Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Raya And the last dragon

Teaser. (and no there is no 80s last dragon song!)

Looks fun, but I was distracted by how much she looked like Korra at the beginning, then how it seems they kinda ripped off Wonder Woman's theme. (or emulating at least)

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Looks fun, but I was distracted by how much she looked like Korra at the beginning, then how it seems they kinda ripped off Wonder Woman's theme. (or emulating at least)
    I thought she looked like Kitana from Mortal Kombat. Which is not an image you want a Disney character to conjure.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I thought she looked like Kitana from Mortal Kombat. Which is not an image you want a Disney character to conjure.
    Maybe for you ��

Looks fun. Hope Disney doesn't bait and switch us and just dump this on Disney+ like they do with everything else.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Looks like it'll be interesting, especially with the major time jump that seems to happen.

I hope the action choreography is up to snuff.

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Looks fun. Hope Disney doesn't bait and switch us and just dump this on Disney+ like they do with everything else.
    Uhm there is a pandemic going on,Disney isn't baiting and switching anything,All their business are hemorrhaging money cruiseships, themeparks ,movies,etc. They got do things to put money in their pockets and Onward,Artemis Fowl, Mulan, Soul,etc where clearly intend for theatrical releases but Apocalypse happened.

The trailer looks surprisingly interesting what is interesting for me this looks to be aimed at slightly older young audience than their normal animated movies.

Looks good. Moana was one of my favorite films of the last 10years and this is giving me Moana vibes.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    What bait and switch???

Anyway, it looks different than most previous Pixar films so it'll be interesting to see how it does.

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Anyway, it looks different than most previous Pixar films so it'll be interesting to see how it does.
    Well you'd expect that as it's not a Pixar film! But it does look a bit different from previous WDAS films too, apparently it's not a musical for starters?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Looks like it'll be interesting, especially with the major time jump that seems to happen.
    Opening scene is almost certainly a training session, her opponent is probably her dad or something. Note the same sword...Raya and her pangolin (whatever) are much older in subsesquent scenes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Opening scene is almost certainly a training session, her opponent is probably her dad or something. Note the same sword...Raya and her pangolin (whatever) are much older in subsesquent scenes.
    That would be interesting and make sense (the other opponent doesn't seem to be using a real sword). Wonder if the adult Raya material will be the bulk of the movie?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Looks good. Moana was one of my favorite films of the last 10years and this is giving me Moana vibes.
    Same here on both points. I'm excited for sure.

Wait, this is a remake?
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Wait, this is a remake?
    Where did you see that?

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Where did you see that?
    In the first post. vvv
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Teaser. (and no there is no 80s last dragon song!)
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium