Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

At this point, I'd rather root for Jamie and his fabulous Sinister cape than for Betsy and her CB powers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    She's confused, that's been clear since issue 1. She's been Captain Britain for quite a bit before, so it's not farfetched that she wants to be one again.
    I hear and agree with you but, as I've read here, her reasons for wanting it haven't been very well shown. Is she overcompensating for not being a kickass Asian Ninja anymore?
    Last edited by nx01a; 10-21-2020 at 01:42 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

I'm dreading them using this event to kill of Brian to make her being CB more concrete.

He just became Captain Avalon. It would be stupid to kill him.

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    I'm dreading them using this event to kill of Brian to make her being CB more concrete.
    He could just retire.

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    At this point, I'd rather root for Jamie and his fabulous Sinister cape than for Betsy and her CB powers.
    I hear and agree with you but, as I've read here, her reasons for wanting it haven't been very well shown. Is she overcompensating for not being a kickass Asian Ninja anymore?
    I think she's all confused and this probably feels to her as a way to start something new but still connected to her "old" life.

I can see that, too, but holding onto something that's been your brother's and has been his identity for year just because you want to paradoxically find your own identity and connect to the past? Pissing off your family doesn't seem like the sensible way to get in touch with your past. She seems petty and entitled and completely unsympathetic here, especially to her twin (and sane) brother.

And, TBH, I sound far more invested in this than I am. Once XoS is over, I'm never looking back at Excalibur. Come on, S.W.⨂.R.D.!
    Last edited by nx01a; 10-21-2020 at 01:53 PM.
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    I can't with Tini anymore. This issue was just flat out DUMB.

And for a reality warping, omega-level mutant, Jamie seems to forget he has any powers at all.
    The powers that he used this issue to kill someone?

When Jamie doesn't go full out reality warper I just pretend that he's a cat playing with a mouse. He knows he can do damage. But he'd rather play along till he gets bored.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

I genuinely wonder if this title would benefit from being retooled to a Britain based set of heroes with Betsy and Brian leading. Ala MI:13 because especially at this point there is a clear indication that most of the cast don't matter to the overall story. Which ironically enough maybe, that's what Tini has been saying this entire time by having them in such peripheral and contrived roles.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    The powers that he used this issue to kill someone?
    Yes, Jamie used his powers against the corp (and then didn't against Gambit...), but when they were stealing the Starlight Sword he did nothing useful. I get that his powers are tricky to write, but Tini doesn't even try. I hate when you can see the plot holes too obviously and you're left thinking that so and so should have or could have done this or that.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    When Jamie doesn't go full out reality warper I just pretend that he's a cat playing with a mouse. He knows he can do damage. But he'd rather play along till he gets bored.
    It's not good writing if the readers have to fill in so many blanks. I actually do agree with that characterization, but a reader that doesn't know a lot of Jamie's history would never be able to assume that.

Jaime is powerful but Saturnyne is powerful now and the leaders of the other kingdoms are people like Merlyn, Mad Jim Jaspers or Roma.

All Otherworld seems to hold onto a balance of power of "All leaders are absurdly powerful."

RB Silva can do no wrong! I love his art-so clean and forward-looking. I PRAY he's back on an X-book soon (though in the meantime I'll savor his work over on Fantastic Four).

Mighty Member

The really really wanting to be CB all of the sudden is odd. I can get that she doesn’t want the sword. She told Brian to take it when he chose it and that he could still do good with it. But back in Captain Britain (85-86) “I don’t want to be Captain Britain!”. It was only after Linda said she would be her partner for a bit that she accepted. She was CB for 5 months and was accepted by the public. After her defeat, she went of to Switzerland, captured by Mojo, saved by the New Mutants and joined the X-men. She never shared any desire to become CB again, only that she dreamed of being a warrior. So yes, this lashing out is out of nowhere to most of us.

I liked them all working together, but this show and it was a plan all along was weak. Who let the fake CBC out? They were contained no problem before.

Yay they got their swords.

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post
    The really really wanting to be CB all of the sudden is odd. I can get that she doesn’t want the sword. She told Brian to take it when he chose it and that he could still do good with it. But back in Captain Britain (85-86) “I don’t want to be Captain Britain!”. It was only after Linda said she would be her partner for a bit that she accepted. She was CB for 5 months and was accepted by the public. After her defeat, she went of to Switzerland, captured by Mojo, saved by the New Mutants and joined the X-men. She never shared any desire to become CB again, only that she dreamed of being a warrior. So yes, this lashing out is out of nowhere to most of us.

She definitely wanted it again but became something else.

Even dons the suit again later on. It’s been on her mind.

Even in issue one. CB gives her something.
    Last edited by Psycwave; 10-21-2020 at 03:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post
    But back in Captain Britain (85-86) “I don’t want to be Captain Britain!”. It was only after Linda said she would be her partner for a bit that she accepted. She was CB for 5 months and was accepted by the public.
    Thanks for the UK series info.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    She needs to find something she can earn herself and not take from someone else.
    Geez. I just remembered the Crimson Dawn powers, too! She got those while unconscious to save her life. Has she ever earned anything she's received? She's a telekinetic telepath. What more power does she need to feel... empowered, fulfilled?
    Last edited by nx01a; 10-21-2020 at 03:51 PM.