Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 25
  1. #1
    Astonishing Member Gaastra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,991

    Default Raya And the last dragon

    Teaser. (and no there is no 80s last dragon song!)


  2. #2
    Extraordinary Member j9ac9k's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,244

    Default

    Looks fun, but I was distracted by how much she looked like Korra at the beginning, then how it seems they kinda ripped off Wonder Woman's theme. (or emulating at least)

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    25,205

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Looks fun, but I was distracted by how much she looked like Korra at the beginning, then how it seems they kinda ripped off Wonder Woman's theme. (or emulating at least)
    I thought she looked like Kitana from Mortal Kombat. Which is not an image you want a Disney character to conjure.

  4. #4
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    2,767

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I thought she looked like Kitana from Mortal Kombat. Which is not an image you want a Disney character to conjure.
    Maybe for you ��

  5. #5
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    7,613

    Default

    Looks fun. Hope Disney doesn't bait and switch us and just dump this on Disney+ like they do with everything else.

  6. #6
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    57,083

    Default

    Looks like it'll be interesting, especially with the major time jump that seems to happen.

    I hope the action choreography is up to snuff.

  7. #7
    Astonishing Member Killerbee911's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    3,742

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Looks fun. Hope Disney doesn't bait and switch us and just dump this on Disney+ like they do with everything else.
    Uhm there is a pandemic going on,Disney isn't baiting and switching anything,All their business are hemorrhaging money cruiseships, themeparks ,movies,etc. They got do things to put money in their pockets and Onward,Artemis Fowl, Mulan, Soul,etc where clearly intend for theatrical releases but Apocalypse happened.

    The trailer looks surprisingly interesting what is interesting for me this looks to be aimed at slightly older young audience than their normal animated movies.

  8. #8
    King of Wakanda Midvillian1322's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    8,840

    Default

    Looks good. Moana was one of my favorite films of the last 10years and this is giving me Moana vibes.

  9. #9
    Astonishing Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,188

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Looks fun. Hope Disney doesn't bait and switch us and just dump this on Disney+ like they do with everything else.
    What bait and switch???

    Anyway, it looks different than most previous Pixar films so it'll be interesting to see how it does.

  10. #10
    Spectacular Member Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    148

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Anyway, it looks different than most previous Pixar films so it'll be interesting to see how it does.
    Well you'd expect that as it's not a Pixar film! But it does look a bit different from previous WDAS films too, apparently it's not a musical for starters?

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Looks like it'll be interesting, especially with the major time jump that seems to happen.
    Opening scene is almost certainly a training session, her opponent is probably her dad or something. Note the same sword...Raya and her pangolin (whatever) are much older in subsesquent scenes.

  11. #11
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    7,613

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Opening scene is almost certainly a training session, her opponent is probably her dad or something. Note the same sword...Raya and her pangolin (whatever) are much older in subsesquent scenes.
    That would be interesting and make sense (the other opponent doesn't seem to be using a real sword). Wonder if the adult Raya material will be the bulk of the movie?

  12. #12
    Extraordinary Member Cyke's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    7,159

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Looks good. Moana was one of my favorite films of the last 10years and this is giving me Moana vibes.
    Same here on both points. I'm excited for sure.

  13. #13
    Silver Sentinel BeastieRunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    West Coast, USA
    Posts
    10,683

    Default

    Wait, this is a remake?
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

  14. #14
    Astonishing Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,188

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Wait, this is a remake?
    Where did you see that?

  15. #15
    Silver Sentinel BeastieRunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    West Coast, USA
    Posts
    10,683

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Where did you see that?
    In the first post. vvv
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Teaser. (and no there is no 80s last dragon song!)
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •