Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Can't wait to see this. Looks good, but I hope Black Widow does the same thing. Don't move back just release in theaters and on premier access.

It does look interesting. This time, seeming to delve more into Japanese-esque lore. And let's see; Young and spunky girl? Check. Fun animal companion? Check. Fantasy themed adventure? Check. Here's the newest Disney Princess too.

Looks fun. Interesting to see that Raya is leading a team of sorts instead of making the journey alone. Kinda feels like they're going for an Aladdin vibe, with the dialogue having a modern flavor.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

RT score of 96! It's getting great reviews as well! Many say the animation looks incredible on the big-screen! May have to go to the movies this weekend to see it!

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/ray...he_last_dragon

Definitely a must see for me. Might just go to the theater since I’ll be paying a lot less than $30. Lol.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I'm going to wait for it to be free on D+ to watch it.

Mighty Member

Default So, Kelly Marie Tran said,,,

Raya is gay. So, in the movie she has no love interest so she must be gay? There's straight singles all the time.

I don't think it was so much that she didn't have a love interest but that she felt her love interest was her female rival, if I'm understanding correctly?

I'm not sure how much subtext there is to that effect in the actual movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't think it was so much that she didn't have a love interest but that she felt her love interest was her female rival, if I'm understanding correctly?

I'm not sure how much subtext there is to that effect in the actual movie.
    There isn't much subtext if any in the movie but that said the people who want it never need much to begin with so they are going to run with it.

As for the movie overall is very solid movie, It has strong action for Disney animated movie and good overall story. It is about 7 or 8 for me. The only downside is that this should have been a TV show it waste ton of world building in this short format.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    There isn't much subtext if any in the movie but that said the people who want it never need much to begin with so they are going to run with it.

As for the movie overall is very solid movie, It has strong action for Disney animated movie and good overall story. It is about 7 or 8 for me. The only downside is that this should have been a TV show it waste ton of world building in this short format.
    Knowing Disney we'll get a TV show 2 or 3 years from now. Most of their animated films eventually make it to TV.

I’m going to have to wait until this cons out on dvd; for some reason, I can’t get Disney plus via my cable company.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Knowing Disney we'll get a TV show 2 or 3 years from now. Most of their animated films eventually make it to TV.
    Tangled: The Series was pretty great .

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    I may be more excited than my kids to see this.
    Apparently you were because this thing flopped. Which sums up the problem. Who was this for exactly?
    Disney has a formula, maybe they strayed a little too far from it?
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Apparently you were because this thing flopped. Which sums up the problem. Who was this for exactly?
    Disney has a formula, maybe they strayed a little too far from it?
    ?? What do you mean flopped? How many theaters or people are even going to movies? Are you talking about the streaming downloads?

Incredible Member Robotech Master's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    ?? What do you mean flopped? How many theaters or people are even going to movies? Are you talking about the streaming downloads?
    Maybe, I haven't seen whatever sources he may be talking about, but since streaming it on D+ costs money even if you have a subscription, I imagine the money it makes it would a combo of theater and families that paid the 30 bucks for the stream.