Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516 LastLast
    Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post
    Saturnyne was regal and powerful as hell in part one. Something she hasn’t been in this series at all.
    It's not even just that. Character have different voices all the time during crossovers involving multiple writers.

Saturnyne's whole getting-laid scheme entirely rode on Brian being totally cool with Betsy being thrown in jail. Just... What? Seriously? Did she Wiki "Inferno" and thought it would work on the Braddocks or something?

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

Enjoyed this issue. I do think that A story could have been a Giant Sized issue. Clearing the way for this issue to explore a little more into why reconciliation is off the table,but we have more to come.I think the question will be will the mutants of Krakoa be judged worthy by the Arrako mutants to see if they and A is worthy? I think this also plays into a plot point of the x-line of of survival despite the odds.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Beacuse Tini Howard still tried to tie it into the book's ongoing plot instead of doing what the other books did and put everything aside.
    I had no idea what those Captain Britain X-Men were. That would've been confusing for people who only picked up the issue for X of Swords reasons.
    Yeah, if you weren't reading Excalibur, you'd be like "Wait, is nobody going to talk about the fact that Jubilee is DEAD?!"

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Beacuse Tini Howard still tried to tie it into the book's ongoing plot instead of doing what the other books did and put everything aside.
    I had no idea what those Captain Britain X-Men were. That would've been confusing for people who only picked up the issue for X of Swords reasons.
    Pretty much.
    I read their introduction and that issue was confusing AF. Their appearance along with Jamie's in this issue just made no sense and was completely irrelevant...and confusing...to the main plot.
    HiX-Man needs to instruct Tini on how best to edit her stories properly.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    Can't speak for everyone but yes, i would have like that, if it makes me look like an idiot or simpleton i accept that and move on with my life and hope something better comes along even though i feel that is a fools hope at this point.
    I mean, if you wish for pages about Brian learning how to drive an excavator and digging up a sword, be my guest.

But let's not pretend that without those pages the comic was not easy to understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    Yeah, if you weren't reading Excalibur, you'd be like "Wait, is nobody going to talk about the fact that Jubilee is DEAD?!"
    That was me.

1F232A86-CD2E-46F6-A9E1-266D7406B18C.jpg
    It says that the sword of might place of origin is thought to be galador. Isn’t that where Kable’s sword is from. Hopefully that’s not a copy and paste error from Marvel!

I think that's deliberate and it's very interesting. Merlin was a Galadorian all along??

Extraordinary Member

My vote is it is a copy and paste error. That is, there is no mention in either history nor the story itself to presume why it would be Galadorian. Whereas the Cable issue data page explains why that sword is believed to be so.

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    It's A Jubilee not THE Jubilee, there is a difference there...though tbh it is quite saddening they made her just so she can be killed off later without doing anything relevent at all nor giving her death any meaning aside from showing Jamie Braddock is a psycho with too much power and a fragile ego.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    I mean, if you wish for pages about Brian learning how to drive an excavator and digging up a sword, be my guest.

But let's not pretend that without those pages the comic was not easy to understand.
    I would have been happy with just picking up a shovel at least but to each their own i guess.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    My vote is it is a copy and paste error. That is, there is no mention in either history nor the story itself to presume why it would be Galadorian. Whereas the Cable issue data page explains why that sword is believed to be so.
    They retconned Wakandan lore so that they could give Storm a sword to borrow/steal, why wouldn't they also just go "well let's retcon another old item of Marvel history, who will notice right?". At this i don't put it past anyone to pull stunts like this anymore.

Mighty Member

It's A Jubilee not THE Jubilee, there is a difference there...though tbh it is quite saddening they made her just so she can be killed off later without doing anything relevent at all nor giving her death any meaning aside from showing Jamie Braddock is a psycho with too much power and a fragile ego.
    I know it's not the same jubilee. What I'm saying is that if nobody knew that it wasn't the same jubilee, they'd think Jamie just killed Jubilee to absolutely zero fanfare.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DrMcNugget View Post
    Why didn't Saturnyne just freeze Betsy the same way she did to everyone in the Creation issue if she didn't want her to have the Starlight Sword???
    Saturnyne is very manipulative.

Her last words were well played, and she looks forward to another round. She wrote the prophecy and selected both Braddock twins.

Brian and Betsy were going to fight over being Captain Britain until the other Captains mysteriously broke free and convienently know were Jamie was. I think Saturnyne left them free herself as a part of testing the Braddock twins. Both the Starlight sword and the sword of night were mentioned in her prophecy.

I think she originally intended that Brian get the Starlight Sword and Betsy take the sword of might (her saying Betsy was better suited to shadowy work). But Betsy taking the Starlight sword and Brian keeping the sword of might as Jamie’s defender suits her purposes.

Extraordinary Member

They retconned Wakandan lore so that they could give Storm a sword to borrow/steal, why wouldn't they also just go "well let's retcon another old item of Marvel history, who will notice right?". At this i don't put it past anyone to pull stunts like this anymore.
    Oh I don't have any doubt they won't just do what they want and get around to retconning it if people make a point about it, I am just looking at the evidence comparing the page from Cable and the page from Excalibur. If they were going to retcon it as to having some connection to Galador then I believe they would have made some further point about it in the Secret Origin which seems to be there just for that purpose.