Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    I can't with Tini anymore. This issue was just flat out DUMB.

And for a reality warping, omega-level mutant, Jamie seems to forget he has any powers at all.
    This right here. Excalibur continues to be the worst of the x-books despite a STELLAR cast. Tini is really just phoning in almost everything. This was the messiest chapter thus far, hopefully the next chapter clears up the off panel assumptions. This whole book kind of happens off panel, so the fact that others are tied to it might clarify those holes thankfully.

BANNED

This book is so awful when it focuses on Betsy. I'm sad for her fans who rabidly defend. It's just not good.

Mighty Member

I think a simple telepathic “follow me lead” would have made this whole issue easier to swallow.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Muffinman View Post
    This right here. Excalibur continues to be the worst of the x-books despite a STELLAR cast. Tini is really just phoning in almost everything. This was the messiest chapter thus far, hopefully the next chapter clears up the off panel assumptions. This whole book kind of happens off panel, so the fact that others are tied to it might clarify those holes thankfully.
    I can see cancellation looming in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by PetPigeon View Post
    This book is so awful when it focuses on Betsy. I'm sad for her fans who rabidly defend. It's just not good.

The editors said that they were going to elevate her powers greatly in this book now that she is CB and yet betsy has not only been a fool in terms of personality as this book goes along, but her power displays have not been anything that Psyloke betsy could have done. She is basically wood's betsy when she was using telekinetic weaponry but with a brain full of rocks.

BANNED

A character regaining their own body and quickly becoming a whole new entity is a good story. It's just badly done here. She should have spent those Cullen issues with Kwannanon on Krakoa instead of giving Rachel that awful baby thing. The lack of Megan when Brian is concerned is alarming as well. Though I blame whoever gave them that basic annoying plot device smart baby as well

Quote Originally Posted by PetPigeon View Post
    A character regaining their own body and quickly becoming a whole new entity is a good story. It's just badly done here. She should have spent those Cullen issues with Kwannanon on Krakoa instead of giving Rachel that awful baby thing. The lack of Megan when Brian is concerned is alarming as well. Though I blame whoever gave them that basic annoying plot device smart baby as well
    I do hate that Rachel has that warwolf puppy and that she gave it that name... it is so weird to have in x-factor.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    If we can get through New Exlies Betsy and New Excalibur Betsy. We can get through this.

But the more things people call things out the more I dislike Betsy's character arc.

She basically didn't want to be Captain Britain but it was thrust on her but now she wants it because people dont believe in her?

She had 12 issues to earn it. I guess she's going to earn it during this event? Maybe? She hasn't really done anything significant even though editors said they were going to try to elevate her to Captain Marvel levels.

She's just taken Brian's role. Yeah I know she's been Captain Britain before but Tini is just missing opportunities left and right. Monarch? Captain Avalon? How were those not given to Betsy.

Just have to stick with it. She has a plan. She has a plan.
    Ok. Let me just say, I love your devotion. But Captain Marvel is trash. Don't ever wish Betsy to be that. This book is bad but it could be worse.

You know, after having a look at the whole run till now, I really have to wonder what the point in adding Jubilee even was, all she does is get hysterical about Shogo..... just let her stay out of arm way and be a mom to her infant son .... stop wasting panel time.
    Last edited by Daedra; 10-21-2020 at 05:59 PM.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

BANNED

Or Rouge. Any external should have been able to open that portal.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    You know, after having a look at the whole run till now, I really have to wonder what the point in adding Jubilee even was, all she does is get hysterical about Shogo..... just let her stay out of arm way and be a mom to her infant son .... stop wasting panel time.
    Jubilee, Rogue, and Gambit need to be rescued from this mess posthaste

BANNED

I feel like the latest solicitation makes it feel like a final issue.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    If we can get through New Exlies Betsy and New Excalibur Betsy. We can get through this.

But the more things people call things out the more I dislike Betsy's character arc.

She basically didn't want to be Captain Britain but it was thrust on her but now she wants it because people dont believe in her?

She had 12 issues to earn it. I guess she's going to earn it during this event? Maybe? She hasn't really done anything significant even though editors said they were going to try to elevate her to Captain Marvel levels.

She's just taken Brian's role. Yeah I know she's been Captain Britain before but Tini is just missing opportunities left and right. Monarch? Captain Avalon? How were those not given to Betsy.

Just have to stick with it. She has a plan. She has a plan.
    I think the ship sailed on this version of her since the very first issue when she starting dancing to Apocalypse tune and then can't even muster a compelling argument to Saturnyne on why she deserves to be CB, much less now that she played a con on someone you really shouldn't do that to.

12 times to show some idea of where the character can go and from what i have read on every thread made for this book, each one has failed to meet ANY expectation from the readers. I truly admire the dedication of her fans to stick with this in hopes their hero rises but at the same time i feel sorry that hope is not met. And let's be honest, raising her to the level of Danvers is not really a grand achievement, not to me at least after the CW fiascos.

Quote Originally Posted by Muffinman View Post
    Jubilee, Rogue, and Gambit need to be rescued from this mess posthaste
    You mean the Cpt Britain versions? Because Jubilee got killed and the other two are in lock up and what use would they be when we already have the OG versions? That would be like the evil X-men in New X-calibur, they came they saw they got waxed.

An that's another thing that grinds my gears, Jamie flatout murdered her and Betsy still trusts him? That didn't add up in any sensible way.

It's shocking that people really think that she was tricked and that this isn't all her plan to give Betsy that sword in the first place. I think it you clearly remember the level of power that Saturnye has if he wanted to stop them she could.