Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ravyn View Post
    I really dislike Betsy now. She's so unpleasant and bratty.

Hopefully she'll get killed-off this event and Brian can become the main character of this book.
    Hopefully it all happens off-panel, like everything else.

Betsy and Rogue are my favorite X-men. I want Rogue to get more spotlight and Betsy just needs to figure herself out already.

We've been waiting since the Mystery in Madripoor one-shot where she is sitting by the fire alone.

If you really don't get the frustration thats fine. But as a fan of hers I am allowed to commuinicate my thougts on a forum.

If you don't like it thats fine. If you think this series has no flaws I am glad that you are liking it. And just weird that you find nothing to critique of this series.

But don't be condescending to people and act like they just dont get it.

Tini needs to realize whats workng and whats not and adapt.

And as to the question as why people are still reading it. Its been stated. Betsy Braddock is my favorite character. If i can get through New Exiles and New Excalibur and Humphries Uncanny X-Force I can continue to pick this up and see whats going on with Betsy.

I did like the sibling dynamic and the new Starlight Sword.
    Last edited by CGAR; 10-22-2020 at 07:20 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    It really is though.

Brian got the sword back because of the prophecy. Is it really that big of a jump? He kept saying he doesn't want to draw the sword throughout the whole issue, that showed that he was trying to resist it.
    Yes the prophecy. I understand that’s why he has the sword. Someone claimed he took it when he went to the lighthouse and that it was obvious that’s when he took it. That’s before the prophecy. So which is it? You can’t have it both ways. You all that enjoy this mess are so condescending to the people that have issues with the writing and storytelling. So yes, he has the sword because of the prophecy (which happened off panel). I guess I’ll have to except poor storytelling and make up the answers of the writing gaps

It's all there. You just don't get it.

All i'll be thinking when I read the next issue lol

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    If you really don't get the frustration thats fine. But as a fan of hers I am allowed to commuinicate my thougts on a forum.

If you don't like it thats fine. If you think this series has no flaws I am glad that you are liking it. And just weird that you find nothing to critique of this series.

But don't be condescending to people and act like they just dont get it.

Tini needs to realize whats workng and whats not and adapt.

And as to the question as why people are still reading it. Its been stated. Betsy Braddock is my favorite character. If i can get through New Exiles and New Excalibur and Humphries Uncanny X-Force I can continue to pick this up and see whats going on with Betsy.

I did like the sibling dynamic and the new Starlight Sword.
    This. People are definitely being condescending on this board.

I’m still reading because my favorite characters are in this book. I’m allowed to state my issues with the book because I read it every month. This is honestly the only book out of the entire line that I do not like the writing.

Mighty Member

It's all there. You just don't get it.

All i'll be thinking when I read the next issue lol
    The only book in the line “that you don’t get it” lol
    Just fill in the holes for yourself.

Oh Lord. Betsy told him about the Prophecy. He went and got the sword. Did you all want to see him go to the Lighthouse, dig, get the sword and then jump to the first page of this issue? Was it really needed?

Actually yeah. I would have rather have had Betsy and Brian go get the SoM since it was part of the prophecy and then go on an epic sibling adventure to get the Starlight Sword.

BUT we got what we got and thats fine. *shrug*

We really do need more emoji options.

And honestly lets go back to the review of the issue where Betsy scares off Brian.

I wanna see how many people said he grabbed the sword. Even though he told Betsy to hide it somewhere he couldnt find it.

Oh wait maybe he found it because the sword was calling out to him. Thats how he knew where it was. Nope somewhere off panel Betsy succumbed and let him know where she buried it. Oh that wasnt in the story either but now its my head canon.
    Last edited by CGAR; 10-22-2020 at 08:35 AM.

Mighty Member

LOL. You all agreeing he got the sword in issue 9 at the lighthouse in the preview for this issue. Now you’re saying he got it because of the prophecy that Betsy told him about. Riiight.

Seriously the snide remarks and condescending behavior is so unnecessary. I haven’t insulted anyone’s intelligence or comprehension skills.

No I don’t need to see him get the sword, but everyone acting like I didn’t understand he took it in 9 at the lighthouse and now you’re saying he took it off panel because he was told he needed it. Which is it?

Actually yeah. I would have rather have had Betsy and Brian go get the SoM since it was part of the prophecy and then go on an epic sibling adventure to get the Starlight Sword.

BUT we got what we got and thats fine. *shrug*

We really do need more emoji options.
    It still doesn't mean that she did such a big jump in the plot as some people are saying. We knew where the sword was, we've been told that Brian got it back because of the prophecy, and the fact that he doesn't want the sword or doesn't want to draw it because it corrupts him was also in the actual comic.

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post
    LOL. You all agreeing he got the sword in issue 9 at the lighthouse in the preview for this issue. Now you’re saying he got it because of the prophecy that Betsy told him about. Riiight.

Seriously the snide remarks and condescending behavior is so unnecessary. I haven’t insulted anyone’s intelligence or comprehension skills.

No I don’t need to see him get the sword, but everyone acting like I didn’t understand he took it in 9 at the lighthouse and now you’re saying he took it off panel because he was told he needed it. Which is it?
    I didn't agree to anything.

BANNED

Who is "everyone?" Lol...... again, projecting.

I will say for non-Excalibur readers that him popping up with the SoM is a little confusing. But Doug started his issue already in possession of his as well, and talking to it.

But if anyone's been reading Excalibur, the SoM is no secret, we know where it is, why it's there, what it represents, and why Brian wasn't ready for it. One would hope anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Yeah people taking their frustrations out on Betsy the character are making me look a lil sideways. I see no problem with Betsy taking on a new role and even embracing it, I just think it needs to be written better. Also, at the end of the day I shouldn’t HAVE to reread every issue of Excalibur to enjoy this issue for three reasons:

1) If your book is released in a monthly format I should be able to enjoy it like that.
    2) If I didn’t particularly enjoy it the first time, then why would I reread it?
    3) This is an issue in the middle of a crossover!!! If anything this issue should have more mass appeal than any previous issue of Excalibur. And you can’t tell me that’s unfair because every single other writer on this event has managed to make their issues crossover friendly.
    1) You definitely don't have to read it but I just feel it's a given? I personally don't buy monthly comes to not go back read them.
    2) To go back and see if there are things you missed the first go round or if it reads better as a whole? It's just like a tv show/movie you may not have enjoyed on the first watch but the second time it might hit you.
    3) That one I don't disagree with. I think the bit about adding the Corps in was a mistake because if you're not reading Excalibur then it's weird. I can easily admit the book ain't perfect by any means but some posters are dogpiling just for the sake of it. It's exhausting and a little sad at this point.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    It still doesn't mean that she did such a big jump in the plot as some people are saying. We knew where the sword was, we've been told that Brian got it back because of the prophecy, and the fact that he doesn't want the sword or doesn't want to draw it because it corrupts him was also in the actual comic.
    Rnap22 should also see this. It's obvious.

Mighty Member

4DD080A1-A012-4321-9BE2-3A44E60B82B1.jpg
    It’s obvious

On that note, I’m done with this board.