main event (unless I am mistaken).

This sentence makes literally no sense. I don't get what the meaning is.
    As Cap/Old Man Steve was dead by Secret Wars #1, having futilely engaged Superior Iron Man in a final duel to both their deaths out of spite and revenge for Iron Man's deception and betrayal of him even as their universe was collapsing around them in the final Incursion . . . you'd be about right.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    Correct me if I’m wrong, but I can’t recall Cap clashing with Doom since Secret Wars 2015. If that is so, I define the leader of the world as Captain America for all his virtues, and with Dr Doom now approaching those virtues himself, I want to know is it possible Cap will relinquish the title of the most admirable person in the MU, and Doom may usurp that title to be the best prospect to be the worlds leader. I want Cap to meet Doom to see what they make of each other.
    As for Doom being virtuous, the closest to that situation was right after Secret Wars 2015 when Reed gave him his face back. Then he decided to become Infamous Iron Man for a while until Mephisto scarred his face again. As for now, I don't think virtue is his strong point even though he mostly ressembles the warrior kings of the Middle Ages. Except for Namor, few heads of state in the MU take up arms themselves to fight their enemies. I think Doom would consider it his kingly duty and a virtue I suppose. He rarely ducks a fight.

Extraordinary Member

In Mark Waid’s first run, right before Heroes Reborn, they met up in Latveria in a pretty interesting way. Steve was banned from the United States, and made his way to Doom’s castle.

This would have been early to mid-1996.

No, not 1984, Since ANAD started.

Well, as for Dooms new status quo, he has been Starks protege’ all this time in ANAD, so there’s that, plus Doom is aiding in the problem of the Black Hole on the Moon in the Dr Doom series. So I am wondering why Dr Doom isn’t king of the world instead of Captain America, who is right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    In Mark Waid’s first run, right before Heroes Reborn, they met up in Latveria in a pretty interesting way. Steve was banned from the United States, and made his way to Doom’s castle.

This would have been early to mid-1996.
    Awesome! Thanks for the reminder! Captain America #453 would be the issue, to be exact...

I also remember them working together in Super-Villain Team-Up #10-12
    https://thevirtuesofcaptainamerica.c...ary-june-1977/

I wouldn't mind seeing a plot where there is sedition growing among the people in Latveria, and people paint Cap's shield symbol colors and wear red, white and blue. Does he blame Steve Rogers? Does Doom declare him as an outside agitator?

Don't forget this.

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Awesome! Thanks for the reminder! Captain America #453 would be the issue, to be exact...

I also remember them working together in Super-Villain Team-Up #10-12
    https://thevirtuesofcaptainamerica.c...ary-june-1977/

I like these encounters between Doom and Steve Rogers, that show respect for each other. I still would like to see them together in the current environment with Doom in his “redeemed” state. I like the “king of the world” crown sitting on both their heads and the conversation of what has to be done, and what needs to be done, running two different ways.

After reading SWORD #6, where Cap meets Doctor Doom, I see a respect from Steve Rogers towards Doom I never thought I would see. The casualness of their conversation, and the openness Steve allowed himself to tell Doom his history, tells me Doom has successfully convinced the leader of the Avengers that Victor is one of them.

Extraordinary Member

Amazing Spider-Man Vol 2 #50. Spidey helps Cap protect Doom from Latverian freedom fighters...can't have a foreign dignitary killed on U.S. soil....it is bad form

And then introduces MJ to Cap.