Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    Even dons the suit again later on. It’s been on her mind.
    I don't remember where the first scan was from, but this one from Uncanny X-Force has nothing to do with her wanting to be Captain Britain at all. She just wanted to save Fantomex from some out of nowhere trial nonsense and since it was in Otherworld and she was running around in a bathrobe or something, she decided to run around as Lady Britain but never said one thing about wanting to that or anything, in fact she mostly just talked about how she was betraying everything for Fantomex, and then there was that ending, which I would rather forget as with most of Remender's X-stuff.

If it makes sense for Tini Howard that Betsy would still cling to her childhood dream of bearing the title of Captain Britain, I'd be happy to learn why she thinks Betsy was willing to let go of her own Psylocke code name that easily.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    I don't remember where the first scan was from, but this one from Uncanny X-Force has nothing to do with her wanting to be Captain Britain at all. She just wanted to save Fantomex from some out of nowhere trial nonsense and since it was in Otherworld and she was running around in a bathrobe or something, she decided to run around as Lady Britain but never said one thing about wanting to that or anything, in fact she mostly just talked about how she was betraying everything for Fantomex, and then there was that ending, which I would rather forget as with most of Remender's X-stuff.
    She had to wear it but the suit was brought out specifically to entice her to take something she had always wanted. She didn’t take the bait it’s acknowledging that Betsy wanting to be a CB isn’t new.

Mighty Member

She definitely wanted it again but became something else.

Even dons the suit again later on. It’s been on her mind.

Even in issue one. CB gives her something.
    She was being manipulated by the Hand telepaths and Mojo and Spiral. She says that because she always wanted to be a warrior. A hero. Brian didn’t want that life to her. She goes on to say she was too weak and sentimental. This is all in her head to make her cold and not sentimental to her friends. Obvious when she strikes them down one at a time with no remorse to get the rings.

In uncanny, she never says she wants to be CB. She dresses up like that to help Fantomex escape.

In Excalibur, she was going to go with Brian because it was a trap. She wanted to go because he had something worth dying for and she really didn’t.

I just don’t buy that she really wants to be CB all of a sudden. I can understand why she didn’t want the sword of might though. Yes she wants to be a hero and maybe she figures her past and taking the sword would lead her into a bad way.

Quote Originally Posted by Selene View Post
    If it makes sense for Tini Howard that Betsy would still cling to her childhood dream of bearing the title of Captain Britain, I'd be happy to learn why she thinks Betsy was willing to let go of her own Psylocke code name that easily.
    It can't have been a childhood dream, the identity didn't exist until Brian became CB as an adult (and Betsy is the same age as Brian).

Extraordinary Member

She had to wear it but the suit was brought out specifically to entice her to take something she had always wanted. She didn’t take the bait it’s acknowledging that Betsy wanting to be a CB isn’t new.
    The suit was brought out to entice her to give up hanging out with mutant lowlifes and fulfill her duty to her family and to Otherworld. She never once in that story mentions it being something she craved but she does throw out the at the time popular "why haven't you been saving mutants" at Brian. I don't say this to say she has never wanted to be CB, but that story does not support that take is all.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    The suit was brought out to entice her to give up hanging out with mutant lowlifes and fulfill her duty to her family and to Otherworld.
    A duty she used to want! So we agree.

Agree with the general sentiment in here. Art was great, story a bit contrived to get to the end point. Did like the shade Saturnyne threw at Betsy about her time in X-Force. Lurking in the shadows suited her well.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

So anyone got any theories and what price she will end up paying for? I mean that last line "She would lose more than she planned for" all but says it don't it? My idea, Brian gets killed saving her and the Council says "Sorry, only mutants get resurrected but here's a ham for your troubles."

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    So anyone got any theories and what price she will end up paying for? I mean that last line "She would lose more than she planned for" all but says it don't it? My idea, Brian gets killed saving her and the Council says "Sorry, only mutants get resurrected but here's a ham for your troubles."
    They already did the lost a brother guilt trip on her, so my guess is she loses her mutant powers and maybe they shuffle her off to do Captain Britain stuff somewhere.

Maybe she'll lose her eyes again, and go back to the bionic-eyes she sported when she first became Psylocke.

Poor Betsy. I like her.... but she's coming across power hungry.

I'm really trying to like this book but I usually have no idea what's going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    I think she’s gonna die which will lead to more identity crisis shenanigan when she’s revived. I feel like the current crop of writers aren’t super invested in who Betsy is as a person right now, so why not replace her with a multiversal look-alike.

BANNED

Liked the issue more than most previous ones, but at this point I'm kinda hoping Betsy dies in Otherworld so Brian can just go ahead and reclaim the title that is rightfully his. I mean, Captain Avalon? Lol

I don't think they'll try to ressurect anybody who dies in Otherworld. Rockslide was probably the first and last one.