Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    hulk got crushed by a kid with glasses!
    Well, Harry Potter already laid that track.

I'd love to see anime... including original American productions following that template... become more mainstream in this country. I like most of the Pixney films but I'm getting kind of tired of every animated movie following the "plastic bathtub toy" style of animation and the Disney story formula.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    Well, Harry Potter already laid that track.

I'd love to see anime... including original American productions following that template... become more mainstream in this country. I like most of the Pixney films but I'm getting kind of tired of every animated movie following the "plastic bathtub toy" style of animation and the Disney story formula.
    You mean more mainstream in theatres? It's pretty popular when it comes to streaming right?
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    You mean more mainstream in theatres? It's pretty popular when it comes to streaming right?
    Yes, there are whole streaming channels devoted to it. And I guess that's probably a better venue for them to pursue than theatrical releases, though that's where the big money was, and (probably) will be again.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    Yes, there are whole streaming channels devoted to it. And I guess that's probably a better venue for them to pursue than theatrical releases, though that's where the big money was, and (probably) will be again.
    Netflix is getting crazy with anime lately and it looks like Marvel and Disney are jumping into it via Hulu.

Maybe we're about to see an anime boom?
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Netflix is getting crazy with anime lately and it looks like Marvel and Disney are jumping into it via Hulu.

Maybe we're about to see an anime boom?
    Maybe. The She-Ra reboot is one of my favorite animated series of all time, and I'm hardly in the anime target audience. Also enjoy a lot of the non-anime animation on Netflix, like Hilda and Disenchantment.

Saw the movie, though it was pretty good.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)