Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Love the Braddocks. The storyline is admittedly convoluted, but in general I like the direction. Excited to see what this means for Brian.

So...did the twins forget that Jamie was a slave trader? Did he mess with their memories or something? They literally never bring this up.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    People saying things like they hope Excalibur ends after XoS, or that they hope a new creative team takes over, reminds me that not as much people read the solicits as you might think.
    So... Does it continue? Same writer? I ignore the title generally so I guess I also ignore its solicits.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Human trafficker or slave trader? Both are awful but what story arc is this from? I know he's done some bad things and his siblings have told him that he's done horrible things. But I doubt what you want will ever be brought up.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    So...did the twins forget that Jamie was a slave trader? Did he mess with their memories or something? They literally never bring this up.
    human trafficker and he was tortured into madness by Doctor Crocodile for that, what else are Brian & Betsy supposed to do?
    Last edited by Daedra; 10-21-2020 at 11:01 AM.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Human trafficker or slave trader? Both are awful but what story arc is this from? I know he's done some bad things and his siblings have told him that he's done horrible things. But I doubt what you want will ever be brought up.
    Right, human trafficker. It was revealed all the way back in Davis' Captain Britain run. Brian wanted to kill him when he learned the truth and left him at the mercy of Doctor Crocodile. And then decades later he and Jamie are BFFs with no explanation and working together to trial Fantomex for killing a child. WTF?

human trafficker and he was tortured into madness for that, what else are they supposed to do?
    I dunno, I probably wouldn't be on speaking terms with a brother who committed horrible crimes.

Why would they? They’re his siblings, not wikia editors dedicated to preserving every lost story tangent ever.

Quote Originally Posted by KylunFan View Post
    This issue had all the Braddock family drama and Old Excalibur Otherworld nonsense that I crave and yet I was still underhwelmed.

Just don't think I'll ever click with Tini's writing, which is a shame.

Can they just put what Betsy wants in black and white for a change, I feel like I'm supposed to be on her side and yet all she has done in Excalibur is whine and moan.

Saturnyne must be a complete idiot, how many times has Saturnyne failed to seduce Brian now?

You'd have thought she'd have learnt from the last time he rejected her...

You'd hope that at least one of these alternate versions of Courtney Ross must have gotten the hint by now that he's happy with Meggan.
    Yeah I’m confused. When Excalibur started it felt like she didn’t want the mantle, then we didn’t get any insight into her feelings for 10 issues, and now she’s deeply attached to the role? Like many others have noted I feel like we went from A to Z without any of the steps in the middle.

Right, human trafficker. It was revealed all the way back in Davis' Captain Britain run. Brian wanted to kill him when he learned the truth and left him at the mercy of Doctor Crocodile. And then decades later he and Jamie are BFFs with no explanation and working together to trial Fantomex for killing a child. WTF?

I dunno, I probably wouldn't be on speaking terms with a brother who committed horrible crimes.
    at least he was punished for it unlike many "reformed" krakoans who did even worse
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

I know, Brian certainly shouldn't even be speaking to him. I think somehow the American writers got confused and decided this was stuff he did when he was mad, rather than him being mad as a punishment for human trafficking and murder, and now he's sane everything is okay. Which it really isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Yeah I’m confused. When Excalibur started it felt like she didn’t want the mantle, then we didn’t get any insight into her feelings for 10 issues, and now she’s deeply attached to the role? Like many others have noted I feel like we went from A to Z with any of the steps in the middle.
    We've had multiple people telling her how she doesn't deserve the title and doubting her legitimacy while she constantly defends how she IS the current CB and wants that respect. She has an entire convo with Rogue wondering why Saturnyne wouldn't reveal herself as she's done to other CB's. Betsy might not have wanted it but she has it and has been doing the job protecting both Krakoa and Britain. For Brian to pop up and be yet another person who feels she can't hack it probably struck a cord.

I really don't think Jamie being a human trafficker is ever going to be addressed again.
    Last edited by Psycwave; 10-21-2020 at 11:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Why would they? They’re his siblings, not wikia editors dedicated to preserving every lost story tangent ever.
    That was literally Jamie's supervillain origin story.

Kraokoan era. Everyone is forgiven.

BANNED

That was literally Jamie's supervillain origin story.
    And you expect that to be addressed and expounded upon during this event? Choices.

Not to mention, there are literally members of the Krakoan council who have as-shady pasts that would also need delving into.

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    I know, Brian certainly shouldn't even be speaking to him. I think somehow the American writers got confused and decided this was stuff he did when he was mad, rather than him being mad as a punishment for human trafficking and murder, and now he's sane everything is okay. Which it really isn't.
    Jamie did restore Betsy to life after Vargas killed her and more recently Brian despite being previously killed by him, I guess in some way they are inclined to give him a second chance.