Page 1 of 51 1234511 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default MCU X-Men to be called The Mutants? Gender neutral name

https://www.cbr.com/mcu-x-men-reboot...utants-report/

I have so many feelings about this but I am too tired to type. Not a good idea to change names.
    Last edited by Castle; 03-04-2021 at 06:39 PM.

It seems kind of boring.

It’s a working title. Stan Lee wanted to call the book “the mutants” before they decided on X-Men.

Retired

Given the etymology of "man" (from Proto-Indo-European "man-" meaning human being) that is the gender neutral word. But I know the court of public opinion has ruled that doesn't matter and I'm never going to win my case.

I think it's just the name of the movie I don't think they are renaming the xmen

three-time juror The Gold Stream's Avatar

x-mxn
    -------

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It seems kind of boring.
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    It’s a working title. Stan Lee wanted to call the book “the mutants” before they decided on X-Men.
    It's not a working title. it a weak title , additionally we have already had something like this in the 90s . Generation X and then there was Mutant X . those titles were more interesting

Please marvel just take a lesson from Christopher Nolan by calling a movie Batman Begins. since this is finally a hard hard hard reboot of X-Men and this is me ignoring Evan Peters QS is in Wandavsion.
    Last edited by Castle; 03-04-2021 at 07:30 PM.

"The Mutants" may just be the working name, not the real name for the movie. Movies often do that.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Given the etymology of "man" (from Proto-Indo-European "man-" meaning human being) that is the gender neutral word. But I know the court of public opinion has ruled that doesn't matter and I'm never going to win my case.
    they are trying to erase that but yeah, men has always been synonymous with human beings or the human race.

It would not have mattered here if disney really knows the comics. the female characters in xmen are more interesting than the males. Additionally the word mutants, though very iconic to xmen is not only used in x-men.

I'll be surprised if the title doesn't end up being something with an "X." (especially beginning with it - for cataloguing and branding reasons)

BANNED

If renaming X-Men turns out to be the worst thing about this movie, I think we can all consider it a win.

Xmen is a major brand. I mean when some one sees a member of the team they say oh that is an Xman. Even when they see Storm or Jean Grey they say "Hey that an Xman." Rebanding it and changing the name is dumb as Hell. But I wont be uptight about it. Too many people get uptight about dumb things.

But lets be honest we have all been waiting a long time to see the Xmen in the MCu so we will go see it even if the title is "Hey dont see this the movies sucks."
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

I kinda think that it's going to be hard to de-brand the "X-Men" name (although emphasizing the X-part in the branding might be a compromise of sorts). On the other hand, the content is more imprtant then the title, anyways.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

House of X

For all your X needs

Astonishing Member

Man can also be used in a gender neutral context. In other languages the word for "man" can also be a gender neutral person depending on context...you have like a super valuable trademark in X-Men, you should use it....