Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Brian's "they're not even British" line when he saw the new Corps members actually cracked me up.

I always feel so confused after most Excalibur issues (the one with the External and the gate focus being the exception). I feel like this book did tie into the Swords of X crossover fairly well enough, it did its job to get the swordbearers to the spot on Krakoa, but there's so much else in the book that just makes it feel so disconnected from every single other X-Book. It's like it's from a different genre. And while I loved Psylocke from both her original British form and post transformation, I feel like she's not that interesting in this book.

I wish I loved this book more. It has some of my favorite characters in it. But Rogue, Jubilee and Gambit could literally be replaced with anyone else right now and it wouldn't make a difference.

Also, don't get me started on the art. it's getting worse. Betsy made the same yelling face half a dozen times. it's like someone took Bendis's repetitive writing and transformed it into illustration.

So disappointing. Likely dropping after the crossover.

Does anyone else think Avalon would have been a good new codename for Betsy? No, just me? Ok.

Monarch and Avalon to her brothers but she wants to be Captain Britain now for some reason.

Seeing the Braddocks actually working together was fun but Betsy simply picking up the sword from Sat's bedroom floor was kinda wacky. Overall I liked the issue though.

Maybe she used the TK or Jamie mention he'd pop it right over or something I think.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Does anyone else think Avalon would have been a good new codename for Betsy? No, just me? Ok.

Monarch and Avalon to her brothers but she wants to be Captain Britain now for some reason.
    No, SAME. Avalon being Krakoan territory would've made her being "Captain Avalon" even better.
    I get it though. She's wanted to be CB for awhile and now she's got it but everyone feels she's not worthy/deserving. Even herself a little bit. I wouldn't give it up so easily either.

I want to love this book so much, but it's just such a mess. I hope it gets retooled after X of Swords or we get a new writer. I had no clue what was going on this issue and I have read every issue of this series so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunfire View Post
    I want to love this book so much, but it's just such a mess. I hope it gets retooled after X of Swords or we get a new writer. I had no clue what was going on this issue and I have read every issue of this series so far.
    It would be so sad if Tini put all that work into this crossover just to get fired from her book afterwards which entirely was meant to build up the crossover Lmao I would feel so bad!

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post

I had the same thought. Such a missed opportunity. It makes no sense for her to remain Captain Britain long term unless she renounces her Krakoan citizenship or something.

Saturnyne: I am almighty and I manage you all like pawns on a chessboard.

Also Saturnyne: Hot Brian is hot.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Ehhh so Betsy will use the the Starlight Sword and not her TK sword, correct?
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Starlight Sword is the one from the prophecy. But I'm sure she can use both if she wanted to.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    It would be so sad if Tini put all that work into this crossover just to get fired from her book afterwards which entirely was meant to build up the crossover Lmao I would feel so bad!
    I wouldn't feel so bad. Lots of these books are not meant to be permanent ongoings, and they need to adapt to each new "step" in Hickman's plan. Tini should do a solo book since lots of the weaknesses of this book seem to come from that.

Retooling this book into a Captain Avalon might remove lots of the confusion this story has. It would also give Betsy her own legacy, as opposed to a legacy that will eventually end up with someone else (Kwannon, her brother).

While this issue will be forgotten, I do kind of see Captain Avalon sticking around. It just sounds right.
    Last edited by RamaBird; 10-21-2020 at 07:45 AM.

Not a fan of Saturnyne's characterization in this issue, she was just pathetic. Really, girl? You're still stuck on a dude who turned you down ages ago? And for an Omniversal Majestrix she sure is dense.

All-New Member

Yes! But I think she'll use her TK swords and launch them. During her fight with Brian in this issue she launched two TK swords while using one for close combat.