Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516 LastLast
    BANNED

That's two, not everyone. Obviously, lmao.

Ty for going through that, for nothing.

I was wrong. All he did was say to lock it away.

So Betsy buries it in the dirt somewhere around the Lighthouse.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    1) You definitely don't have to read it but I just feel it's a given? I personally don't buy monthly comes to not go back read them.
    2) To go back and see if there are things you missed the first go round or if it reads better as a whole? It's just like a tv show/movie you may not have enjoyed on the first watch but the second time it might hit you.
    3) That one I don't disagree with. I think the bit about adding the Corps in was a mistake because if you're not reading Excalibur then it's weird. I can easily admit the book ain't perfect by any means but some posters are dogpiling just for the sake of it. It's exhausting and a little sad at this point.
    Yeah I can admit that maybe the book just isn’t my cup of tea, so maybe I’ll stop reading after XoS (who knows tbh). Again, glad that you and others were able to enjoy the issue.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Read this yesterday and figured I'd let it sink in before commenting on account of how passionate folks got over this.

This... this was decidedly not crossover-friendly. Most of the crossover's titles (read: everything but X-Factor) have managed so far to come up with something accessible and cohesive (or at least a superbly entertaining hot mess a la Hellions) that didn't require a heavy investment in the main characters. Heck, Marauders gave us a superior take on the "getting overly melodramatic over one's social network and stealing stuff" shtick a mere two weeks ago anyway. This one stuck out like a sore thumb, really.

All-New Member

Okay, my only problem with Betsy as CB is that when England and Krakoa are in danger at the same time, who will she decide to help?

Because if you really want to have the role of CB, before Krakoan before mutant you will always have to put your identity as a British first and that is not a condition, it is an obligation, because Captain Britain is not the same as being Captain America the mantle comes with a few responsibilities that you agree to fulfill when you put it on.

But that's my opinion.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Yeah it's hard to be Krakoa First when your codename is literally another country

Incredible Member

Excalibur has a killer roster, the amazing possibilities of Otherworld as background, fair (but not incredible) art, and even though it is not going anywhere. It is selling less than a D-listers book like hellion. Sad to say this cause I should definitely support a strong woman like tini as a writer, but perhaps it’s time to her to leave for another book.

The narratives are messy and the characterizations are shallow. The battles are anywhere close from being epic. Gambit is a moron and Apocalipse magic often comes out of place. Psylocke has gone trough hell and endured and now in excalibur she is often overwhelmed by minor family issues as if she was a spoiled teen.

i miss remender and cullen bunn
    Last edited by crimsontt; 10-22-2020 at 02:14 PM.

Tini has some fascinating concepts but the execution just leaves a little to be desired. I agree with that some of the characaterizations can be off putting. I'm not really familiar with Saturnyne before this event. She was setup beautifully in Creation, however after being depicted as a cerebral interdimensional goddess are antics in the issue undermined that. The end of this issue read like a soap opera. RB Silva was fantastic as always

Quote Originally Posted by crimsontt View Post
    Excalibur has a killer roster, the amazing possibilities of Otherworld as background, fair (but not incredible) art, and even though it is not going anywhere. It is selling less than a D-listers book like hellion. Sad to say this cause I should definitely support a strong woman like tini as a writer, but perhaps it’s time to her to leave for another book.

The narratives are messy and the characterizations are shallow. The battles are anywhere close from being epic. Gambit is a moron and Apocalipse magic often comes out of place. Psylocke has gone trough hell and endured and now in excalibur she is often overwhelmed by minor family issues as if she was a spoiled teen.

i miss remender and cullen bunn
    I agree with everything you said (apart from the art that I really dislike). Which is unfortunate because I was really really rooting for Tini. She has great intelligent ideas and seems to be a super nice person.
    A picture would last longer darling...

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Read this yesterday and figured I'd let it sink in before commenting on account of how passionate folks got over this.

This... this was decidedly not crossover-friendly. Most of the crossover's titles (read: everything but X-Factor) have managed so far to come up with something accessible and cohesive (or at least a superbly entertaining hot mess a la Hellions) that didn't require a heavy investment in the main characters. Heck, Marauders gave us a superior take on the "getting overly melodramatic over one's social network and stealing stuff" shtick a mere two weeks ago anyway. This one stuck out like a sore thumb, really.
    Beacuse Tini Howard still tried to tie it into the book's ongoing plot instead of doing what the other books did and put everything aside.
    I had no idea what those Captain Britain X-Men were. That would've been confusing for people who only picked up the issue for X of Swords reasons.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Oh Lord. Betsy told him about the Prophecy. He went and got the sword. Did you all want to see him go to the Lighthouse, dig, get the sword and then jump to the first page of this issue? Was it really needed?
    Can't speak for everyone but yes, i would have like that, if it makes me look like an idiot or simpleton i accept that and move on with my life and hope something better comes along even though i feel that is a fools hope at this point.

Why didn't Saturnyne just freeze Betsy the same way she did to everyone in the Creation issue if she didn't want her to have the Starlight Sword???

Quote Originally Posted by DrMcNugget View Post
    Why didn't Saturnyne just freeze Betsy the same way she did to everyone in the Creation issue if she didn't want her to have the Starlight Sword???
    she was so horny that she forgot how to use her powers. It’s obvious

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Beacuse Tini Howard still tried to tie it into the book's ongoing plot instead of doing what the other books did and put everything aside.
    I guess so. Just... I dunno. Does anyone truly believe Psylocke won't prevail over naysayers and prove she was worthy all along? I get that Psylocke is still pissed about not getting as many Likes as she used to before that Kwannon jerk ruined everything, but the whole thing just came off as kind of obnoxious given how the other Swordbearers have been behaving in the other titles.

That, and don't get me started on the cringey Saturnyne showing.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    I guess so. Just... I dunno. Does anyone truly believe Psylocke won't prevail over naysayers and prove she was worthy all along? I get that Psylocke is still pissed about not getting as many Likes as she used to before that Kwannon jerk ruined everything, but the whole thing just came off as kind of obnoxious given how the other Swordbearers have been behaving in the other titles.

That, and don't get me started on the cringey Saturnyne showing.
    Saturnyne was regal and powerful as hell in part one. Something she hasn’t been in this series at all.