Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Not a fan of Saturnyne's characterization in this issue, she was just pathetic. Really, girl? You're still stuck on a dude who turned you down ages ago? And for an Omniversal Majestrix she sure is dense.
    It's called being dickmatized!

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Not a fan of Saturnyne's characterization in this issue, she was just pathetic. Really, girl? You're still stuck on a dude who turned you down ages ago? And for an Omniversal Majestrix she sure is dense.
    The Dick was probably bomb *shrugs*

But she never got it. Its all Meggans.

I guess if you consider the fact that her evil AU counterpart banged him at least twice, while she got nothing...And Courtney probably banged him too. That's two of her counterparts! Really bad for self-esteem.

I was surprisingly loving this issue. It's great to see the Braddock dynamics. The Braddocks sees thru Saturyne's plan was a great twist.

I like Brian as Captain Avalon (and the suit!). I really hope we'll see more of Avalon and the other kingdoms of Otherworld.
    It'd be interesting if Jamie would be the one re-building the Captain Britain Corps (from other realities) instead of Saturyne.

The art were great. Still not a fan of Tini's characterization of Betsy tho.

This book is at its best when it's exploring the Braddock family dynamics with Otherworld. But Jubilee, Gambit and Rogue feel completely out of place with what has been going on and would be better off as Krakoa background characters or in a new book/team. Rictor and Apocalypse I'm not sure on they kinda fit in with the fantasy elements they're going for but at the same time don't.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

It was a fine, if dull and silly issue. Not really a fan of the "it was our plan all along" issues. Still don't like or see the point of the AU Captains Britain. I did enjoy the interaction of the Braddocks. Captain Avalon looks great, but does this mean Brian and his family will be living there? The art was great, it's a shame Silva is going to be wasted on the FF.

Mighty Member

Like I'd be willing to accept the "It was our plan all along." idea. if the middle of the issue with all the mutant captain Britain corp stuff made a lick of sense, when it really doesn't.

Mighty Member

Great art. Like Brian’s new suit and name.

Something just didn't click in this issue, least favorite of the book and xos so far.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    Like I'd be willing to accept the "It was our plan all along." idea. if the middle of the issue with all the mutant captain Britain corp stuff made a lick of sense, when it really doesn't.
    The use of Jamie's CBC in this issue and the issue in which they were created feel like so much padding to make the series line up better with the event. It's not that it doesn't make sense to me, just that it's kind of pointless filler. And in a series where so much stuff has been happening off panel, there are better ways to use that space.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    The use of Jamie's CBC in this issue and the issue in which they were created feel like so much padding to make the series line up better with the event. It's not that it doesn't make sense to me, just that it's kind of pointless filler. And in a series where so much stuff has been happening off panel, there are better ways to use that space.
    They should just be killed off. Do we need alt version of characters that don’t fit the book? Nope.

Also... where was everyone during the kick off to this event?

This issue had all the Braddock family drama and Old Excalibur Otherworld nonsense that I crave and yet I was still underhwelmed.

Just don't think I'll ever click with Tini's writing, which is a shame.

Can they just put what Betsy wants in black and white for a change, I feel like I'm supposed to be on her side and yet all she has done in Excalibur is whine and moan.

Saturnyne must be a complete idiot, how many times has Saturnyne failed to seduce Brian now?

You'd have thought she'd have learnt from the last time he rejected her...

You'd hope that at least one of these alternate versions of Courtney Ross must have gotten the hint by now that he's happy with Meggan.
    Last edited by KylunFan; 10-21-2020 at 08:49 AM. Reason: Words are hard

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    Kind of give me the impression that this whole XoS and profecies is just a part of Saturnine goal of banging Brian...
    That horny minx

this for me was the best written issue of excalibur to date by tini and i loved it. It was as said an extremely frustrating read but when you make it to the climax and found out they were living out a prophecy saturyne wrote and as such had to play there parts within it on the whole it came off amazing.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/